Default The Apocalypse: What the HELL do we do?

In the event of the imminent destruction of mankind and/or civilisation as we know it, what would you do? (apart from take in the washing...)

Once plenty of people have voiced their opinions, we can formulate a plan to become MASTERS OF THE EARTH!
    For every fail, there is an equal and opposite win.

...Oh, who am I kidding?

If it's that imminent, I'm not sure there'd be much we could do.

They'd still have time to start a poll over on Digital Spy and Roobarb's.

WhiteCrow Guest

Wow what a very different world we live in.

When I was a teen in the 80s there was a feeling of inevitability about nuclear war - an apocalypse in anyones book. The film Wargames kind of sums up the mood perfectly.

At school the subject of nuclear war came up several times in lessons of physics, english literature and history. Generally our teachers told us a single strike on Great Britain would pretty much wipe us all out.

I of course being a young teen felt there was everything to live for, so tried to work out where would be best for a shelter in the house. But my parents and in line with my teachers said there was no point being prepared for it - if war was to come better to accept the instant death of the strike than the slow death of radioactive poisoning which would have followed.

I think kind of chillingly looking back on it, my parents had plans to kill me and my brother before taking their own lives if it came to it. Kind of dark days indeed - thank God it never came to that.

I think we live under many kind of threat today, and indeed many are of our own making, but there's more we can do about it. With nuclear war we could never really sway decisions in the White House or the Kremlin. With the ecological disasters we're looking at, we can all play our part at averting it, we we want to and encouraging others to make a similar stand.

My army of lizard men are spread across the globe in readiness - you blind fools can do what you like, but it will avail you nothing !!
    Bazinga !

Pip Madeley Guest

Apocalypse will be in 9/8...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnvDwfZJpVs

You knows it.

666 is no longer alone!

Watchers in the Fourth Dimension: A Doctor Who Podcast
    Three Americans and a Brit attempt to watch their way through the entirety of Doctor Who
    ----
    Latest Episode: The WOTAN Clan, discussing The War Machines
    Available on iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, and Podbean
    Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter at @watchers4d

666 is actually a translation error & the actual number is 616. (Thank you Q.I.)

Apocalypse is more likely to hit us these days as an accident from a biological weapons lab/repository. And in that instance only those vaccinated against it or those with natural immunity would survive.
    In that case there's very little you could do. You'd either die or have to scavenge to live.