Default Brief Encounters 08

Calling all forum users!
    Its time for you to get your creative juices flowing again.
    We’re looking for more contributors to a new run of Brief Encounters short stories.
    They’re great fun, quite short and require a good bit of imagination. They are in fact perfect for you creative lot. You could even knock one out in your lunch hour (Steady!)
    For those unfamiliar with Brief Encounters, they appeared in older issues of DWM. The idea was that you wrote a short story in which two or more elements from unconnected Doctor Who stories met each other or where a story’s character is expanded on or a short piece about a character’s life post or pre meeting the Doctor.
    To refresh your memory and see what has been done before, take a look at the previous ones in the Fan Fiction section of the website.
    http://www.planetskaro.org.uk/creati...briefindex.php

So fancy having a go?
    Good stuff. Stories should be about 500 words and can be set at any point in the whole Doctor Who universe (inc books, audios, films…it doesn’t matter).
    Remember keep them short and snappy. The key word is “Encounter”.

When you’ve done, email them to me at paulmonk@planetskaro.org.uk making sure you put “Brief Encounter” in the subject line.

If you have any longer pieces of fiction, which you feel don’t fit the Brief Encounters bill, then we’d still like to see them as these can go up outside of the Brief Encounters section. Just mark the subject line “Fiction” and send to the same email address.

Thanks

WhiteCrow Guest

You should still have the story I submitted in '07 Paul.

Check your inbox, Paul.

Cheers.

Mike, if you could send your story again I'd appreciate it. It'll be quicker than going through all my emails.

Thanks

WhiteCrow Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Monk View Post
    Mike, if you could send your story again I'd appreciate it. It'll be quicker than going through all my emails.
    I'm afraid you'll have to go through your emails Paul - the machine I wrote it on "died" so I lost everything I'd not backed up ... That would include my story.

I think you've only had a grand total of about 4 emails from me in your life - shouldn't be too difficult for even the most IT challenged!

Have only just seen this thread - must have been on holiday at the time.

Paul, I think you still have 2 BEs from me (Having Second Thoughts, and Turning Point), and my short story entry.

If you need me to send any of them again, please let me know.
    Bazinga !

Yes I still have them Jon.

I need more though everyone!

WhiteCrow Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Monk View Post
    Yes I still have them Jon.
    And yet you claimed mine got deleted from your laptop by your wife in a drunken stupor!

Yours did. Jon's were on my works pc. Anyway I've saved yours in hundreds of places now so shush!

WhiteCrow Guest

I have to say, "Brief Encouters" sounds like the kind of Sarah-Jane/Donna slash I was reading in the Temple of Secrets recently.