Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    WhiteCrow Guest

Default The Empty Saturday - aka Waiting for 2010 ...

It's a hell of a wait from 2008!

Well season 4 is over, it's been a real rollercoaster of some of the best Doctor Who ever in my opinion. But it seemed to rush by at breakneck speed.

I thought I'd be okay with the whole "no new season until 2010", but it's dawning on me what a hellish wait it's going to be!

Wayne Guest

Good job you've got a wife & kid to see you through the empty void that will be your life for the next year.

My plan is to rewatch all four seasons over the course of next year - although I've enjoyed most of it, there are very few episodes I've watched more than two or three times, and in fact there are many from the last couple of years in particular that I've only ever seen once.

Plus, I think the absence of a series proper next year will make the run up in early 2010 to the fifth series even more exciting than 'usual'.

WhiteCrow Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Curnow View Post
    Plus, I think the absence of a series proper next year will make the run up in early 2010 to the fifth series even more exciting than 'usual'.
    For some reason, the last week and all the post-excitement in the run up to Journeys End has made me realise how LOOONG 2 years is going to feel like.

Still at least I'll have the PS Audios!

Well, I've bought all 3 new series boxsets this year and they're all still sealed, so they will keep me going. I've got Torchwood S1 boxset still sealed, and I believe we have the SJA S1 boxset out later this year (plus TW S2 to get when that gets reduced in due course).

I've also yet to watch any of this year's original series DVDs, and I've got all the original series DVD commentaries from Inferno onwards to do yet, so I feel like I'm quite glad of a break in some ways! I doubt that I'll really notice until next March/April anyway, and we do still have 4 or 5 specials to tide us over!

WhiteCrow Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Curnow View Post
    My plan is to rewatch all four seasons over the course of next year
    After the first series, me and my son used to have these Doctor Who marathons, were we'd start watching Rose on Friday, and see if we could get to Parting of the Ways by Sunday.

We managed it four times!!! Oh the humanity.

It's worse than those wasted Sundays were I used to back-to-back the Star Trek films 1-6, sometimes fast-forwarding parts of Final Frontier for sanity.

Oh that's true, in the meantime there's going to be a Star Trek movie, so I can still restore my old Trek-lovin' ways, claiming it's much better than Doctor Who, and dusting off my Velour uniforms.

By the way, when I saw the start of this thread title on the front page, I assumed it was going to be about The Empty Child!

Quote Originally Posted by Jonno Simmons View Post
    Well, I've bought all 3 new series boxsets this year and they're all sealed,

I've got Torchwood S1 boxset still sealed,
    11/10

I've tried to live up to your sealing standards, O Milky One!

Anyway, never mind how Saturday nights feel, Sunday mornings are not the same without checking out what position in the TV Top 10 it made!

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteCrowUK View Post
    After the first series, me and my son used to have these Doctor Who marathons, were we'd start watching Rose on Friday, and see if we could get to Parting of the Ways by Sunday.

We managed it four times!!! Oh the humanity.

I bet that pleased the misses..

it cetainly dose seem a hell of a wait in fact I did think about it the other day and it dawned on me that series 5 is nearly 2 football seasons away now that dose make it seem a very long time.

For goodness' sake, we survived fifteen years without a new series, we'll survive a mear two with help from a couple of specials; what's wrong with you? Are you men or mice?

Right, who squeaked?

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart Wallis View Post
    For goodness' sake, we survived fifteen years without a new series, we'll survive a mear two with help from a couple of specials; what's wrong with you? Are you men or mice?

Right, who squeaked?

and with all the DVD's,/ videos we have I'm sure we can find ways of helping us through this difficult period..

And Tim always has Nicola to fall back on - in more ways than one!

I'll have you know I've never wavered in my adoration of said beauty, new series or no new series.

If I were an actor, I'd say I was type-cast.

Oh, BTW; if anyone is suffering withdrawal symptoms then Doctor Who is on this evening @5:35 on BBC1. Its a double bill.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry View Post
    I'm sure we can find ways of helping us through this difficult period..
    Indeed. Robin Hood S3 will be back soon.
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

Well there's another reason to keep going out on Saturday nights then!

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Quiet you! I thought you didn't read my posts.
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

Quote Originally Posted by Perry Vale View Post
    Indeed. Robin Hood S3 will be back soon.

I don't think series 3 of Robin Hood, will be back this year as I believe the next big Saturday night thing to fill the void left by Doctor Who, will be Merlin.

WhiteCrow Guest

Did Maid Marion regenerate last year?

Quote Originally Posted by Larry View Post
    I don't think series 3 of Robin Hood, will be back this year as I believe the next big Saturday night thing to fill the void left by Doctor Who, will be Merlin.
    It's looking that way, although the official BBC site for Robin Hood still states it'll be back in 2008. I'll probably enjoy Merlin more than S4 of Doctor Who though.

Did Maid Marion regenerate last year?
    No, but I believe RTD is writing the first episode of S3, where we find out she'd taken a magic potion before she died, and isn't really dead after all.

No, but I believe RTD is writing the first episode of S3, where we find out she'd taken a magic potion before she died, and isn't really dead after all.
    And Robin Hood will get 10 million viewers and become the most popular program on TV.

I'm more than happy to have a break from Doctor Who. It'll be a good chance to take stock, relax and think about something else for a while!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Quote Originally Posted by Rob McCow View Post
    And Robin Hood will get 10 million viewers and become the most popular program on TV.
    Unlikely, Wimbledon isn't on for quite a while now.

Unlikely, Wimbledon isn't on for quite a while now.
    Sorry, I keep labouring under the misapprehension that Doctor Who attracts a large audience because people like it. That's why they have to put it up against fringe sports such as tennis.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!