Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Default Survival released on DVD!

I understand the latest DWM has confirmed that Survival is due out on DVD in March 2007.

As Perry Vale's not here at the moment, I'll just do a on his behalf.

Aye, well, hmmm....

However much Steve Roberts tried to make out this wasn't being released, I think it's been pretty obvious for a little while now.

Looking forward to the Ainley links from 'Destiny Of The Doctors'.

So, Time Meddler in April then?
    Last edited by Perry Vale; 6th Dec 2006 at 11:47 AM.
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

Pip Madeley Guest

Roberts is a cunning sod. He said on OG there was absolutely no plans for Survival in 2007.

The liar.

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip Madeley View Post
    Roberts is a cunning sod. He said on OG there was absolutely no plans for Survival in 2007.

The liar.
    Really? I can't see where he said that??
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

No extras are confirmed yet, but there should be more details in the next DWM.

Good choice though. I'm very fond of this story.

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

He words things sneakily. He probably said "we arn't working on Survival for 2007" or something, because they'd finished it.

I hope we get Search Out Science, Dark Dimension synopsis and featurette, cancellation, etc. etc. But I bet we don't.

Si.

Too right. There's tonnes of stuff that needs covering in the first wilderness years between Survival and The "TeeVee Mayovie". I bet we get:
    - An interview with Hale, but not Pace
    - A documentary with an hilarious '*****' pun, about the cat special effects and costumes
    - The original ending without the voiceover
    - Perivale Then and Now
    - Animals in Doctor Who, a run down on all the live animal appearances
    - Free giant cat claw and scary cat-eye contact lenses in a presentation case.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Wayne Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Rob McCow View Post
    - A documentary with an hilarious '*****' pun, about the cat special effects .
    A what pun? (bloody filter!)

That would be the affectionate term for cat that begins with "P".

Mrs.Slocombe's little friends! Although she'd have a hard time posting here.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Wayne Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Rob McCow View Post
    That would be the affectionate term for cat that begins with "P".

Mrs.Slocombe's little friends! Although she'd have a hard time posting here.
    I should've guessed shouldn't i? How thick am i?

Pip Madeley Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Perry Vale View Post
    Really? I can't see where he said that??
    Well, he didn't quite say it wouldn't be on DVD next year, I misunderstood that, but he said:

"Guys, you are trying far too hard. I'm not trying to be sneaky, I'm not trying to be devious or clever, I'm just telling you straight that we haven't recorded a commentary with Sylv, Soph or indeed Lisa for any stories other than their respective contributions to 'Remembrance', 'Ghost Light' and 'Fenric'. I don't know why anyone is saying otherwise, but that's the simple fact. I fully expect to include at least Sylv and Soph in the commentary when we do record it, but that will be sometime in the future. It hasn't happened."

So they haven't recorded the commentary yet?

Who knows? Early next year or something? When did he say that?

Si.

Seems odd to release another season 26 story when there's nothing from season 24 and only one from season 25 out.

The cover disgusts me.

Not yet.

Well, Lisa Bowerman hasn't......

Perhaps they're waiting to see how the fans cope with the commentary first, eh?

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Well, he didn't quite say it wouldn't be on DVD next year, I misunderstood that, but he said:

"Guys, you are trying far too hard. I'm not trying to be sneaky, I'm not trying to be devious or clever, I'm just telling you straight that we haven't recorded a commentary with Sylv, Soph or indeed Lisa for any stories other than their respective contributions to 'Remembrance', 'Ghost Light' and 'Fenric'. I don't know why anyone is saying otherwise, but that's the simple fact. I fully expect to include at least Sylv and Soph in the commentary when we do record it, but that will be sometime in the future. It hasn't happened."

Well no - as per the quote from Sophie on OG they were going to be recording a commentary for Survival (It was due some weeks ago however Sylv wasn't available). It just seems some people didn't read it properly and assumed the recording was done; thus even if the recording was today Steve would have been correct in saying they had not done it yesterday.

The only other thing which was muddying the waters was Bowerman's comment that she had done a commentary (past tense), but she could well have got commentary and interview confused....
    Your people? Your people??? They are MY people now!

re: the commentary - oh, lord knows! I guess we'll find out when details are officially released.

I'm glad that Survival is being released, and I hope that we get all the best extras they could possibly provide us with!

Ant x

Watchers in the Fourth Dimension: A Doctor Who Podcast
    Three Americans and a Brit attempt to watch their way through the entirety of Doctor Who
    ----
    Latest Episode: The WOTAN Clan, discussing The War Machines
    Available on iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, and Podbean
    Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter at @watchers4d

Quote Originally Posted by Perry Vale View Post
    Aye, well, hmmm....

However much Steve Roberts tried to make out this wasn't being released, I think it's been pretty obvious for a little while now.

?

when DWM announced they were running a fans compotition for the next MCCoy release all though they did not say which one it would be they ran it with a photo of The Doctor and Ace that was clearly from Survival..

But's it's now been several years since the last Mccoy release so one is long over due and I'm more than happy it's Survival..

Though it's funny Anthony Ainley is like buses we wait 4 years to get one then 4 of them all come allong at once..

I'll buy it and stick it on my shelf for a couple of years. I need to build up to watching it though, as it's on the wrong side of crap.

Wayne Guest

I might actually buy this one. Maybe. It's borderline!

If they're doing a fan commentary, they should release some gas into the recording studio. That would sound cool.

Although I'd just as soon see a season 24 release, if only for a bit of variety, I'm quite happy to hear that "Survival" is coming out. (Presumably, as mentioned above, this will be the one with a 'fan commentary' on it - so I guess none of us won the comp then, chaps?)

An Ainley Master overview would be nice on "Survival", being his last story; and I wonder now whether in fact one was originally planned for the "Return of the Master" boxset, but then moved to "Survival" (which may explain the change of name for the boxset?). It would be quite nice, since the TVM is already out, to have some kind of extra on 'the wilderness years' - nothing too long perhaps, but something on what happened to Doctor Who after "Survival" aired.

BTW, I think I'm right in saying that it's exactly 17 years ago today that the very last episode of "Survival" was transmitted. It really doesn't seem that long, does it.

It's the right side of crap for me. And as I haven't bought a Dr Who DVD in at least a year I ought to address that.

Besides, Ace and McCoy are my favourite Dr & Companion pair!
    Assume you're going to Win
    Always have an Edge

It's a bit meh for me, not one I watch often. I'll be buying it though as always. Worth it for Adele Silva's cameo!