View Poll Results: Is this the end of the Tenth Doctor?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES the Tennant Era is over

5 15.15%
  • NO Tennant stays in the TARDIS

28 84.85%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Is this the end for the Tenth Doctor?

Is this the end for the Tenth Doctor? Has he uttered his last words? Is the David Tennant era over?

Or

Is it just a RTD ruse? Will his hand save him? Was a partial Dalek blast to his shoulder really enough to make him regenerate?

Yes or No?

We'll see how right PS can be next week!

(and Andy Frankham- no insider info please!! )

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Pip Madeley Guest

Nope, definitely not the end - I think the hand bubbling away there will save him somehow.

It's a 50/50 guess...I've gone for yes just to even it up but I've really no idea.

I've gone for No, I just can't imagine that it wouldn't have been leaked. But as much as I like Tennant, part of me hopes I'm wrong about this.
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

I've gone for a 'No' - I just think it would be impossible to keep it from the spoil-sport tabloids.
    I'm not a huge Tennant fan, but I have to say that I don't reallt want him to go just yet.

I don't think so, but I'm voting yes because I would just so love them to have pulled it off and kept it a secret!!!

I could believe them keeping a regeneration like Eccleston/Tennant a secret because it was a two minute scene at the end of a season. But they've already filmed one 65 minute episode and the next Xmas special which makes the equivalent of an entire feature film that would've been shot on a closed set. They're good but no one is that good.
    Dennis, Francois, Melba and Smasher are competing to see who can wine and dine Lola Whitecastle and win the contract to write her memoirs. Can Dennis learn how to be charming? Can Francois concentrate on anything else when food is on the table? Will Smasher keep his temper under control?

If only the 28th century didn't keep popping up to get in Dennis's way...

#dammitbrent

The eleventh annual Brenty Four serial is another Planet Skaro exclusive. A new episode each day until Christmas in the Brenty Four-um.

WhiteCrow Guest

Yeah - he will regenerate into another Doctor, just like after episode 12 of series 3 he spent all the 4th series as a 100 year old Doctor.

I'm pretty sure Donna will be going back in time to "take the bullet" for the Doctor, having seen now how important he is last episode. This will tie up the whole "something on your back" and "the one who loves him most will die".

If Tennant does regenerate and it's permanent, then it's the best piece of secrecy since D-Day.

WhiteCrow Guest

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteCrowUK View Post
    I'm pretty sure Donna will be going back in time to "take the bullet" for the Doctor, having seen now how important he is last episode. This will tie up the whole "something on your back" and "the one who loves him most will die".
    That or Captain Jack stabilises his regeneration by kissing him. Causing people all over the country to run out an buy ketchup.

I've just watched it again and noticed that just as Rose leaves Donna's Mums, you can clearly see a Lovejoy book on top of her cupboard - could this be a subtle clue that Ian McShane will be the next Doctor?

As for the Christmas Special, plausibly it could be some kind of flashback episode, which would explain why Davey T's still in it...
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

Pip Madeley Guest

I doubt that 2009 will be full of flashback episodes.

It seems unlikely for several reasons:

1: Rose's return got out quick because she was seen filming. Could they really keep a change of leading man quiet?

2: The change from Eccleston to Tennant got out because someone noticed that a new series was confirmed but Eccleston wasn't. Again, did no-one notice?

3: David Tennant's availablity for filming has been specifically offered as a justification for not having a full series in 2009. Maybe they would stoop to outright lies, but I' like to hope not, and I can't believe they'll cast a new Doctor for one episode, then fill the next few episodes with flashbacks of the old one.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteCrowUK View Post
    If Tennant does regenerate and it's permanent, then it's the best piece of secrecy since D-Day.

yell in this day and age of multi media and internet it's almost impossible to keep some thing like this a secret that's why i've voted no..

Quote Originally Posted by SiHart View Post
    (and Andy Frankham- no insider info please!! )

Si xx

As if I would!
    I am out there... somewhere.

I've been told what happens by a reasonably reliable source. I won't drop any hints here, but anyone who does want to know is free to PM me.

Although I'd better not vote, as the mods can see who voted which way in polls.

Captain Tancredi Guest

Apart from spoilers, I find it hard to believe that the BBC publicity machine would be able to resist the temptation to plug the casting of a new Doctor and a regeneration episode for all it was worth. Plus we've got Jackie and Mickey in the next episode and it would defeat the object somewhat to have them meeting a Doctor they didn't know- not to mention the River Song business, which I can't help thinking would have been written a different way if it had been meant to come three weeks before a new Doctors arrival.

well I reckon he's going to regenerate back into Colin Baker, just imagin him in the 10th Doctors suit...

I doubt that 2009 will be full of flashback episodes.
    You are wrong.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

I think he should know if he doubts it or not!

Besides, everyone's elses opinion is WRONG apart from MINE. You are all WRONG apart from ME! It's a fact.

Si.

Pip Madeley Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Rob McCow View Post
    You are wrong.
    Who says? Are you RTD in disguise, Steve? I thought the glasses were a coincidence

This is the only time this series where I've peeked into a thread that might be even slightly spoiler-y or felt the need to scan the Sunday mags for snippets of info when usually I'm avoiding them like some itchy and unslightly disease.

I'm glad I'm not the only one thinking (Ok clutching at straws) that it's not over yet.

And with that, I'm off out the thread before I catch something

Do we actually get to decide a la Dimensions in Time?

Pip Madeley Guest

Somehow I think you'd vote for Big Ron.

Well that's who I voted for last time.

Wayne Guest

Terminator 3.