Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

30 pages of the Runaway Bride? That's more pages than there was plot!

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Clement View Post
    30 pages of the Runaway Bride? That's more pages than there was plot!
    It's actually 18 on The Runaway Bride, 6 on Torchy and 6 on Sarah Jane - the 30 page figure is the total for these three features combined.

It's not a bad issue. Not nearly as mind numbing as last years look at the Christmas special was, which is nice. The Torchwood and Sarah Jane Adventures bits were nice.

The Time Team were predictably not enamoured of this month's stories.

There was nothing from me this month you'll be pleased to hear!

Oh and next issue its Doctor Who Meets Scratchman! They've found a script! Oh my!

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Oh and next issue its Doctor Who Meets Scratchman! They've found a script! Oh my!
    Crikey - oh my is right!! That should make for an interesting read if nothing else.

The flippin' Time Team - surely at least Clay and the ever-gorgeous Jac are about our age aren't they? They should at least have some nostalgic fondness for the JN-T era - so far it's been praise for Kinda and Earthshock, and the rest has been pretty much dismissed as rubbish.

Clayton is about to turn 30 - in a recent editorial he did mention how scary he found The Awakening at age 7.

I haven't had this issue yet - it's the first time my subscription hasn't arrived before the release date for a long, long time!

Mine hasn't turned up either, Jonno, so maybe it's a subscription thingy.

So Clay's 29 - now, that does make me feel old, when the editor of DWM is a young wee thing.

I guess the subscriptions were always likely to be held up by the festive period regarding postal deliveries.

And it's bad enough being older than the DWM editor, but another thing altogether to be older than the Doctor, as I am!

Heaven help us if Pip really does become the Doctor! The first Doctor to be barely out of romper suits - the rest of us really will be thinking this way to the Sanatogen!
    Last edited by Stuart Wallis; 4th Jan 2007 at 2:57 PM.

I bought my copy today - it looks quite good. I may even read it before the end of the year...

Dave, who's just been reading issue 373's review of the most recent episode, 'Love & Monsters'....

I think John Barrowman's Out of the Tardis must be the rudest ever!

Is it just me, or is anybody else getting fed up hearing & reading how uncomfortable the Empress costume was? Surely that might just be a bit of poor design-work, in which case I wouldn't go advertising the fact - ditto last year's Ood masks, which were so well designed that the actors couldn't see out of them. No offence to the clever people involved, but don't they ever think about the practicalities of what they're making beforehand?

Moan moan mumble grumble whine whinge...

And don't even get me started on the Time Team!!

It's reassuring to me that some things haven't changed since they almost killed that actor playing the Cyberman when his mask caught fire and the clever design had ensured it was nailed onto him!

And does anyone else ever look back and feel ashamed of what they did to Kevin Lindsay given his heart condition?!

Si.

And does anyone else ever look back and feel ashamed of what they did to Kevin Lindsay given his heart condition?!

No. Why should we? TV acting isn't like the military where orders is orders. No-one forced Lindsay into the Sontaran costume. He knew he had a heart condition, they knew he had a heart condition. Hell, in publicity photos for The Time Warrior he is smoking! And even after that he came back the following year to do it all again on a location that involved clambering around over rocks and hills. They redesigned the mask and helmet for The Sontaran Experiment precisely because of his health, and according to the recollections of those involved on the DVD release, had people running his lunch up and down to him so as not to make him overdo it going up and down to the trailer between filming sessions.

Your question makes it sound like they drafted him in and forced him into a situation that was bad for his health. Well he was free to leave, and he certainly didn't have to come back to do it again if he was that worried about his health.

It was said with tongue in cheek Jason, I wasn't being serious.

Si.

In that case, Si, I apologise. The joy of textual communication: easily misinterpreted. Sorry.

That's alright my dear, I forgive you.

Si.

Aw thanks. You're swell.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Curnow View Post
    I think John Barrowman's Out of the Tardis must be the rudest ever!

!!
    but it was hilarious though - I was sitting reading it and was half thinking surely DWM can't print things like like that -.

but that's what you get with Barrowman, he has a wonderfull schoolboy like sence of humour that you just can't help laughing at..

Don't like that gimp they've got on the cover of Issue 379:

Quote Originally Posted by DWM Press Release
    Doctor Who Magazine - Issue #379

Grab your popcorn, take your seats and discover the story of the lost Doctor Who movie - in the new issue of Doctor Who Magazine!

Find out what connects killer scarecrows, a giant game of pinball, the Daleks, and, er, Vincent Price, as DWM charts the incredible story behind the unmade motion picture - with insightful comments from writers Tom Baker and Ian Marter, as well as a full and detailed plot synopsis, and some beautiful new illustrations from artist Brian Williamson.

Also this issue, Helen Raynor talks exclusively about her new Doctor Who episode, Daleks in Manhattan; The Fact of Fiction uncovers Fourth Doctor classic Image of the Fendahl; and the Tenth Doctor and the Brigadier find themselves in the thick of the battle in Part 2 of their new comic strip adventure, The Warkeeper's Crown.

Plus! The first three Doctors are plucked out of their timestreams to solve Doctor Who's dating problems; Russell T Davies goes for a 3am walk around Cardiff Bay in Production Notes; and all the latest news, views and reviews from the worlds of Doctor Who.

DWM #379 goes on sale at newsagents from Thursday 1st February priced 3.99.

Not enough "classic series" content for this fanboy!
    Last edited by Pip Madeley; 25th Jan 2007 at 7:14 PM.

What a great cover, it's an absolutely lovely pic!!

Ooh, is that a new picture of Tom we've never seen before? I know I certainly haven't. How exciting!

It's not one I've ever seen either, and it looks great. There we go, our first old series cover for over two years.

Looks like being a great issue.

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

wonderfull fantastic cover it's been a very long time since the Great Man graced the cover of DWM..

Who'd have thought a "Scratchman" script would turn up. I wonder if it's a fake?

Where's that pic come from too? Is it an out-take from one of the greetings card sessions?

That Dalek is photoshopped on, look at the eyestalk. Notice a snatch of Freeyma in case yer New Series Kiddies are confused about what magazine it is without Ten-inch on the cover.

Si.

Pip Madeley Guest

I'm hoping the next issue's cover has a photo of John & Carol from The Sensorites.