Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Sure thing Chris, we're always trying to get new people involved! I'll contact you by private message...

Si.

I'm glad you enjoy the plays so much Chris. I'm fairly sure we all enjoyed the recording of this one, though none of us seem to remember a great deal about it for some reason! Ah well. I'm sure there's going to be more behind the scenes stories to come with the next two stories Heist! and The Paradise Machine, as they were recorded more recently.
    I'm looking forward to the next episode too!

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Wayne Guest

I'm ready for part 2. This stuff is better than the one on the telly!

for Wayne.
    I do remember Haniad a bit better now. I remember commenting that the Doctor had a Colin Baker-ish edge to him in it and I remember me and Martin rattling through our lines fairly quickly.

This stuff is better than the one on the telly!
    Maybe we could use that quote on the sleeve of the next story.

Wayne Guest

So long as you send a complimentary copy to the Dr Who production team.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Monk View Post
    for Wayne.
    I do remember Haniad a bit better now. I remember commenting that the Doctor had a Colin Baker-ish edge to him in it.
    Oo, I remember that...
    I also remember SiHunt telling me and Paul to put 'More camp!' into our photoshoot poses.

Si Hunt is our JNT- before long he'll be in all the pictures pointing at our stars as they pose!

Si xx

I understand a dozen Hawaiian shirts are on order, too...

Quote Originally Posted by Si Hunt View Post
    It would technically be possible, but it would mean uploading an extra 100Mb of material which would be additionally time consuming. Would anyone else see any genuine use for this? I suppose we could do it if enough people asked for it.

Of course, it's handy to have it in seperate parts because they can then be transferred for the CD edition and form handy chapter points. And if it was one file then people on dial-up or with unreliable connections would lose the lot if their connection dropped out after downloading 98% of the file!

Si.
    If people want to join the bits together for any reason, Album Maker is really good at that sort of thing.
    Dennis, Francois, Melba and Smasher are competing to see who can wine and dine Lola Whitecastle and win the contract to write her memoirs. Can Dennis learn how to be charming? Can Francois concentrate on anything else when food is on the table? Will Smasher keep his temper under control?

If only the 28th century didn't keep popping up to get in Dennis's way...

#dammitbrent

The eleventh annual Brenty Four serial is another Planet Skaro exclusive. A new episode each day until Christmas in the Brenty Four-um.

I also remember SiHunt telling me and Paul to put 'More camp!' into our photoshoot poses.
    That hardly seems credible!

Si.

I'm on a Planet Skaro banner!!

Gosh!

Sorry, haven't read this thread yet, or indeed listened to the story itself, but I was rather immediately excited by the banner and the fact I'm on the CD cover. Ahem.
    "I remember because cherries send me into a wild fury!"

A quick note to say thank you to those who were kind enough to say I was good. I really can't remember when I recorded the lines for this, though I recall embroidering on the dialogue like a drama queen. Ahem. I apologise wholeheartedly to the writer, though the director may have been sensible and cut my rambling. Good thing too, I say.
    "I remember because cherries send me into a wild fury!"

I'm delighted that Si persuaded you to be in it!

Fortunately I can barely remember the script, so as far as I'm concerned you're delivering all the lines exactly as written.
    This stuff is better than the one on the telly!
    Kind of ironic - when I watched 'Journey's End' I was thinking how I'd never be able to write something that big, complex and utterly bonkers. Although I'll risk it and say that Haniad does indeed compare favourably with... Underworld.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

I think Haniad is a different kind of story to "Journey's End" though. We'll be going for an all-out bonkers end-of-season extravaganza later in the year...

Si.

It's a great one-liner from Wayne, but any attempt to compare different strands of Doctor Who will only end in bafflement!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

I'm looking forward to part two tomorrow. I can't wait to hear how the storyline ends.

Si xx

I'm looking forward to hearing Pip's impossibly gruff voice again. We should bring his character back and give him a thirty line speech

And will it be called 'Heart of The Haniad' for any reason? There's no evidence so far!

Indeed, it's a bit of trivia that this story was actually written and recorded as a single episode, it was only at the editing stage that we realised we had enough material for two parts - which accounts for the fact that the Episode 1 cliffhanger is, while being worthy, not an all time great. It wasn't really written by Steve as a cliffhanger at all.

And Episode 2 is bar far the busiest, with the debut of Pip's character and a fair bit of incident and reveal to boot. Enjoy!

Si.

Quote Originally Posted by SiHart View Post
    I'm looking forward to part two tomorrow. I can't wait to hear how the storyline ends.

Si xx
    Agreed. I'm quite moist with anticipation.

Why do I remember it as being three parts? I was definately in Dr Who with Jon Pertwee before The Time Monster.

I think it definately felt longer than it was when we recorded it.

Si.

"Oh for a foe with a pronounceable name"

Excellent stuff guys!

And I love Pip's gruff voice. I bet he needed lots of water after the recording.

Pip squeezed P-Bal to death!!

Pip Madeley Guest

I'm looking forward to hearing Pip's impossibly gruff voice again. We should bring his character back and give him a thirty line speech
    As long as you have cough syrup on standby.