Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

It was very much enjoyed here too. Great sound design Si- I like all the eerie tree noises. They work really well I think.
    That guy playing the computer was really good too!

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

The chap playing the tree was a bit wooden, I thought....

Well done Ant! No leafing it alone for you is there?

Si xx

I'm delighted! Si's done a lovely job on that story with the production, there's a nice spooky intro and I really appreciate all the work he's had to put in creating an adventure set almost entirely on space cars! It's not always easy finding the sound of a magnetic grapple. Some good choices with the music too, I liked the super-dramatic drums

I'd heard Paul and Martin do their bits of the story, but it was so long ago know I'd forgotten most of it. And Uxan and Grexos' bits were all new to me. Martin and Paul play well off each other, like a bitching couple already! David is always a star turn, I like his bumbling Grexos, although I imagined the character a little older - I wouldn't begrudge Dave though, he's fab!

P-Bal was very subtle and understated bringing layers and hidden depths to Uxan that were beyond my imagining. He was also very funny.

Is P-Bal in charge of a people carrier?
    Perhaps we should have renamed it the P-Bal carrier?
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Pip Madeley Guest

P-Bal was very subtle and understated
    A first!

Wayne Guest

Pip drops in Episode 2!
    Pip drops??

From a great height? A bollock? A chuff?

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne View Post
    Pip drops??

From a great height? A bollock? A chuff?
    Yes - I was wondering about that, too!

Wayne Guest

Must say i thought Mr Barnes was very good as well. A Tim says, very dry. I can imagine him as one of the Sandminer crew members in 'Robots of Death'.

"Use your brain Wayne! We would know wouldn't we?"

David was indeed brill!

Si xx

Just listened to it now, and can only really echo what everybody's already said. Paul is as good as ever, a calm, unflappable Doctor; and I loved Martin's new companion Ed, particularly the way that he makes him sound part-cynic, part-'just managing to avoid screaming out loud'. "You've crushed my flowers" deserves to become a new catchphrase.

Then there's the 'bad guys' - P-Bal & David make an excellent combination, and I'm afraid I couldn't help thinking of them as being like the Pirate Captain & Mr Fibuli!!

As for the story, it was a lot 'snappier' than previously, and with the smaller cast as well it makes for quite a change of style. I could hear it all beautifully clearly, so well done to the chaps behind the scenes, and particularly enjoyed the sound effect as the materialisation circuit fused.

I now can't wait till next week to find out exactly what the Doctor does to Ed to make his hair stand on end - the mind boggles!!!

I'm glad everyone enjoyed Episode 1, especially Steve as I was of course handling his story and was hoping he'd think I'd done a good job!

particularly enjoyed the sound effect as the materialisation circuit fused.
    That was my little tribute to "The Horns Of Nimon" with a few extra things thrown in!

Stay tuned for Episode 2 people!

Si.

I particularly liked the sheep.

Never thought I'd be typing that in public.

Just listened and really enjoyed it, as I mentioned before, I couldn't really remember any of the story - as it's been a whole year since we recorded it!

I think for an audio story, set in space cars - it works extremely well, all the sound effects and background noise work perfectly. I continue to enjoy the serene calmness of Paul's Doctor, I particularly liked the way he said 'Not neccessarily...' after being told we were going to die.

I greatly enjoyed the scenes with P-Bal and Mr Barnes as well, they were both excellent in their roles, the characters played off each other very well.
    I also continue to enjoy SiHart as the computer voice of the future, loved when he made the comment about the message
    Last edited by Martin Penny; 12th Jul 2008 at 11:36 PM.

WhiteCrow Guest

I've just downloaded it to listen to at work ...

One minor issue, is it possible to have some system of downloading all the episode parts in one go? It just feels a bit fiddle-y downloading each separate, and then waiting for the download before saving it.

I've just listened to it now and really really enjoyed it, as pretty much everyone's mentioned, the cast are all on top form (and I really like the character of new companion Ed, as well as P-Bal and David as the villains of the piece) and the script made me laugh a good few times too. As mentioned above "You crushed my flowers" was a brilliantly delivered line!

A huge amount of credit has to go to Si as well for making it all sound so incredibly professional, having heard a fair bit of Radio 4 lately, you outdo them easily.
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Penny View Post
    I also continue to enjoy SiHart as the computer voice of the future, loved when he made the comment about the message
    Yes, that was good. Very Douglas Adams.

And I'm guessing that the huge twist at the end is that the TARDIS did not crush the flowers but materialised around them.

Where does that idea stem from?

It just sort of bloomed.

One minor issue, is it possible to have some system of downloading all the episode parts in one go? It just feels a bit fiddle-y downloading each separate, and then waiting for the download before saving it.
    It would technically be possible, but it would mean uploading an extra 100Mb of material which would be additionally time consuming. Would anyone else see any genuine use for this? I suppose we could do it if enough people asked for it.

Of course, it's handy to have it in seperate parts because they can then be transferred for the CD edition and form handy chapter points. And if it was one file then people on dial-up or with unreliable connections would lose the lot if their connection dropped out after downloading 98% of the file!

Si.

Wayne Guest

I don't think you need to. I downloaded all the parts at the same time with the 'Save Target As' option on each one. Even with them all downloading simultaneously, it only took a few minutes. Then listened to them after they were on my PC. Easy.

What wayne said.

"My girlfriend would kill me if I got killed"

Steve has a real Douglas Adams sense of humour

I listened to it last night and it was great. I have to admit I still don't remember recording it very well. And I have to agree with Andrew when he said P-Bal and Mr Barnes reminded him of the Captain and Mr Fibuli. Although P-Bal was obviously far more suave!

I have listened to episode 1 and I have to say I thought it was fantastic. The story was well written, the acting was excellent as well and the effects were just brill. I like all the different ways Ed descried the TARDIS, I had to stop myself from laughing at some points because I was listening to it on my phone and I was out walking at the time, so I didn't want people giving me funny looks. I can't wait for this Saturday for part two.
    One little thing I was wondering is is there anyway I could get involved in the audios on the acting side because when I listen to the adventures and the documenarries it sounds as though you have fun making them. I would loved to be involved in some way.

We're always after fresh voices to add to the audios so if you fancy getting involved send a Private Message to Si HUnt and let him know what it is you'd like to do.