View Poll Results: How will Martha defeat Davros?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • With the Osterhagen Key.

7 50.00%
  • By rebuilding the Torchwood Hub into a particle super-collider.

3 21.43%
  • Win Davros over with her good-natured enthusiasm.

0 0%
  • By having an operation to become a 'Threefold Man'.

0 0%
  • Smuggling K-9 aboard the Dalek ship in her big hair.

4 28.57%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default What About Martha?!

What I want to know is, what's going to happen to Martha next week? Will she regenerate? How will she defeat Davros?

Will her Mum let her out?

She's got the look, she's got the power, but are Torchwood ready for her?
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

I do feel a bit sorry for Martha - it looks like she's only in the story so that, presumably just as everything looks hopeless, she can say, "I've got this key thing here that matey from UNIT gave me" and thus allow the Doctor to save the day. She's not (so far anyway) getting as much action as the others, it seems to me, which is a shame.

Martha will insert the Haagendaas key into Davros' life support system, making him dependent on high quality ice-cream based products.

She will then be lost into an alternative universe where most of humanity has been wiped out by a virus, leaving a few immune stragglers to fight for survival in a Terry Nation worshipping Britain, full of countdowns and people called Tarrant.
    Bazinga !

Chris Tarrant's presenting Countdown you say?

Sorry, I'll re-read Jon's post more carefully...

WhiteCrow Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Curnow View Post
    I do feel a bit sorry for Martha - it looks like she's only in the story so that, presumably just as everything looks hopeless, she can say, "I've got this key thing here that matey from UNIT gave me" and thus allow the Doctor to save the day. She's not (so far anyway) getting as much action as the others, it seems to me, which is a shame.
    Well you know Martha could be given more to do, if only Freema could act a bit better.

Hmm - I think there is a theme going on though - all the companions have done well for themselves.

Sarah Jane heads her own investigations.

Rose Tyler - defender of parallel Earth, in charge of Torchwood there.

Captain Jack - head of Torchwood Cardiff

Martha Jones - head of medical UNIT

Donna Noble - "just the temp". But I think Donna is the one who is going to surprise us all.

There's a lot of Joneses floating about aren't there - Harriet, Martha, Ianto.

Smith's keeping up with the Jones'?

Martha defeats the daleks by using the Osterhagen key to switch on the long lost legendary computer Orac (bequeathed to UNIT by a friend) which reads the TARDIS computer and makes it reverse the polarity of the vortex thus inverting the time differential and changing the timeline so that the Time War never happened and Davros was not in danger so dalek Caan never timeshifted to that point to save him. Or something.

WhiteCrow Guest

I bet when the Osterhagen key is wired into the Tardis, it means the Doctor can cross his own timeline without repercusions. This will allow him to reset reality, but the key will burn out in the process.

I think Martha's hormonal mother will roll up with an Ostrogen Key - which she'll insert into Davros' chair giving him an overdose of HRT. But Davros rants quite a lot already, so with the added nagging power of a hormonal woman in his life support system, he'll go hoarse and the Daleks won't obey him any more.

Si.

Martha will defeat Davros by boring him to death.

WhiteCrow Guest

Project Indigo doesnt really work - and Martha was only kept alive by Davros so he could get his hand on the Osterhagen key.

Everyone seems convince that Plot McGuffin (A) Osterhagen Key will actually do/be something. What if it's just the key to her house?
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Martha isn't going to defeat Davros. Neither is The Doctor, Donna, Rose, Sarah Jane, Cap 'N' Jack, ****** or ******. The Brigadier is going to return from Peru and kick everyone's butts.
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

Quote Originally Posted by Rob McCow View Post
    Everyone seems convince that Plot McGuffin (A) Osterhagen Key will actually do/be something. What if it's just the key to her house?
    Has anyone mentioned yet that Osterhagen is an anagram of 'Earth's Gone'......?
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

I think we should be clear that the Ostawhatsit key ISN'T a deux machina. On the contrary, a real cop out would be if the ending to this story DIDN'T involve something that had been sign-posted in Episode 1. The trouble is, being able to scrutinise the episode we've seen so far in such detail, the ending set up (and we'd be dissapointed if it WASN'T set up right?) becomes a bit obvious. Or perhaps it's because it looks like the ending is going to be down to a 'magical object' rather than evolving out of the storytelling of the second episode.

Si.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Curnow View Post

it dose seem a bit like her appearence in Torchwood where she appears to be some what surpless to requirments ...

Quote Originally Posted by Perry Vale View Post
    Has anyone mentioned yet that Osterhagen is an anagram of 'Earth's Gone'......?
    It’s also an anagram of horse agent, Tegan’s hero and hen’s toe-rag.

What can it all mean?

Wayne Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Antony Cox View Post
    It’s also an anagram of horse agent, Tegan’s hero and hen’s toe-rag.

What can it all mean?
    It mean's you've got too much time on your hands.

WhiteCrow Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Larry View Post
    it dose seem a bit like her appearence in Torchwood where she appears to be some what surpless to requirments ...
    She's generally surplus to requirements in my book ...

Assuming that's how it's spelt then 'Osterhagen Key' is an anagram of Generate Oh Sky.
    Obvious really.

I reckon Martha takes her clothes off in front of Davros. If she did it in front of me, I'd surrender...

WhiteCrow Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart Wallis View Post
    I reckon Martha takes her clothes off in front of Davros. If she did it in front of me, I'd surrender...
    Freema doing sexy and seductive? I don't think her acting spectrum covers it. "Evil clone" Martha was an acting experiment in embarassment.

The only reason I'll be tuning in on Saturday will be to see Martha's showdown with Rose.

"She's blonde? This just gets better!"

Why all the Freema hatred from Mike? She's good!! Not brilliant admittedly, but sandwiched between the mighty Piper and Tate (where many would literally like to be) she did alright!

Si.