Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default New Doctor Who Audio - Heist! EPISODE 2 ONLINE!

Coming this Saturday 26th July to Planet Skaro...

HEIST! By Simon Hart

The Doctor and Edward Bradley have made it to the New Harlow Megropolis, but the Doctor has lost his still-incapacitated TARDIS and Ed has somehow found himself standing in a field freezing his unmentionables off! Meanwhile Jann Cordelis has lost the famed Pendant of Norombra to the devious art collector Byron Zunestra.

Everything is set for a Heist!

Will Ed emerge triumphant from his job interview? Which man will Jann go home with? And can the Doctor retrieve both the Pendant of Norombra and the TARDIS in time for a slap up dinner at the Frillington?

--

Heist! is a two-part adventure by Simon Hart. It stars Paul Monk as Doctor Who, Martin Penny as Edward Bradley, Kathy Reidtmann as Jann Cordelis and Michael Talks as Byron Zunestra with Si Hunt as Ridgeway.

This story is produced for the first time by Simon Hart, and is the second story to feature companion Edward Bradley. There's also a taster of the story with a trailer you can download now from here.

Details next week of how to obtain a CD of Heist! featuring the complete story plus a full "making of" documentary. But be sure to check back this Saturday to download Episode 1 for the bargain price of absolutely nothing!

Si.

Isn't that a brilliant cover by Pip too? My favourite so far!

I hope you're all going to enjoy it. I had a marvellous time writing it and putting it together and I think there's some tremendous performances in this play... as you'll find out on Saturday!

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Added a trailer link to my original post!

Si.

I love that cover as well. Its very ITC!

Can I just say...

"WWWWWWWWWWHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTT TT?"

Can I just say "Mocha-Choca-Cappuccinos with caramel dips and fondant fancies all round then fellas!"

Si.

Martin is a star!

Martin is brilliant I tell you! His Whaaaaaaaattt! is a great moment- it just had to go in the trailer!

Si xx

WhiteCrow Guest

The cover looks great, I usually hate pictures of myself, but that's been nicely photoshoped!

Only a few days to part one.

I'm glad to see that an authentic prop from The Tamaras Crisis has been given full prominence on the cover...

I love the trailer & the cover is great! Kathy immediately draws the eye...well mine anyway.

I'm glad to see that an authentic prop from The Tamaras Crisis has been given full prominence on the cover...
    That's no way to talk about Si Hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Monk View Post
    That's no way to talk about Si Hunt.
    Now you come to mention it, that leather jacket does look like it dates from the early 90's...

I love the trailer
    Thanks Tim. I've tried to give it a slightly different feel to the previous trailers.

Si xx

Hey, that's the first decent jacket I've had in years!

I like the way some of the lines for the trailer look like they were written for it - like the Doctor 'answering' Ed's question when the two lines of dialogue are from completely different parts of the story. Was that intentional Si? Did you write those lines thinking they'd be useful for the trailer? Or was it just luck!

Si.

It was just luck. It sort of feel in my lap really, as I was busy putting in the lines that I thought would be good for the trailer and when I put them together, they really worked well together. I hadn't written them like that (as you'll find out when you hear the play on Saturday) as they mostly come from different scenes and different parts of scenes. There are very few consecutive lines in the trailer.

I like the "Meet Mr Edward Bradley" intro though. It works very well and sounds just like Paul specially narrated the whole thing, which he didn't.

Si xx

When I listened to it I did wonder if I had recorded a special intro for the trailer and forgotten about it!

Ha, I'd forgotten about my outrageous accent!

I love the cover, though I feel obliged to point out how awful I look
    I love the spacesuit though! I think it's probably my favourite cover yet!

The trailer sounds great Si.
    I'm looking forward to the next two stories. By the way, I love the idea of having a season of audios this time around - especially the way you have to wait a week in between episodes - it's a great idea - they should do it on TV.......oh, I forgot, they do!!!

Martin's character is really great, Kathy is always great, and I'm looking forward to hearing Michael's character.

Incidentaly as the original owner of Kathy's gun, do I get any royalties for it's use on the cover???
    It's only fair, a certain Ian lethbridge-Stewart is the previous 'owner' of it (during The Tamaras Crisis) and come to think of it some bloke called Andrew Clancy (whoever he is) is officially listed as 'properties buyer' on the very same show, so that's two sets of royalties isn't it????

Pip Madeley Guest

I think it was a great idea to do 2-parters rather than big 4-parters (like Soap, Magical) because as good as they were, we get to record more stories, get more people involved & it feels more substantial in the end. Plus 4-parters can be difficult to pace, so these shorter stories challenge the writers in a positive way.

Fantastic, I'm really looking forward to this one - and Pip's cover/banner is just sooo eye-catching.

I hope it doesn't disappoint on Saturday!

While I like the two parters idea, I found it quite tricky to write. Pacing it and giving it just enough plot, time to meet the characters and get to know them was somethign I found really hard to write. I think I've pulled it off OK, but I far prefer a three or four parter.
    In theory we could do it all! There's no reason why we can't do a big three or four parter every so often, if the story idea merits it. But I think the interest shown in this little season means that the two parters are quite liked and I suppose it does lead to more variety overall. We'll see! We can , after all, do anything we like and use the audio format however we want depending on the story and the writer.

Si xx

Wayne Guest

Intriguing trailer! Fab cover! (& banner) I agree about the 2 parter thing. Nice to see that Si is getting a chance to show off his artistic skills as opposed to his techie skills. The last one sounded the most pro yet, So i'm looking forward to hearing this one.

The last one sounded the most pro yet, So i'm looking forward to hearing this one.
    Oh dear! This is my first real attempt... we'll have to see what you think at the weekend!

Si xx

Wayne Guest

Quote Originally Posted by SiHart View Post
    Oh dear! This is my first real attempt... we'll have to see what you think at the weekend!
    Well i meant the performances as well as the techie side, But the trailer sounded really pro as well!