Default Hinchcliffe Horror [Chiswick, London / 8th February 2009]

HINCHCLIFFE HORROR
    THE TABARD THEATRE
    SUNDAY 8TH FEBRUARY 2009

The name Philip Hinchcliffe is synonymous with some of Doctor Who's all-time classic serials. During his three years as producer he oversaw such classics as Terror Of The Zygons, Pyramids Of Mars, The Seeds Of Doom and the incomparable Talons Of Weng-Chiang to name just a few.

As the late Mary Whitehouse was quick to note, these stories leant very heavily towards the horror element, so it is with great pleasure that Fantom Films brings you this event celebrating the "Hinchcliffe Horror" era of Doctor Who! From the wastelands of Skaro to the home-grown home counties plant eating terrors of modern day England onto the foggy mysticism of Victorian London, join us as we look back at a truly magical era of Doctor Who!

Doors will open at 11.30am, and the first panel will start at 12 noon, with the usual mixture of interviews, autographs and photo opportunities.

NEW GUEST ANNOUNCEMENT

...and as befitting an event called Hinchcliffe Horror we are very proud to announce our first guest is Philip Hinchcliffe himself, making a rare convention appearance!

SPECIAL OFFER

Purchase a ticket during September, and receive two autograph vouchers worth £10 absolutely free!

Each ticket includes TWO FREE autographs per GUEST, with extra signatures charged at only £5 each. Tickets are strictly limited to 50, so book early to avoid disappointment.

www.fantomfilms.co.uk

Pip Madeley Guest

Ooh! A chance to meet the great man himself!

I'm turning into a right Who luvvie...

Will the Krynoid be signing autographs?
    For every fail, there is an equal and opposite win.

...Oh, who am I kidding?

Yes.

Is there legs in Judith "plate of kippers an'a cuppa rosie" Lloyd from "Doctor Who and The Foe From The Future"?

She was touted for the "Talons" DVD signing at Tenth Planet during the H & Clare period of 2003 but mysteriously wasn't there on the day.

Some recently added guests...

TREVOR BAXTER
    Professor Litefoot
    'The Talons of Weng-Chiang'

JUDITH PARIS
    Eldrad
    'The Hand of Fear'

ROGER MURRAY-LEACH
    Designer
    "Doctor Who" credits include: 'The Ark in Space', 'The Sontaran Experiment', 'Revenge of the Cybermen', 'Planet of Evil', 'The Seeds of Doom', 'The Deadly Assassin' and 'The Talons of Weng-Chiang'.

JOHN BLOOMFIELD
    Costume Designer
    "Doctor Who" credits include: 'The Face of Evil', 'Robots of Death' and 'The Talons of Weng-Chiang'.

Quote Originally Posted by jedikiah View Post

TREVOR BAXTER
    Professor Litefoot
    'The Talons of Weng-Chiang'
    England's peerless premier professor of pathology ? My place is booked, sir !!
    Bazinga !

This is happening on my birthday so hopefully I'll book a ticket to celebrate.

Pip Madeley Guest

If you're up for it you could be a helper, Dex might need people

Pip Madeley Guest

I'm very impressed to discover:

and

are both attending this!

Aww, really wish I could go to this.

Art thou busy then?!

Nope, a) Tickets are all sold, b) I have no idea where this thing is.

The time is nearly upon us - so which PS notables will I be able to get autographs from tomorrow ?

Actually, I've realised I can't think where I carefully stored the ticket back in November ......
    Bazinga !

Hope you all enjoy it today. Sorry we couldn't be there.

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

to P-Bal and Dexter for another excellent event. All the guests were on good form - Martin 'Styggron' Friend was excellently cheeky, Stephen Thorne a delight just to listen to his voice (and impromptu Azal acting), Dennis Chinnery seemed genuinely pleased to be there, PCs David McKail and Conrad Asquith gave great accounts of Talons from the other side as it were, and RBS and Philip H spoke of their time on DW with huge enthusiasm as if it were just yesterday.

John Bloomfield and Christine Ruscoe gave great stories of their DW work (amazing considering how long ago, and how much more they have done since). The highlight was Messrs Litefooot and Jago - Trevor and Chris had such a wicked panel and so mercilessly ribbed each other that they brought the house down.

And well done to Si, Simon and Pip for coping so well with the hordes of people wanting 30 odd things signed each time !!
    (I'm sure the others will have lots of lovely piccies to put up sometime)
    Bazinga !

A somewhat bizarre experience as usual. I missed the Benjamin/Baxter panel but when they emerged backstage they were bantering away like Lifefoot and Jago! "Oh when will I see you again old chap?", "March I think!", "Oh that will be fun!". There were strange moments as usual like leaving and waving Christopher Benjamin goodbye as he stood sheltering in the rain, and suddenly finding myself nursing Phillip Hinchcliffe's half-drunk cup of tea! Odd.

But a really, really tiring day today. The tube's were a nightmare and it rained all the way home. We're all knackered right now!

Si.

I'm delighted to hear you had a good (if strange) time! Sounds like a cracking event.

I'm sure Who and Them will be fantastic too!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Pip Madeley Guest

I forgot to take my camera but I did take a couple of pics on my phone:

Mr Sin!

Si Hunt licking the rim of Mr Hinchcliffe's half-drunk cup of tea. It is said that those who lick his rim will reap a whirlwind.

Has it been frozen and put on eBay yet?

Sorry to anyone I didn't speak to, I'm fairly sure I saw Jon but didn't say hey, which I will do next time! The new venue is a paradise in comparrison, hurrah. And we have Dame Manning too!

Thank you everyone for attending and helping, it's much appreciated!