Thread: Doctor Who Pubs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Doctor Who Pubs

A quick request for all you dedicated fans out there -

What pubs / inns / taverns have appeared in Doctor Who on TV? There's the Gore Crow Hotel in Battlefield, but I know there are loads more.

Get your Andrew Pixley hats on everyone please!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Well there's the Cloven Hoof in The Daemons (really The Blue Boar), The Fox Inn in Zygons (which really is called The Fox) and there's one in The Android Invasion but I can't recall the name.

There's also The Inferno club thing in The War Machines - does that count?

Pip Madeley Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Antony Cox View Post
    there's one in The Android Invasion but I can't recall the name
    "Fleur-de-Lys!" as Sarah might say.

There's also a pub interior in The War Machines, it's the unnamed one where they've got Kenneth Kendall waffling away on the radio.

I'm fairly sure The Claws Of Axos was written in a pub, and designed in the drug den next door...

Captain Tancredi Guest

Going a little further afield, there's the Sinking Ship on the Calais road in 'The Reign of Terror', if my memory's working today.

Inferno Club is close enough - it's a place to go to get ripped to the t*ts on intoxicating substances, so why not?

The Sinking Ship is a good one Although visiting all the ones mentioned so far would be a pretty lengthy pub crawl, with a lot of crawling and not many pubs.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

The Elephant is the inn they stay at in The Shakespeare Code, and the Market Tavern is where the Jones clan have their falling out in Smith and Jones.
    I don't know that we see the name of the pubs in Partners in Crime or Turn Left
    Bazinga !

Quote Originally Posted by Antony Cox View Post
    Well there's the Cloven Hoof in The Daemons (really The Blue Boar), The Fox Inn in Zygons (which really is called The Fox) and there's one in The Android Invasion but I can't recall the name.

There's also The Inferno club thing in The War Machines - does that count?
    Although apart from that one, there is a pub seen later in the story where there's a television broadcast about the invasion being watched.

There are also Inns featured in The Reign of Terror and The Massacre each.

I've only got one at the moment, Ba Orient (restaurant and bar) Cardiff, from Boomtown & the interior was used at the end of New Earth.
    Oh, and the Bear Inn, Bisley featured in K9 & Co. if that counts.

Pip Madeley Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Logo Polish View Post
    Although apart from that one, there is a pub seen later in the story where there's a television broadcast about the invasion being watched.
    Poor Stuart Wallis.

Bugger, you're right, must have missed that one. Soz, Stu.

The Brig stays in an unnamed pub in Llanfairfach.

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob McCow View Post
    visiting all the ones mentioned so far would be a pretty lengthy pub crawl, with a lot of crawling and not many pubs.
    The Fox Inn, Fleur-de-Lys and Cloven Hoof could all be done in a day.

It'd be better to do a Torchwood pub crawl in Cardiff. There would be at least half a dozen to visit there.

The King's Arms in Roupell Street (SE1, near where I used to work) is briefly seen on screen in Remembrance of the Daleks, along with most of the surrounding streets and that ITV warehouse that they used for Radcliffe's yard (in Theed Street).

They also drive passed a pub when they are in the van in episode 1 (I think). I think it's in Hammersmith or near by. it's on that Doctor Who locations website. I would link to it but I don't think my work PC will let me do website links - it's a bit funny like that!!!

Having said they don't enter of these pubs in the stories so I don't know if that counts or not!!!

Is this the site you mean Andrew?

http://www.doctorwholocations.net/

Quote Originally Posted by Logo Polish View Post
    Bugger, you're right, must have missed that one. Soz, Stu.
    Altogether now...

Pay attention 007!

Do coffee bars count? I think the Doctor & Jamie are seen in The Tricolour in Evil of the Daleks?

Pip Madeley Guest

There's a pub in "Doctor Who and the Echoes of the Protii".

And a ye olde pub in "Doctor Who's Magical History Tour".

Not forgetting The Croxley Arms in Soap of Fatal Death.

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Pip Madeley Guest

You'd think we liked going to pubs wouldn't you.

A dream Doctor Who adventure would be set entirely within a series of pubs, as the Doctor defeats various evil menaces over a few pints. Perhaps it could all be in Brentford, a-la Robert Rankin

I'll be going to a pub in Brentford on Thursday - in fact so will Andrew cos he's gigging there. Roger Limb's played there and Peter Miles has sung there - does that qualify it as a Doctor Who pub?

Rob - Who's going to go create the "Which Doctor would win in a pub brawl?" poll then?
    We ride tornadoes. We eat tomatoes.

Ace checks for her friends in a pub in part 1 of Survival - can't remember the name, but it's next door to Hale 'n' Pace's Kwik-E-Mart.

And the seventh Doctor and Ace, are they sat outside a pub at the start of Silver Nemesis when they're listening to Coutney Cox playing Sax?

I suppose technically speaking the bar on Iceworld where the Doctor meets Ace was a bar - although it wouldn't be easy to fit it in on a pub crawl.