View Poll Results: What did you think of The Stolen Earth!

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10/10 - DA-LEKS CON-QUER AND DES-TROY!

21 50.00%
  • 9/10 - WE ARE THE SU-PER-IOR BEINGS!

12 28.57%
  • 8/10 - O-BEY THE DA-LEKS! YOU ARE IN OUR POWER!

4 9.52%
  • 7/10 - DO NOT DIS-PUTE WITH THE DA-LEKS! O-BEY WITH-OUT QUES-TION!

3 7.14%
  • 6/10 - PRI-MI-TIVE WEA-PONS MO-DER-ATE-LY EFFI-CIENT!

1 2.38%
  • 5/10 - THERE IS IN-SU-FFIC-IENT DE-TAIL!

0 0%
  • 4/10 - Doctor, now you begin to fear!

0 0%
  • 3/10 - FE-MALE PRIS-O-NER ES-CAPED! I HAVE FAILED!

0 0%
  • 2/10 - THE TIME TRA-VEL-LER HAS DE-CIEVED US!

1 2.38%
  • 1/10 - Such a foolish waste of energy!

0 0%
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Curnow View Post
    In fact, did the Doctor even explain (to Donna, for the benefit of the audience) who the heck Davros was?
    Davros did himself when he stated he is 'the emperor and creator of the Daleks'.

So much good stuff to say about this episode, but I'll wait until I've viewed it again.
    I am out there... somewhere.

for some reason as Rose and the Doctor, were running towards each other just when they were going to embrace I was half expecting Jack to sudenly appear between them. but that would of been silly.

It was a load of spurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Gently View Post
    OK, who voted 9/10?

me. i did, 'cos i docked them a point for being such dot dot dots
    as in to be continued dot dot dot. did anyone not swear at the tv when they heard the closing titles ? and not even a teaser for next week!!!...

Quote Originally Posted by shada pavlova View Post
    Of course, the Doctor's just going to look like he's regenerating, but when the flames have died away, he'll still be David Tennant.

That's what'll happen next week.

And how come there was no trailer for Journey's end?
    that'll be 'cos he's doing three special eps next year then?

also , anything going to come of the hidden earth being 1/2 second ( or whatever it was) out of phase with the normal universe? would that allow a dt-dt regeneration?, or will he throw his hand in, letting two doctors co-exist , only for one of them to get 86ed?

Well that was rather good, wasn't it?

A few thoughts:

• I thought the inclusion of Torchwood, Sarah-Jane, et al was a bit fan-w@nky, but rather well done.
    • Someone mentioned that you didn't see Harriet Jones (former Prime Minister, don't you know...) being exterminated - I thought the screen going blank was far more powerful than actually seeing her die.
    • I noticed the nod to Dudley's Genesis music too!
    • Julian Beach was amazing as Davros - completely underplayed and menacing!

But for me the highlight of the episode was the very quick scene where Sarah-Jane said to Luke "You're so young!" when she assumed everyone was going to be exterminated - it was full of emotion and polayed to perfection by Lis in fact I thought she was excellent throughout the episode.

Can't wait for next week!

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    Like everyone else, I just hope we don't see another huge reset button scenario, but surely RTD wouldn't do that a second time, would he?

well I can't help thinking that key thing might be some big reset button -

but what I don't understand is when the Earth was taken why did the TARDIS not go with instead of being left behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Antony Cox View Post

Someone mentioned that you didn't see Harriet Jones (former Prime Minister, don't you know...) being exterminated - I thought the screen going blank was far more powerful than actually seeing her die.
    • I
    not quite sure that's what they ment that we did not see her die more that we did not actually see her die....if you see what I mean.

I'm not sure that I do, Larry!

But for me the highlight of the episode was the very quick scene where Sarah-Jane said to Luke "You're so young!" when she assumed everyone was going to be exterminated - it was full of emotion and polayed to perfection by Lis in fact I thought she was excellent throughout the episode.
    I agree. I've been down on Ms Salden for years, but she's really redeemed gherself these last few years for me. She's been brilliant. Last night once again saw her at her best.

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Quote Originally Posted by SiHart View Post
    I've been down on Ms Salden for years

Sorry - I couldn't resist....

Just think of the prestige!

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Some people seem to be expecting a 'reset button' although to be fair that's only really happened in last year's season finale.

I don't think it'll happen this year because not too many humans have been killed, plus the only 'reset' that's needed is returning Earth to it's proper place. And if anyone's going to be killed off properly, which they've more or less promised, the reset switch has to be out of sight.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Just another nod to Liz Sladen - she was excellent in that scene in the flat. Her facial reaction to just hearing that chant of EXTERMINATE, EXTERMINATE, EXTERMINATE was just superb, really conveying that horror of hearing something you hoped you'd never hear again. Just brilliant.

(John Barrowman was very good too, I hasten to add.)

Quote Originally Posted by Rob McCow View Post
    Some people seem to be expecting a 'reset button' although to be fair that's only really happened in last year's season finale.

well you would like to hope RTD, wouldn't use the same "reset" thing twice.

Did I imagine it or was there reference to something called "Melisa Majora"?

The mind boggles.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Thompson View Post
    Why exactly do the Daleks shout 'Exterminate' over and over again as they arrive, especially since they plan to harvest the humans and don't actually want to exterminate them all? That just seems like a case of them doing something because that's what they do according to the viewers, rather than for any good reason in plot terms. They could have made an announcement more like the one at the start of the Dalek Empire audios and everyone would still have recognised the voices.
    Have to disagree with you there Jason, after all straight after that scene they blew the hell out of New York and London (and presumably many other major cities), and took out all the major military bases. Which is a fair old bit of exterminating in my book.

Plus if you want to terrify a world, it seems a really good way to do it as well.
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

it was full of emotion and polayed to perfection by Lis in fact I thought she was excellent throughout the episode.
    It's a shame she spoke the line as if she had a mouth full of marbles! Still at least it was trailed, so we got to spend the week working out what she said!

Seriously though, she was great and I particuarly liked her look of sheer terror when she realised it was the Daleks!

Si.

Pip Madeley Guest

I think she let us down a tiny bit with her reaction to the Daleks in front of her car - "I'm sorry!" - she should've revved up her engine and drove through them like Babs did!

I was thinking exactly the same Pip! (having watched that very episode of DIOE earlier in the day)

Si.

Pip Madeley Guest

Mmm, it did make me nostalgic though, you could almost hear Graeme saying "Keep it going, Lis!" as she cowered with her hands in front of her face

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Curnow View Post
    Just another nod to Liz Sladen - she was excellent in that scene in the flat.
    Andrew showing that he never watched the SJS Adventures there.
    It was Sarah Jane's attic room of her house, where she keeps Mr Smith the computer & K9 in a cupboard with his bum in a black hole...that's no life for a dog, even if he is mechanical.

Pip Madeley Guest

Milky - why did you give the episode 2 out of 10? Is it just to be "funny" or did you genuinely hate it?

Just one comment (okay two):

Why was Richard Dawkins employed as "generic boffin" when anyone who knows anything knows that he's a biologist who is always banging on about evolution, not an astronomer. Particularly when you have Patrick Moore on staff and he's clearly the most appropriate person in the Universe for that role.

In fact forget the second one because people will just say "buy the DVD" and I don't think I can stomach it

And why does it suddenly say Paul Monk all over the place?