Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Wow, well done Steve - the only question is, will it be published as 'by Steven Alexander' or 'by Rob McCow'? Either way, though, really hearty congratulations, I'm really pleased for you. I bet it's been a real struggle keeping shtoom on that this past week hasn't it.

Congratulations. That's an amazing acheivement.
    I’m being extremely clever up here and there’s no one to stand around looking impressed! What’s the point in having you all?

Congrats Steve!

Thanks very much everybody!

I hope you all enjoy the story when you get to read it...

In September 2008!!!

They could make a whole series of Doctor Who in that time! Although I appreciate this book was injected into BF's schedules unexpectedly.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

WhiteCrow Guest

Well done Steve.

Excellent work Steve - I'm very happy for you!!!

Nice one McCow!

As for the stories that didn't make it, if you send them to me at paulmonk@planetskaro.org.uk we'll get them put up on the site.

congratulations, Steve!

Ant x

Watchers in the Fourth Dimension: A Doctor Who Podcast
    Three Americans and a Brit attempt to watch their way through the entirety of Doctor Who
    ----
    Latest Episode: The WOTAN Clan, discussing The War Machines
    Available on iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, and Podbean
    Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter at @watchers4d

Well done especially to Violet Addison, Dann Chinn, James C McFetridge, Einar Olgeirsson and Bernard O'Toole.

And a big cow-ngratulations to you, Steve!

Well done Steve yes and to all

my story ran like this:

The Doctor flew his tardis by a black hole - Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and then he went to the Dinosaurs age and went round a triceratops - Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and then he went to the future where there was flying humans and flew round a big fat man - Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!

and then he went back to Earth and had a nice cup of tea.

I'm still waiting to see how I did in the competition. Held up in the post I expect.
    A revolution without dancing, isn't one worth having

Funnily enough, that's almost exactly the same as Robert Holmes' original synopsis for The Talons of Weng Chiang.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Congratulermerations, Steve! What incredible news!

It's been a fair old wait, but a draft proof of the BF Short Story Collection "How The Doctor Changed My Life" has been sent round. I've had a chance to read some of the other stories apart from mine - and they're excellent! A lot of them have been re-edited and tidied up since they were submitted and they've all been substantially improved.

The book should be released around September this year! Anyone thinking of buying a copy?

Quote Originally Posted by Rob McCow View Post
    The book should be released around September this year! Anyone thinking of buying a copy?
    I will, so that I can (a) Annoy you at the Nov meet by asking you to sign it, and where do you get you ideas from, and boring you with my ace idea for when the 10 Doctors have to team up and fight the amalgamated remains of the Time Lords fused with the Bandrils and (b) Read it on the train home mummbling bitterly to myself about how my story was SO much better than most of them that won
    Bazinga !

Read it on the train home mummbling bitterly to myself about how my story was SO much better than most of them that won

I've done that with a few competitions in the past, I can tell you! To be fair, I've always thought that some were better than mine, but then there are some others that make me think 'How the heel did they let that one in there?!?!?' :guns

I'm hoping to get a copy of this one, definitely. I greatly enjoyed Return of the Quarks back in... well, whenever that was (2002?3?); and of course The Christmas Gnomes. So I'm really looking forward to more of Steve's stuff. Is there any more of the unicycling seventh Doctor in the short story?