Default Has anybody noticed?

Has anynody noticed the large amount of glaring errors on the DVD's of Time-flight and Arc of Infinity?

Time-flight:

• Descriptive text on the back cover: "Tegan and" is in bold, but the rest is not.
    • Description of special features on back cover are all bold, except for commentary.
    • Inside booklet, reference to Logopolis has no date.
    • Inside booklet, the word "Adric" is emboldened for no reason at all.
    • Frankly, the front cover design is rubbish.
    • The Peter Davison years are described as "1981-84", when in fact it should be "1982-84".

Arc of infinity:

• The Peter Davison years are described as "1981-84", when in fact it should be "1982-84".
    • Inside booklet, "Tristan Farnon" should not be in bold.
    • References to The Keeper of Traken, Logopolis and Trial of a Time Lord have no dates.
    • The "BBCDVD" serial numbers for both DVD's should be "BBCDVD 2327 (A)" and "BBCDVD 2327 (B)", but they are in fact "BBCDVD 2327A" and "BBCDVD 2327B".

Really not good enough, is it?

Having written a few reports in my time at work, these kinds of errors are incredibly tricky to pick up.

From the sound of it, you haven't even watched the DVDs yet! If you're that horrified by the covers, I'd suggest leaving the actual stories where they are.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Peter Davison was actually the Doctor in 1981, if you count him taking over from the end of Logopolis.

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Quote Originally Posted by shada pavlova View Post

Nope, you should take them both back to where you bought them for a full refund.
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

Wayne Guest

Quote Originally Posted by shada pavlova View Post

i have actually watched the episodes. so there.

You want 'not good enough'?

At the end of Arc of Infinity, Tegan announces that she is rejoining the TARDIS crew. On hearing this wonderful news, the Doctor cracks an enormous grin - which lasts all of two seconds before collapsing into a very sour and grim face.

It's the same combination of expressions you'd pull if someone said 'Congratulations! You've won a warthog!'

That's not good enough!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Has anynody noticed the large amount of glaring errors on the DVD's of Time-flight and Arc of Infinity?
    This one has - he's pissed off.

"Bloody 2 Entertain bastards"
    Dennis, Francois, Melba and Smasher are competing to see who can wine and dine Lola Whitecastle and win the contract to write her memoirs. Can Dennis learn how to be charming? Can Francois concentrate on anything else when food is on the table? Will Smasher keep his temper under control?

If only the 28th century didn't keep popping up to get in Dennis's way...

#dammitbrent

The eleventh annual Brenty Four serial is another Planet Skaro exclusive. A new episode each day until Christmas in the Brenty Four-um.

Quote Originally Posted by SiHart View Post
    Peter Davison was actually the Doctor in 1981, if you count him taking over from the end of Logopolis.

Si xx
    And most of season 19 was made in 1981, and originally due for an autumn '81 screening. Davison, however, was still credited on screen as The Doctor from 1981 to 1984, so the '1982-84' tag is actually wrong if we are going of fon screeen credits (which I think is and should be the case, usually). I know "Castrovalva" was a 1982 airing and his first full story, but it wasn't his first appearance.
    On the other hand Jon Pertwee filmed much of season 7 in 1969 but wasn't credited as such until 1970, so we can't really say 1969-74 for him....

Pip Madeley Guest

In all seriousness, there's probably loads of errors because they gave the cover commission to a first-timer (hence the crap covers).

They could do what they want with the covers for all I care, but it would be nice if the "Restoration Team" didn't feel the need to piss around with everything. Especially things that don't actually need restoring at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Pip Madeley View Post
    In all seriousness, there's probably loads of errors because they gave the cover commission to a first-timer (hence the crap covers).
    That's what I was talking about in the first place!