Page 1 of 46 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Crossroads Motel,Can I Help You?

FIFTY MISSING EPISODES FOUND

ITV have had fifty previously wiped episodes returned to the UK archive for Crossroads. ATV between 1955 and 1981 often would recyle their video tapes, and in doing so many classic programmes were wiped. Crossroads is one of the worst hit programmes simply due to the amount of episodes ATV made of the serial per year.
    The fifty returned episodes were discovered in the archive of an American broadcaster, where Crossroads was screened under the ITC brand. The returned editions are from between 1978 and 1981.

This news may not be of much excitement to many people on PS, but it does go to show that even after all these years episodes of some shows that were presumed missing can be turned up in the most unlikely places. I'm pleased!

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Pip Madeley Guest

Shame it wasn't 50 missing Doctor Who episodes.

Cause if it was, I think I'd be running up and down the walls...

Captain Tancredi Guest

Quote Originally Posted by SiHart View Post
    This news may not be of much excitement to many people on PS, but it does go to show that even after all these years episodes of some shows that were presumed missing can be turned up in the most unlikely places. I'm pleased!

Si xx
    God alone knows what the Americans made of Amy Turtle...

Can you imagine if it were 50 missing Doctor Who episodes? We just can't comprehend how that would feel!

This is great news though, although it's scandalous that they are without episodes from as late as 1981!

Si.

it's incidents like this that give hope to all us Doctor Who fans that more episodes might just turn up!

it must be very exciting for those who are massive Crossroads fans! (SiHart, for one!)

Ant x

Watchers in the Fourth Dimension: A Doctor Who Podcast
    Three Americans and a Brit attempt to watch their way through the entirety of Doctor Who
    ----
    Latest Episode: The WOTAN Clan, discussing The War Machines
    Available on iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, and Podbean
    Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter at @watchers4d

I hope that the Crossroads Restoration Team will be polishing them up for a DVD release as soon as possible (rumours continue to circulate about a special multi-disc release of these orphaned episodes, provisionally entitled "Lost in Dudley").

I wonder where they turned up?

I know it's a bit but I was just imagining if the following 50 episodes of Who could be discovered :

Marco Polo (7 eps)
    Mission/DMP (10)
    Power of the Daleks (6)
    Macra Terror (4)
    Faceless Ones (4)
    Evil of the Daleks (6)
    Web of Fear (5)
    Fury from the Deep (6)
    Moonbase or The Invasion (2)

Default ITV have had fifty previously wiped episodes returned to the UK archive for Crossroad

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
    One Day, I shall come back, Yes, I shall come back,
    Until them, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties, Just go forward in all your beliefs,
    and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine!

Interesting that the missing episodes are between 1978 and 1981 - when (if at all) did they stop junking Crossroads? It would be like us searching the globe for the Key to Time season and the like.

Apparently 90% of the episodes broadcast prior ot 1981 are missing, which is terrible really. There's a complete run from the fire onwards- although there are rumours that the new year 1981 episode has been lost recently, though it was shown on UK Gold the other year. It just seems wrong to think that even at that time they were wiping episodes, although I think this may be due to the ATV to Central switchover...

Still it's nice to know that at some of the holes have been plugged.

Si xx

Interesting that the missing episodes are between 1978 and 1981 - when (if at all) did they stop junking Crossroads? It would be like us searching the globe for the Key to Time season and the like.
    Apparently they are still junking episodes today. The Crossroads Destruction Team only last week caught up with their backlog, realised it wasn't being made any more, and sent a memo to Head of Serials reading "can't you make some more Crossroads? We have nothing left to sling on the fire and it's getting a bit parky down here".

Si.

Does Crossroads fandom have its own version of Ian Levine I wonder?

Great News !

Once they've thrown the tapes away there should be 50 old style tape boxes ready to store those DW eipsodes in when they turn up

(revenge for a childhood filled with the nightmares of Shugie McFee, Benny and Miss Diane )
    Bazinga !

Dear god I know that American tv can be bad but what ever poccessed them to want to buy even 1 episode of Cossroads let aloan 50..

Quote Originally Posted by SiHart View Post

Si xx
    God, I wish they were Doctor Who! At lest it gives a small ray of hope that old TV shows can turn up out of nowhere.

-Andy
    Foolish humans

Apparently these episodes wern't missing at all, according to someone on the RT, they were stored at Central all the time!

Si.

Quote Originally Posted by Si Hunt View Post
    Apparently these episodes wern't missing at all, according to someone on the RT, they were stored at Central all the time!

Si.

perhaps they were too embarrassed to admitt they still had them..

More importantly are we ever gonna see Crossroads vol 3 on dvd-its been delayed twice

I know. Annoying isn't it Stu? It does eem, to have ben delayed for a very long time now. It seems odd, particuarly as the other two have sold pretty well and they seemd to get them out pretty quickly.

Si xx

Wikipedia's entry for Crossroads reckons they're due early 2007!

Si.

a Crossroads DVD release..

Apparantly this release is still on in 20days time

and will be a 3disc edition as Network have supposedly unearthed something special which has been the cause of the delays

Oh my! Well thank goodness I have this pre-ordered then!

Any news on what the episodes might be Stu?

Si xx

I believe its 70s/80s episodes-the release is rumored to be a limited edition as well-although its been speculated there may well be vols 4 and 5 as well if it sells enough copies

That's good. We need more 80s episodes released!

Si xx