Default "Biggest Boxset Ever" - What Can It Mean?

At the end of the preview of "The Brain Of Morbius" in the new DWM, Brendan Sheppard notes:

"...[After "Morbius"] I was tasked with producing and directing one of the biggest DVD box sets 2-entertain has ever released - a very special edition which has taken nearly 10 months to complete!"

The article further states that it's not "Trial", so what can it be?

Some of us have noticed vague early retail listings of what looks like a hideous repackaging job on ALL the DVD's so far - a 32 DVD box set or something, but surely if this emerges it wouldn't require 10 months of work... unless every DVD has new features, which would be possibly the worst kick in the teeth possible for those of us that have collected them all to date. They wouldn't do that to us... would they?

So what on Earth is it? Any theories?

Si.

Pip Madeley Guest

According to Steve Roberts:

It's not one of the biggest boxsets that 2e have ever produced, it's not even one of the biggest *Doctor Who* boxsets they've ever produced. Dunno what he's going on about. Or why it's taken him 10 months!

Steve

Captain Tancredi Guest

Perhaps Brendan Sheppard just works really slowly- either that or he's paid by the hour.

Going by his postings on the RT forum, Brendan Sheppard has a touch of the Ian Levines about him.

Maybe there was a rule that everything discussed in the new DWM has to be hyped beyond all sense!

Si.

I like Brendan! He was very nice when he e-mailed me and told me I couldn't appear in one of their featurettes because I lived on the wrong side of the M25. I was all set to pop up wearing a custom made T-Shirt with the Planet Skaro URL on it.

Si.

Pip Madeley Guest

From what I've seen of him on the RT forum, I've come to the conclusion that he's a tool.

Why? What's he done to deny himself the Pippy-love?

Si.

Pip Madeley Guest

He's just been rather rude with people in the past, particularly if anyone dislikes his CGI.

Also, in this month's DWM he called himself a "TV drama director". He doesn't mention most of his CV is kid's telly. Mostly crap kid's telly. IMDB speaks the truth.

Captain Tancredi Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Si Hunt View Post
    I like Brendan! He was very nice when he e-mailed me and told me I couldn't appear in one of their featurettes because I lived on the wrong side of the M25.
    That's the right side of the M25, surely?

At
    Some of us have noticed vague early retail listings of what looks like a hideous repackaging job on ALL the DVD's so far - a 32 DVD box set or something,
    Si.

I do remember seeing some thing but Wasn't that some thing that was being done for sale in the USA only..

They wouldn't do that to us... would they?

sadly I think they would when you look at some of the so called "special" box sets that have been released like the 3rd Doctor, Davros, and Sontaran sets it's pretty obvious 2/entertain would do any thing to get more money out of the public.

The likely candidates are the Black Guardian or E-Space trilogies.

Or maybe Frontier In Space / Planet of The Daleks.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

"Frontier"/"Planet" would make me moist. MOIST!*

Si.

* assuming of course that "Planet" was in full colour. Anything less and I'd set fire to Dan Hall!

Pip Madeley Guest

Anything less and I'd set fire to Dan Hall!
    Is he Grade 2 listed?

This "Biggest box set ever" comment; if it was the fact that they had animated 2 or 3 stories with missing episodes for a box set then I'd forgive him the over exaggeration. But if it's just something he's over egging that is nothing of the sort then he is a 'tool', as Pip says.

It's 'The War Games' - it's being released in a lifesize Wendy Padbury-shaped box, that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Tudor View Post
    It's 'The War Games' - it's being released in a lifesize Wendy Padbury-shaped box, that's all.
    If they do the same for Attack of the Cybermen in a Nicola Bryant box then I'm first in the queue!!

Pip Madeley Guest

Tim's obsessed with Nicola's box.

Obviously they're going to release Underworld in a box that is a full INCH BIGGER ALL ROUND.

One for the fans!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

"Frontier"/"Planet" would make me moist. MOIST!*

Si.

* assuming of course that "Planet" was in full colour. Anything less and I'd set fire to Dan Hall!

and add Day and Death to that and that would make a very nice box set indeed.

How about the PERTWEE box set? All the adventures, all the fun, all the moralising in one glorious bit of flimsy cardboard! Putting all your eggs in one basket, so to speak...

Quote Originally Posted by Rob McCow View Post
    How about the PERTWEE box set? All the adventures, all the fun, all the moralising in one glorious bit of flimsy cardboard! Putting all your eggs in one basket, so to speak...
    In a way that would be the boxiest boxset of them all
    Bazinga !

I have to say, that Brendan does come across as a bit of an arrogant so & so on the RT forum - one of his first posts was in reply to the mistake on The Time Warrior end credits, which was not only even acknowledging an error, but was almost ridiculing people for even daring to mention it!

Plus, as already noted, he's very defensive of his CGI - it's rather fun when other members of the RT make sly digs about it.

Maybe the biggest boxset is The War Games, and he just means the biggest story ever (and even that would be incorrect).

Some of us have noticed vague early retail listings of what looks like a hideous repackaging job on ALL the DVD's so far - a 32 DVD box set or something
    In the end it seems this huge box set was a let down - I remember someone recently purchasing it, and just got every story released up until 2005 (so everything up to City o'Death)...
    Your people? Your people??? They are MY people now!