That is one of the most fabulous episodes ever. What an ending. What an unhinged performance, what a laidback response from Ronald Allen!

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

This episode I remember so clearly!
    I’m being extremely clever up here and there’s no one to stand around looking impressed! What’s the point in having you all?

Interesting to read the transcripts of the episodes not released on DVD following the shooting. It describes Rosemary as being sent to a sanitarium. I didn't realise this word was still being used in 1980!

Quote Originally Posted by SiHart View Post
    That is one of the most fabulous episodes ever. What an ending. What an unhinged performance, what a laidback response from Ronald Allen!
    It was an oddly shot scene (pardon the pun!) We had no reaction shots from David's perspective as Rosemary was threatening to pump him full of lead, and we got about a microsecond long shot when the gun was fired. The blood on the white rug was a tad unconvincing - looked like a raspberry jam spillage!

I missed the episode at the time, and my Mum then told me he'd been shot! I remember tuning in for the next episode though (probably hoping for a flashback).

Episode 3295, April 1980

Ooh the end titles have changed - white writing (different font too) on an orange background. It's the start of the slippery slope towards "The Purple Years"!!

Slightly disconcerted to find that I used to wear the same jumper as Reg Cotterill! There's a reference to an Ivy Truett (who Reg seems quite taken with) but so far no appearance. I can't find any photos of her on Google either. For the moment she remains an enigma!

David & Barbara have been married a day. They're supposed to be "on honeymoon" at home, but David is already back at the motel working. Barbara is not impressed. Nice to see Chris Hunter back with his tight blue jeans and denim shirt open to nearly the navel. That boy is trouble. Long may he reign :-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Episode 3359, September 1980

Right, having caught up on all the storylines, I treated myself to this episode tonight! So - Alison Cotterill is preggers by Chris Hunter (he's in Algiers at the mo) but she wants to marry Benny. Reg is horrified - his beard actually bristled!

Someone is sabotaging the motel kitchen - grease on the floor, freezer turned off, flour everywhere. But fear not, Kath Brownlow has caught the miscreant red-handed. It's Shughie!!!! Time for me to read on (not long till the next ep though!)

Late 1984 and we've treached the end of an era- we've just had the last episode with multi-directional credits. Sob!

We're not quite at the title sequence era yet, but we're not very far off now...

Yikes! I'm still clinging on to the pre-purple era for all I'm worth. :-)

I reached the end of an era yesterday, as the original theme crashed in for the last time. Now we've got new 80s titles, with vertical blind effects and a an Austin Maestro travelling to the motel every day, accompanied by a piano version of the theme. it's just not quite right, even if this is my era!

Ah that classic theme tune. Sorry it's no more for you Si :-( I'm still reading about the episodes from Summer 1981. They've just celebrated the Royal Wedding. Heading towards THAT fire now....

Tt Dave, spoilers!!

Sorry Andrew! David Hunter is going through a personality transplant at the moment - arguing with Meg and being rude to Barbara. He even flounced off to Switzerland to see Rosemary (yes the ex who shot him!!) In other news, the motel basement has been converted into a recording studio AND a photographic studio. Miss Diane is posing for the pictures. I'm not making it up, honest!!

Dave, I may be able to help out before the fire. I'll be back with some links soon!

The only things I know about Crossroads is the Theme to which I grew up (the classic 70's version) & that it had Meg the one time owner in it, Also Benny who said "Miss Diane" a lot & Adam Chance was played by Tony Adams. (I only know that last bit because I once chaperoned him at Memorabilia).

But I'm glad to see it still being enjoyed, my Mum would have been pleased to know as she was an avid viewer back in the day.

And here Dave, you'll find some edited videos that lead up to the fire episodes covering Sept-Nov 81: http://www.dailymotion.com/crossroadsmotel

Thanks Si - I didn't know these existed. You are indeed my Crossroads Pimp :-) x

Always happy to help!

I assume you've heard that Kathy Staff record called "Benny"? It's classy stuff!

Phillip Bowman has taken over as the producer after years and years of Jack barton and suddenly there's been a real upswing in quality. There's location filming which is such a treat. Somehow, after years of mostly studio bound stuff, it makes it all feel more real- you get a feeling of where everything is that you just don't get with studio sets. Just seeing david Hunter out on location is a joy- he feels like a real person with a life suddenly!

I know the Hunters' days are numbered now- Gabrielle Drake will be coming into the show soon and there's mention of Major International Hotels who'll be taking over the motel already, but I think it's a real shame that David and Barbara will be leaving just as the show enters a new era. Maybe they had to be cleared out so that the changes can be brought to the show, but it's sad.

I'm still clinging on to Meg for all I'm worth! I've got my bucket of water handy - if there's any hint of smoke I'll be on the case! So I take it that Jill & Adam were the only "old regulars" who were in it until the end? I guess the sightings of the lesser-spotted Miss Tatum have come to an end?

Amy Turtle comes back at the end, would you believe!

Quoite roite too! (With apologies to all Brum folk!)

As I'm coming to the end of the ATV years, I thought I'd post this. Goodnight ATV .... Good Morning Central

What really made me giggle was the thought that it could be Shaw Taylor playing that organ....