Thread: Of Course!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Of Course!

I JUST REALISED SOMETHING!

Since Steven Moffat is taking over as of series five...

and he wrote Silence in the Library/The Forest of the Dead...

which features Professor River Song, a character from the Doctor's future...

I bet...

SHE'LL BE THE COMPANION IN 2010!

I'll happily take that bet

What's the wager?

Just in case I won't to take you up on it?

Quote Originally Posted by shada pavlova View Post

Since Steven Moffat is taking over as of series five...

and he wrote Silence in the Library/The Forest of the Dead...

which features Professor River Song, a character from the Doctor's future...

I bet...

SHE'LL BE THE COMPANION IN 2010!

wishfull thinking - she's a big name over in the USA so it's very unlikely she'd tie herself to a 9 month stint over here.

Besides, she's not getting any younger. And she would actually have to get younger in order to meet the Doctor again!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Quote Originally Posted by Rob McCow View Post
    Besides, she's not getting any younger. And she would actually have to get younger in order to meet the Doctor again!

they can do wonders these days with make up..

Yes, she'll be joining the Tardis crew of Sally Sparrow, Madame Pompadeur, Nancy, and the companion from 'Curse Of The Fatal Death', as played by Julia Sawahlia.
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

I don't think so... But I have been wrong before of course (did I tell you the Admiral Piett anecdote already?)

Pip Madeley Guest

Alex Kingston enjoyed working on Who but would she do it for 13 episodes?

Let's hope not. It would be a hell of a weird series seeing as she heavily implied she met the Doctor on many seperate occasions, all out of order. If they were going to do all that in one series (and realistically they'd have to before she ages too much for it to be believable) we'd all go mad.

She's not that big a name in the US these days, not since she left ER, and she hasn't actually done that much work lately that has been of particuarly great quality.

This is her Post ER credit's list from IMDB:

"Lost in Austen" (2008) TV mini-series (post-production) .... Mrs. Bennet
    Sordid Things (2008) (completed) .... Eve Manchester
    "Doctor Who" .... Professor River Song (2 episodes, 2008)
    Crashing (2007) .... Diane
    Alpha Dog (2006) .... Tiffany Hartunian
    "Without a Trace" .... Lucy Costin (1 episode, 2005)
    Sweet Land (2005) .... Brownie
    The Poseidon Adventure (2005) (TV) .... Suzanne Harrison

So I think she probably would be up for it - but personally as much as I really liked her character, I'd rather see her turning up every once in a while rather than being a regular companion, I think it'd be more interesting that way.
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

I think the best (and in my opinion the most interesting) story for her to return in would be her first meeting with the Doctor. With all of us & the Doctor knowing what her final fate is.

Maybe I'm alone in this but I have to admit I didn't find her a particularly interesting or appealing character. The situation of her and the Doctor WAS quite interesting, but then we saw the resolution of that story anyway. If she comes back and we get to see her initial meeting, or any other meeting, with the Doctor then where is the drama going to come from for the viewer? We'll just be left watching the Doctor have a date with a not particularly interesting woman who we know isn't going to die just yet. There's really nowhere to go with her story now so leave her as a one off character I say.

I agree - we know the end of the story and the 'twist' (if that's the right word) in their relationship. A bit like the Time War - we know all we need to know, I don't really want to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by shada pavlova View Post

Since Steven Moffat is taking over as of series five....<snip>.....SHE'LL BE THE COMPANION IN 2010!
    Actually, having just started watching Steven Moffat's "Jekyll", I couldn't help thinking a good bet for companion in S5 would be Michelle Ryan. Well known at the BBC, a big role in this Moffatt show, and after the Bionic Woman, has a bit of a name in America......

But I think it'll come down to what sort of companion/character Moffatt chooses to go with.
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

I thought that River Song might be a companion in the specials next year, perhaps. This is just idle speculation, of course!

It's OBVIOUS that Moffatt wrote Silence In the Library/Forest of the Dead as a build-up to something he'll do when he's in charge.

Well, it's obvious to me.

Pip Madeley Guest

I doubt it Shada, he didn't get the job offer until after he'd written the story.

To be fair, do we know that Pip? He's been rumoured as the successor to RTD for a long time.

According to what he said in the Radio Times last week, he's known for at least a year.

Si.

Quote Originally Posted by Si Hunt View Post
    According , he's known for at least a year.

Si.

and how the Moff, must of found it hard to keep his mouth shut for all that time while bursting to brag to the world he's got RTD's job

I'm sure keeping big secrets is a trait he'll need in his new job!

Si.

you know, I think this year's finale has been the best-kept-secret since back in aught-five.

Apart from the whole "Kylie Dies" thing. That came at me completely out of the blue.

I've just had another theory. What if Jenny (The Doctor's daughter! Where have you been?) crash-lands on future Earth and is adopted by Professor River Song, who then goes on to make guest appearances in five or six episodes, whilst Jenny is the main companion.

And the Rani could be their aunt!

Si.