Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Default Battlefield DVD (due December 29th)

I have it on good authority that Battlefield will be released on November 17th. (http://www.galaxy4.co.uk/products.php?sec_id=16)

Okay, WHY can they not just put out a BETTER release, like Revenge of the Cybermen, Terror of the Zygons, The Daemons, or even the Keys of flipping Marinus!

It's just rubbish!

It's one of those things I suppose. Everything has to come out eventually and so whatever gets released is going to annoy someone because it's not a story they love. personally like you, there are many stories I'd love to see released before this one- many McCoys even, but I just can't get worked up about what comes out when anymore. All the DVDs have been entertaining, well packaged and full of extras- that amkes them all worth buying. IMO, of course.

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Yeah, but Battlefield is one of the worst ever episodes.

In your opinion (and mine too actually!)- but there are plenty of people on PS who love it to bits!

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

I don't love it but I don't think it deserves the slating it gets from certain quarters, the same goes for Silver Nemesis.

I'd like to see the extras for it.

Quote Originally Posted by SiHart View Post
    It's one of those things I suppose. Everything has to come out eventually and so whatever gets released is going to annoy someone because it's not a story they love. personally like you, there are many stories I'd love to see released before this one- many McCoys even, but I just can't get worked up about what comes out when anymore. All the DVDs have been entertaining, well packaged and full of extras- that amkes them all worth buying. IMO, of course.

Si xx
    I think that about sums it up.

I completely agree with you about Battlefield, though. In fact unless it has some stonking extras, I probably won't bother buying it at all. Unless it turns up in the 99p bargain bin of course, which probably won't take very long...

Wayne Guest

Despite having a few really bad bits, i don't really mind 'Battlefield' myself. Jean Marsh is fab in it,The Destroyer is great, the Brig punches out McCoy.
    I'd rather have this than anything from S24, & all of S25 except 'Remembrance'.

Quote Originally Posted by shada pavlova View Post
    Yeah, but Battlefield is one of the worst ever episodes.

well I like it - also I think it's wrong to have the attitude because you don't like it it shouldn't get released there are plenty of stories I don;'t like but I'd never say it should not be released because of it.

"Battlefield" is by no means one of the worst stories ever. My only complaints are that it's shoddily directed and shot and the music is farting. It would be one story that would really benefit from some moodiness and thunderstorms on occasion, but the battles all take place in bright sunshine giving them the atmosphere of a corporate team building event.

On the plus side, there are some great characters and performances in there - who couldn't love the Brigadier, his wife Doris, June Bland giving an excellent dramatic performance and Jean Marsh. This 'ensemble' cast is the most fun all season. And the production as a whole has a lovely 'gung ho' adventure atmosphere in contrast to a few moments of genuine pathos, such as Morgaine's "burned like starfire" speech and the lovely closing line where the Doctor moves away mysteriously threatening to cook dinner.

Best of all, down the years "Battlefield" has matured into a karaoke classic. Fans can still admire the stunning Destroyer, or the lovely moment where Morgaine restores sight to June Bland's character, while cheering along to the bits where everything goes a bit shit, like "Boooooom!" and "Your convoy's stranded by the lake of the high king!".

There are plenty of moody masterpieces in Season 26 - leave us the sunny, fun, occasionally hilarious "Battlefield" won't you. At least it's never dull.

Si.

Other than "BOOOOOOOOOM!", I think that Battlefield is brilliant!

Ant x

Watchers in the Fourth Dimension: A Doctor Who Podcast
    Three Americans and a Brit attempt to watch their way through the entirety of Doctor Who
    ----
    Latest Episode: The WOTAN Clan, discussing The War Machines
    Available on iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, and Podbean
    Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter at @watchers4d

Wayne Guest

The chinese bird is crap though!

And 'THERE WILL BE NO BATTLE HERE!'

I'll only buy it if the PS commentary is on there as an extra.....

Quote Originally Posted by Si Hunt View Post
    "Battlefield" is by no means one of the worst stories ever...
    Best of all, down the years "Battlefield" has matured into a karaoke classic. Fans can still admire the stunning Destroyer, or the lovely moment where Morgaine restores sight to June Bland's character, while cheering along to the bits where everything goes a bit shit, like "Boooooom!" and "Your convoy's stranded by the lake of the high king!".

There are plenty of moody masterpieces in Season 26 - leave us the sunny, fun, occasionally hilarious "Battlefield" won't you. At least it's never dull.

Si.
    Yep! Agree there, Battlefield isn't ALL bad. I'm looking forward to seeing it on pristine DVD, along with a full 5.1 surround sound mix.

I like it - it's a bit rough in places, and the rest of season 26 is much better, but if even my wife is looking forward to the DVD release then it must have something to it!!

Personally I'm hoping for some studio-floor footage filming that laugh. "Do you think it's too much, love?" "No, keep it going Chris, it's just super."

Pip Madeley Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Antony Cox View Post
    I'll only buy it if the PS commentary is on there as an extra.....
    "Beware this man, he is steeped in pies."

Update: Release of Battlefield has been pushed back from 17th November to 1st December.
    For every fail, there is an equal and opposite win.

...Oh, who am I kidding?

ALMOST AS IF SOMETHING MYSTERIOUS AND UNNANNOUNCED WAS REPLACING IT IN THE ANNIVERSARY MONTH SLOT!

Si.

Update: Release of Battlefield has been pushed back from 17th November to 1st December.
    Hooray! May it be pushed back forever!

Oh shame.

I was told it was coming out 28th December? Is it a joke Daisy K?

Given what you said earlier, I can't quite work out what the sad face is for here?

I was told it was coming out 28th December? Is it a joke Daisy K
    DWM says the 29th December. What's it all about Alpha?

http://www.galaxy4.co.uk/products.php?sec_id=16

There. Proof positive of the release date.
    For every fail, there is an equal and opposite win.

...Oh, who am I kidding?

It's being moved forwards in time, backwards in time and SIDEWAYS in time!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Boom, boom.