Page 7 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

The other two Crossroads fans on PS might want to watch this:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=p4XJeQaDrKA

Pts 2 and 3 are also available.

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

I took a cursory glance, via the link, yesterday. When was that made? Jane Rossington still looks pretty good.
    I shall "re-visit" that when I've more time to concentrate on it.

I think it was 1997. It's made up of interviews done, but never used for when UK GOld started showing Crossroads.

Si xx

Disappointingly it seems that Network are calling a halt to Crossroads on DVD. They're not exactly the top sellers in the Network range and the run of episodes for at least the next eight years will have daunted even the staunchest of fans, and with DVDs coming at the rate of two a month at some points before Christmas it was getting a bit much even for me, although I do have all the volumes they brought out I was finding it hard going to afford them, but I was, and still am, enjoying the run of episodes that were released.
    Network are saying that they may resume in October, but I can't see it happening.

Unsurprising really given the release rate last year,although at least we should be seeing Vol 20 at some point...

Perhaps the best way forward is a best of Vol 5 rounding up the key storylines from the 80s

Hopefully vol 20 is on the way wrapping up the Benny storyline as 16 episodes have been cleared at the BBFC

Oh! Good, I was beginning to despair as I've just started vol. 19 and I can see the way it's going, and was hoping I wouldn't be left hanging by the cliffhanger on the final episode.

I've restarted from the beginning just finishing vol 1 with 5 episodes a week,and am getting more out of rewatchin them instead of just noticing the cock ups

Vol. 20 is up for pre-order.

Stephanie de Sykes singing "We'll Find Our Day" (straight to camera) at Meg's wedding is already my Archive TV Highlight Of 2009. Larry Grayson's appearance cements its position!

These episodes of Crossroads are pissing all over the 1974-75 Coronation Street efforts I'm currently watching.

Being reported by Network for release in November is the mammoth 41 disc set of Crossroads 1965-1979

John Bentley, long time star of Crossroads- he was Meg's husband Hugh, has died. More information here: http://www.atvnetworklimited.co.uk/

Si xx

A quick glance at the Network website reveals the boxset artwork for the complete archive releases thus far...

It's camptastic a motel shaped shaped box,and probably sturdier then the real motel

It's an awesome box for certain!

Si xx

Quote Originally Posted by stuartdg View Post
    A quick glance at the Network website reveals the boxset artwork for the complete archive releases thus far...

It's camptastic a motel shaped shaped box,and probably sturdier then the real motel
    Sturdy it might be, but what a bloody rip off, and a kick in the teeth for those of us who bought and paid £15 + for each and every single volume that Network released. Then this comes out at a third of the price of all of them put together. It's just a way of shifting all those unsold units of the original releases when it might have been better to bring out something like this in the first place.

Susan Hanson is apparantly on the Alan Titchmarsh show on November 6th which is i think 45years to the day Crossroads went out

It's well worth tracking down the 4 novels by Malcolm Hulke on Amazon marketplace,they flesh out the characters and give a glimpse into some of those now missing early storylines

I'm reading Nolly's autobiography at the moment, after Steve bought me a copy for my birthday.
    It's glorious! She's willing to give her opinion on everything, espcially where she find herself agreeing with Meg. Women shouldn't have children without there being a man around. Women need men!

Si xx

Well, this morning Meg has been persuaded by David Hunter that it's time to return to the motel... and just in time too because Daisy has just handed in her notice, as she's off to London and then to Australia on a theatre tour with her lodger, Mr King, who just happens to be an actor and other complicated stuff!

But even more thrillingly, Diane is in trouble! She's attracted the glance of an artists materials salesman, who it turns out is quite, quite mad! He's got her cornered in her flat... will she get away?

David Hunter popped up on my telly last night ... in The Dominators of course! :-/

He was a bit shoutier in The Dominators than his relaxed David Hunter performance!

If you think the artist is mad wait til you get to Mrs Bailey from about Episode 3002(disc 21 onwards!)

Its around this period that the motel is at its peak,theres future big storylines for Tish,Jill and Benny at the farm,not to mention the ongoing Mrs Bailey saga

And I've said it before and will again the McCartney & Wings theme is a thing of majesty!

The scenes with Diane and Mr Howes were pretty well done - nice sense of tension in them and very well acted by Sue Hanson, who just goes up in my opinion the more I watch. She makes Diane fragile and likeable and down to earth all at once. Very impressive.

Elsewhere Meg is interviewing for a new chef. I don't think her friendly chat in the living room technique of interviewing would pass muster these days!

Do we get to see much of Vera in her houseboat on these DVDs? It's funny the snippets you remember from your childhood - but this is one of them!

Oh yes! I've passed those episodes now, but there were plenty of episodes with Vera's houseboat. I liked Vera and it makes me smile when she gets the occasional mention.