Thread: Sheffield 1991

Default Sheffield 1991

I hope you enjoy these EXCLUSIVE and astounding pics

I think this was 1991 (or 1990). Mary Tamm decided she was too good to sit with Nicola Bryant, Sophie Aldred, JN-T and Mark Ayres (well can't argue with the last one) and so had to sit on her own with a smug looking minder. I only took 6 or 7 pictures, and the others were just a pile of Target books and some bloke in a Tom Baker costume.

Pip Madeley Guest

Mark Ayres looks the same as he does now.

WhiteCrow Guest

I don't remember this. It definitely wasnt the 1990 one.

Are you accusing me of faking it

Great pics Zbig. I demand more!

Tamm looks extra glam in those shots.

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Wayne Guest

Quote Originally Posted by SiHart View Post
    Tamm looks extra glam in those shots.
    Yes, i demand much larger resolution scans!

I don't think it would make any difference really as the original pictures aren't that sharp anyway. I think the camera dates from the 60s or 70s

As for more pics, well unless you want some bloke in a 4th Doctor costume and a pile of Target books I wouldn't get your hopes up

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteCrowUK View Post
    I don't remember this. It definitely wasnt the 1990 one.
    The rest of the film definitely dates from 1991, but these were the first pics on there and I could easily have left the camera sitting around for a year. But as far as I recall there was a signing event two years running. They had similar guests, except the first one had Colin Baker and David Banks as well, but no Mary Tamm. As far as I remember the first one was lots of fun and had a great atmosphere, and the second one was just held in some big spartan hall and nobody bothered staying long.

Wow, Sheffield in 1991 - my early years in Sheffield (though blissfully unaware of the visitation here)
    Creator of Doctor WHeasel and sometime political radical

As for more pics, well unless you want some bloke in a 4th Doctor costume and a pile of Target books I wouldn't get your hopes up
    Its not you in the 4th Doctor costume is it?

WhiteCrow Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Zbigniev Hamson View Post
    The rest of the film definitely dates from 1991, but these were the first pics on there and I could easily have left the camera sitting around for a year. But as far as I recall there was a signing event two years running. They had similar guests, except the first one had Colin Baker and David Banks as well, but no Mary Tamm. As far as I remember the first one was lots of fun and had a great atmosphere, and the second one was just held in some big spartan hall and nobody bothered staying long.
    The one in 1990 was great (I was there) and held in the Sheffield Polytechnic - the stars were Colin Baker, Nicola Bryant, Sophie Aldred and David Banks (plugging his book). It was indeed a great atmos, I remember there being a lot of fans who'd brought in their own costumes - so lots of Cybermen and a couple of Daleks. I also met up with some people I knew through a Doctor Who group and the Sheffield Poly sci fi group "Moontrapped".

I went home in the same carrage as Sophie Aldred (he fee obviously not including 1st class ticket). I was too painfully shy to say hi outside of the hall. But she was talking to a couple of people saying a new series was definitely going to happen. Wrong Sophie!

I used to go to Moontrapped. I met Kinggoose there!

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteCrowUK View Post
    But she was talking to a couple of people saying a new series was definitely going to happen. Wrong Sophie!
    Maybe she was talking about 2005

WhiteCrow Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Zbigniev Hamson View Post
    Maybe she was talking about 2005
    She was planning to be in it!

She still has time

WhiteCrow Guest

"Ace - I told you not to look into the heart of the Tardis - now look at you!"

I loved those Sheffield Space Centre events.

It's odd, but through meeting Doctors Colin Baker and Sylvester McCoy - they are such wonderfully nice, and warm people you find yourself looking for reasons to like their stories.

For similar reasons I find myself finding reasons to dislike Tom Bakers stories.