View Poll Results: How much did you SQUEE?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10/10 - RTD can have my babies.

10 26.32%
  • 9/10 - SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

6 15.79%
  • 8/10 - SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

8 21.05%
  • 7/10 - SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

4 10.53%
  • 6/10 - SQUEEEEEEEE!

1 2.63%
  • 5/10 - SQUEEEEE!

1 2.63%
  • 4/10 - SQUEE!

2 5.26%
  • 3/10 - Bloody reset button!

2 5.26%
  • 2/10 - I'm a Milky tool.

1 2.63%
  • 1/10 - FFS! RTD has raped my Tate lovin'hood.

3 7.89%
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    Pip Madeley Guest

Default Rate And Discuss 4.13: Journey's End

It's the big one.

Will Davros and the Daleks conquer the universe? Will the Doctor complete his regeneration? Which of the faithful companions is facing everlasting death? And will Jackie slap anyone?

No voting/spoilers until 7.45pm on Sat 5th July.

And will Jackie slap anyone?
    "Stitch this Davros!"

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Pip Madeley Guest

How did you manage to post in a closed thread?

Oh wait, you're a Mod.

At least I didn't vote!

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Is there another type of death apart from the everlasting kind?

Si.

Pip Madeley Guest

Captain Jack's deaths are never everlasting...

WhiteCrow Guest

Default Countdown to the series finale!

My son has just reminded me this on is going to be over an hour!

Seriously I got up this morning and have been ticking off the hours.

I'm trying to enjoy two peak athletes in mini-skirts battle it out at Wimbledon. Okay I'm letching just a little. But my mind is still on Who - Cameron has lined up a whole load of Daleks led by Davros himself - spoilers perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteCrowUK View Post
    I'm trying to enjoy two peak athletes in mini-skirts battle it out at Wimbledon
    The men's final is tomorrow!

WhiteCrow Guest

A mock up of expected events tonight ...

Psycho Bunny is Rose "Do you like my gun" Tyler

Aim for the eyestalk.

UNIT masacred!

Anyway - shows how tonights episode is panning out in the mind of some kids big and small.
    Last edited by WhiteCrow; 5th Jul 2008 at 3:20 PM.

Predictions!

Tennant will stay, Rose will die, the hand in a jar will play a big part and Davros will survive!
    One Day, I shall come back, Yes, I shall come back,
    Until them, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties, Just go forward in all your beliefs,
    and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine!

WhiteCrow Guest

The wait is almost over ...

Eyes down for a full Tardis!
    Until them, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties, Just go forward in all your beliefs,

WhiteCrow Guest

Unquestionably 10/10 - what an ending.

Then just when you think it's over - Return of the Cybermen Christmas 2008!

Yeah Baby!

[Anyone wonder if alternate universe Doctor = the Valeyard]

10/10

Bernard Cribbins is 'Da Man'!!!!!!!!!

Fantastic conclusion, great get-out from the cliffhanger, SJS still on top form, Jackie & Micky were great, Martha was superb, Capt Jack at his best, K9 saves the day!!!!

Two Docs, Rose gets her man, Davros lives, again!!!!!!

Daleks Scary! Effects Great! Tennant & Tennant stunning!

Everything to everyone!

Only downside, Torchwood were underused!

What a let down. After building things up so excitingly, RTD fails to deliver in the worst way imaginable. I'm not surprised as he did the same with Army of Ghosts/Doomsday but I am disappointed. The resolution of the cliffhanger from Stolen Earth was so abysmally weak and then the Doctor-Donna hybrid again was a great idea as a concept but was delivered with complete ineptitude.
    I didn't like the Reality Bomb idea much either, and the resolution to the whole thing was utter bollocks. The only parts I enjoyed in this episode was the interplay between the Doctor's companions, though they themselves weren't particularly served well once they ended up in the vault.

I'm really, really disappointed with this one.

Well, I just don't know what to think of that. For me it was (unfortunately) a very mixed bag, with some bits that I absolutely loved and some that I was disappointed by.

Things I absolutely loved: Davros' mad cackle and his taunting of the Doctor, their being two Doctors, the towing back of the Earth to our universe, a lot of the interplay between various characters, K9's cameo, the way Donna saved the day, the destruction of the Dalek fleet, and the goodbye sequences between the Doctor and his various companions (though in terms of number of endings, it was getting dangerously close to LOTR territory), and Wilfred's final scene with the Doctor.

Things I've mixed feelings about: The destruction of the Dalek fleet seemed to happen just too quickly, Donna's memory and timelord abilities being removed, and her ending up as she was at the beginning of the series, Rose being left in the parallell universe again.

Things I just plain didn't like: The resolution to the cliffhanger was just over way too quickly for my liking, I already feel that it will diminish the power of last week's final moments considerably upon rewatching, which is a shame as it was an excellent cliffhanger. And after how last week's episode was absolutely brilliant, going at a breakneck speed, the pacing seemed a bit all over the place here.

I think I'm going to watch it again tomorrow night before rating it, though at the moment it's a 7.5ish score, but that doesn't feel fair as some bits I really really loved. Hmmm. And hmmmm again.
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

Well, I think Torchwood were better in The Stolen Earth. I thought Mickey & Jackie would materialise and save them instead of Sarah Jane, though.

In other news, K9!!!!! I REALLY hoped he would put in an appearance!

And, poor Donna!. It's rather like that BF short story, "The Tip of the Mind".

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Clement View Post
    What a let down. After building things up so excitingly, RTD fails to deliver in the worst way imaginable. I'm not surprised as he did the same with Army of Ghosts/Doomsday but I am disappointed. The resolution of the cliffhanger from Stolen Earth was so abysmally weak and then the Doctor-Donna hybrid again was a great idea as a concept but was delivered with complete ineptitude.
    I didn't like the Reality Bomb idea much either, and the resolution to the whole thing was utter bollocks. The only parts I enjoyed in this episode was the interplay between the Doctor's companions, though they themselves weren't particularly served well once they ended up in the vault.

I'm really, really disappointed with this one.
    Killjoy.

Things I just plain didn't like: The resolution to the cliffhanger was just over way too quickly for my liking, I already feel that it will diminish the power of last week's final moments considerably upon rewatching, which is a shame as it was an excellent cliffhanger.
    I couldn't agree more. The Stolen Earth episode left me on such a high that I couldn't wait for this episode to air. When it did I found myself thinking 'Well, was that it?' after a mere minute.

Quote Originally Posted by shada pavlova View Post
    Killjoy.
    Oh, I can beat that hands down.

2/10 - the worst story this season, the worst season finale, the worst Dalek story.

Ever.

2 marks only for the brilliant performance of Davros (and even that was let down in places)
    The rest was a stupendous exercise in self-indulgence on the part of almost everyone involved and a hugely disappointing let down from last week.

Since RTD can clearly do much better than this , one wonders why he didn't bother.
    Bazinga !

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Gently
    May be he's not regenerating at all, may be he's taking the life energy from his newly regenerated hand (the one in the jar) to reinvigorate himself & renew the damaged cells...
    Back of the net!!!! Well, as near as a guess can be.

I have some minor problems with it but I'll keep them to myself for now.

Above all though I did enjoy it & at the fear of being lynched, I do believe that I have just seen the best season closer since the series came back.

E.T.A 8/10
    Last edited by Dirk Gently; 5th Jul 2008 at 8:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Gently View Post
    Above all though I did enjoy it & at the fear of being lynched, I do believe that I have just seen the best season closer since the series came back.
    Well said!

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteCrowUK View Post
    [Anyone wonder if alternate universe Doctor = the Valeyard]
    Interesting thought!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Masters View Post
    Oh, I can beat that hands down.

2/10 - the worst story this season, the worst season finale, the worst Dalek story.

Ever.

2 marks only for the brilliant performance of Davros (and even that was let down in places)
    The rest was a stupendous exercise in self-indulgence on the part of almost everyone involved and a hugely disappointing let down from last week.

Since RTD can clearly do much better than this , one wonders why he didn't bother.

Poppycock!

With crap like Love and Monsters, Time and the Rani and Paradise Towers, I really don't understand how you can say it's the worst ever.
    I’m being extremely clever up here and there’s no one to stand around looking impressed! What’s the point in having you all?

Personally I don't think it was a patch on Parting of the Ways, but it's about on par with Last of the Timelords for sheer awfulness.