Page 5 of 41 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

The Sun were quick at spotting this one on OG. Only about two weeks late this time:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2...080123,00.html

I'm disgusted to my fanboy core.

My son won't be reading it in future!

That Robert Mitchell sounds like a fun guy. His gay sounding name and comments are a disgrace! He's from bloody Brighton as well.

Pip Madeley Guest

Details of DWM #380:

DWM Starts the Countdown to Series Three

This issue, producers Julie Gardner and Phil Collinson are given a grilling - not by DWM, but by their own colleagues! Find out whether Michael Sheen is going to be the Eleventh Doctor, why Julie Gardner's windows have been nailed shut, and what the bathrooms are like in the TARDIS.

Meanwhile David Tennant asks Phil and Julie... "Are the Zarbi coming back?" "Phil, you'd better take that one!" laughs Julie. " Well, we have agonised, actually, whether or not to bring back the Zarbi." Phil replies. "Which ones were the Zarbi?" asks Julie. "The Zarbi were in a story [The Web Planet] in like 1965 or something," Phil explains. "They were great big giant ants, which were actually ballet dancers in black tights, with a fibreglass ant on top of them. They would look rather marvellous in colour, it's true to say, but I can exclusively reveal that we are not going to be bringing back the Zarbi, I'm sorry David. He's lobbied hard for them, but we just think they're going to be too frightening for young children." Perhaps they could feature in Torchwood? "Yes, I'll take them!" pipes up Julie. "Phil, hand me your Zarbi!"

Also this issue, there's a full preview of Episode 1, Smith and Jones, with brand new photographs and information on the Doctor's first meeting with medical student Martha Jones. Meanwhile, their alter egos David Tennant and Freema Agyeman record vocals for the new Doctor Who cartoon, and have a go at drawing themselves exclusively for DWM. The Infinite Quest is given a full preview, with design drawings and exclusive backstage photos andinterviews.

Plus: Doctor Who's longest-serving crewmember, director Graeme Harper, tells DWM about bringing back the Cybermen, working with six different Doctors,
    and what's in store for his two latest episodes, 42 and Utopia; former series script editor Terrance Dicks chats about his new novel Made of Steel and gives his views on the return of Doctor Who; writer Stephen Greenhorn gives a few hints about his new episode The Lazarus Experiment; and the Black Guardian and Turlough answer questions in the Matrix Data Bank.

Meanwhile the end of the world approaches, as the Doctor and the Brigadier try to stop the invasion of Upper Wardleswick in the devastating final part of the new comic strip, The Warkeeper's Crown. Who will survive the final battle?

On top of all this, there's a FREE Doctor Who CD from Big Finish Productions, all the latest reviews in Off the Shelf, a Space Cake in Production Notes, and more exclusive news in Gallifrey Guardian - including three new episode titles, and one very important piece of information which was all true and correct when we went to press, but is, um, not actually true and correct anymore. And it's printed on four different pages. See if you can spot it...

DWM 380 is on sale from Thursday 1 March 2007, priced 3.99.
    The important info is that the new series will now debut on March 31st, as opposed to the 24th.

So is that a definite 31st?

Another question - Graeme Harper, six Doctors? Davison, CBaker, Tennant, obviously; he was heavily involved in Warriors Gate, so that's TBaker, but... who are the other two?

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Curnow View Post
    According to Oh Gee it is, yes.

I saw the new issue in Victoria station today. Cool! I didn't even buy it.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Curnow View Post

Another question - Graeme Harper, six Doctors? Davison, CBaker, Tennant, obviously; he was heavily involved in Warriors Gate, so that's TBaker, but... who are the other two?
    Apparently he was a floor assistant for The Power Of The Daleks,
    and an assistant floor manager for Colony In Space, Planet Of The Daleks and Planet Of The Spiders, so there's your other two. His was also one of the faces seen in the mind bending contest in The Brain Of Morbius.

Thanks Jason, I never realised he'd been around that long!!

Pip Madeley Guest

Well he was only 21 (my age) when he worked on 'Power'...

... it's nice that he's worked on both shows, he deserved to n' all.

Mine came today, and it's quite a nice cover - Tennant's looking mean 'n' moody, and Freema's hair is looking much nicer than we've seen it before!! Shame the date has moved, as this issue is clearly gearing up to the new series. Ah well, never mind.

I had a quick flick through, and although closer examination may prove me wrong, it looks like the Time Team may have actually enjoyed watching something from the 1980s. If that's not a scoop, I don't know what is!

Crikey! It won't last long though. Terminus is next on their list.

I have a copy now! Si will be pleased.

Haven't had a chance to look at it yet, but it's definetly not got a Dalek on the cover.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Wayne was appalled!

Pip Madeley Guest

Courtesy of Oh Gee:

One of the best DWM covers ever, I ask?

Best ever? I thought it was as bland as brown paper.

Pip Madeley Guest

TARDIS + sexy space background = Pip likes.

Yes if only they'd stamp a random picture of the Doctor and his companion outside the TARDIS on the front more often!

What's on that CD? Is it some kind of exciting new adventure?

Si.

No new adventure, sadly. It's trailers for BF (actually advertising some of the really good plays of late) and some very entertaining interviews with 4 Doctor Whos. So it's actually better than a new adventure!

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip Madeley View Post
    Courtesy of Oh Gee:

One of the best DWM covers ever, I ask?
    Its another example of how real science is being deliberately flouted by the New Series.
    If that's the Earth in the background with the Sun peaking round the edge of it, then the TARDIS should be casting a black shadow away from the Sun, straight over the Doctor and Martha. It's enough to start all those Moon landing fake photo conspiracies all over again !!

Bazinga !

Ooh I can't wait for me to pick up that great CD and hear some Big Finish trailers.

Si.

Ooh yes, these are the bestest trailers in the world! If you've not heard the 8th Doctor/Lucie plays, and aren't likely to, then this is going to be very much a waste of time for you. Actually, apart from it being a good advert for BF, it's not really worth much to the average fan in terms of worthwhile content. The interviews just about save the CD, particularly hearing Peter enthusing over everything and Paul coming over all unneccessary about an old monster. For the sake of dramatic tension, I shan't reveal which one, but it's not Peter Purves. Could have heard a bit more from Colin. And whatever tablets Sylvester's on...

Pip Madeley Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Si Hunt
    Ooh I can't wait for me to pick up that great CD and hear some Big Finish trailers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart Wallis
    Ooh yes, these are the bestest trailers in the world!

This baby is off the charts!

I thought the cd was a little daft. Trailers for the BBC7 McGann plays which have all just finished being broadcast is a little pointless surely.
    Whay happened to the days when Big Finish would give us a cd of original playlets which you could listen to and then flog on ebay for a fortune a few months later on.
    No-one's going to buy this one.

Pip Madeley Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Monk View Post
    I thought the cd was a little daft. Trailers for the BBC7 McGann plays which have all just finished being broadcast is a little pointless surely
    Not really, they're still releasing them on CD.

3. Horror of Glam Rock
    March 2007
    by Paul Magrs
    4. Immortal Beloved
    April 2007
    by Jonathan
    Clements
    5. Phobos
    May 2007
    by Eddie Robson
    6. No More Lies
    June 2007
    by Paul Sutton
    7. Human Resources -
    Part 1
    July 2007
    by Eddie Robson
    8. Human Resources -
    Part 2
    August 2007
    by Eddie Robson

Give us a whole free play then. That would be a good gift. Or, even better, some free money.

Si.

I'd have thought most people will have heard them by now. Maybe not though.