Results 1,076 to 1,100 of 1130

It's hysterical watching Mavis Hooper billing and cooing around Cecil Beecher-Blount. Her brummie accent getting stronger all the while What's not so funny is watching Barbara go to pieces as she realises David is being unfaithful. I've really gone orf that Hunter bloke!!

Oh dear - David's in trouble - Sarah's up the duff. And poor Mavis - The Galloping Major (as Miss Diane calls him) has done a runner. AND - Doris Luke's leg is causing her pain. It's exciting times in Britain's fave motel at the moment! And they called The Purple Era dull and drab .....

Poor Doris has varicose veins, and she's lost her Hoover - the poor dab really is having a bad day! Lots of references to "never seen" catering staff this morning - Dulcie, Marcie and Dopey Dora. Hope we get to see them at some point! Shughie still gets a mention, even though we haven't actually seen him for a fair few years now!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Miranda Pollard is back (again). What a pity it's not Valerie!

The Wilcox clan are taking over Crossroads ..... well Doctor Wilcox and his wayward son Laurence. They've even built a huge living room set for them!

Great stand off this morning - Adam finally grew a pair and said a firm NO to J Henry about taking on Iris in the cafeteria!

Great quote from Miss Diane today - she reckons Mr Paul excels in "continental disdain". She's not wrong! He also tugs his waistcoat with aplomb!

Doris Luke's sister Edna has turned up. She seems to be a pill-popping hypochondriac who calls her sister "Doll" all the time. Could be interesting!

Blimey the staff are wearing name badges now. Meg would be appalled!!

Yay Benny's back!

Doris' sister really is a nasty piece of work - very manipulative and selfish and feigning illness when it suits her. Oh Lordy she's now bought an old farmhouse - does that mean we're stuck with her?

Miss Diane has had another meltdown and is leaving ......again. But is this the last time? I'll miss her brown sofa!

Oh no! The sliding credits have slid off! Hope they come back again soon!

It's the beginning of the changes to come...

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

And now we've got a split screen telephone conversation! Times are well and truly a-changing!

Christmas (1984) is fast approaching - there's a mahoosive tree up in Reception! Glenda isn't feeling very festive. Kevin left the baby with his mate and went down to the pub. He's a brave man!

Poor Kath Brownlow! It looks like Glenda, lovely Kevin and baby Katie could be emigrating to Canada. They'll have to clean all that chocolate away from Katy's gob if they want a decent goodbye photo!

The credits have rolled round to 1985 ..... I suspect there are major changes on the way....

I think the major changes actually benefitted the show. There's some really good stuff ahead!

Nice to see the legend that is Bernard Kay making an appearance. He's playing the new garage manager who has some history with Sid Hooper.

He's ever so good. He has a major story to come...

Eek there's heroin addiction in Crossroads. Things really are changing - I reckon there's only a few more episodes left till the regeneration

Yes, not long now. It's a really good storyline, very well handled.

Aw they played the Wings theme this morning ..... probably for the last time *sniff*

Quote Originally Posted by SiHart View Post
    Phillip Bowman has taken over as the producer after years and years of Jack barton and suddenly there's been a real upswing in quality. There's location filming which is such a treat. Somehow, after years of mostly studio bound stuff, it makes it all feel more real- you get a feeling of where everything is that you just don't get with studio sets. Just seeing david Hunter out on location is a joy- he feels like a real person with a life suddenly!

I know the Hunters' days are numbered now- Gabrielle Drake will be coming into the show soon and there's mention of Major International Hotels who'll be taking over the motel already, but I think it's a real shame that David and Barbara will be leaving just as the show enters a new era. Maybe they had to be cleared out so that the changes can be brought to the show, but it's sad.
    Not to mention the fact that the motel bar has been refurbished in just a day! Even Mavis Hooper is saying that her house could do with a refurb. Yep it's definitely all change

Heavy stuff today as Pete McGuire was found dead due to a heroin overdose. Lovely scenes with Bernard Kay - what a terrific actor he was.

I thought that storyline was really sensitively handled. Really good and very dramatic.