Default BF 109: The Death Collectors & Spider's Shadow

We haven't had a thread for this one, and we've already listebned to it. I thought it was rather good. I likes the grimy sound design, which was atmospheric and the story was fine, although the much vaunted McCoy in impending death of Doctor gloom wasn't really all that evident, aside from the Madam Butterfly stuff. Not as melancholy as I'd expected.
    McCoy was really rather good though. Always unexpected!

The one parter was good too, one of the best of the one part things. Like Creatures of Beauty only better as the Doctor knows things are not quite right this time round, with time playing tricks on him and the princesses. I don't think it'd stand up to repeated listens, but it was enjoyable nonetheless.

A good solid release this one.

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

I wasn't impressed with this - it felt too generic-BF. Another mix of strange disease, Alien homage and bits of old Doctor Who. Aside from Katherine Parkinson's sexy voice there wasn't much to enjoy. I think I'm starting to find soft-Rs really attractive.
    Dennis, Francois, Melba and Smasher are competing to see who can wine and dine Lola Whitecastle and win the contract to write her memoirs. Can Dennis learn how to be charming? Can Francois concentrate on anything else when food is on the table? Will Smasher keep his temper under control?

If only the 28th century didn't keep popping up to get in Dennis's way...

#dammitbrent

The eleventh annual Brenty Four serial is another Planet Skaro exclusive. A new episode each day until Christmas in the Brenty Four-um.

I just ordered this. I haven't had much money to spend on Big Finish lately, but I've been trying to "keep my hand in" so I don't get too far behind. But it means it's a little bit annoying when I can afford one and the next one I need is a McCoy, as those are always my least favourite. Oh well, Paul Magrs writes the next one along so that's something to look forward to.

Si.

This one was described as 'hard-core SF' but it was more a magic and mystery fantasy with spacesuits. I found it confusing and difficult and most of it has slipped from my mind already. It's a real shame, I'm sure there's a good story lurking under all this but it all seems pointless and uninspiring, mired down by the weight of a dozen other similar BF plays. The Spider's Shadow was very good though.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!