Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by SiHart View Post
    TIM's voice is lovely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyder View Post
    It's so soothing and sensual!
    Why thank you!

I do get the feeling that the writers' most important goal each week is to see how many times the male leads can take their tops off - not that I mind, of course...

It does feel like that, doesn't it? Thank goodness the 70s series wasn't like that!

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Ha ha of course it wasn't :-) I'm thinking of the first few seconds of "A Man For Emily" for some reason...

THE MOMMA!

THE DAVISON IN BUDGIE SMUGGLERS!

Just to say I really enjoyed last night's episode but won't say any more in case anyone is playing catch-up

The jaunt is over - it's been cancelled:-( What a shame - despite its very earnest tone, I'm rather enjoying this series with all it's intriguing plot twists (still got about 4 eps left to watch)

I am still enjoying it but the consistently violent tone really isn't in keeping with either of the previous incarnations of the series (or the brilliant BF audios which managed to be more mature without embracing sex and violence). Whilst I hope it doesn't end with an unresolved cliffhanger I certainly won't be signing the online petition for CW to recommission it!

I won't be signing any online petition either. The ending was predictable & the Founders plan was ludicrous in the extreme.
    What was the plan after killing all the Humans? Living in squalor until he gets the numbers up to run the electricity power plants?
    The numbers of breakouts that were shown in the Manhattan was about, lets be generous, 100 with trackers a few episodes ago?
    In an island of about 2 million. That makes the population of Homo-superior 0.005%.
    If they are to take over the world who's going to train them in all the modern requirements needed to survive? We're so industrialised that it's doubtful most people could survive without modern technology.

Sorry but the series was OK but I can't say I'm going to miss it. I'm glad S.H.I.E.L.D is coming back but not upset that this isn't.

Totally agree Tim. It was fun while it lasted but there were points were it really didn't seem to relate to the original concept of The Tomorrow People.
    I won't pretend that I didn't enjoy what the E4 announcer referred to last night as the regular "Topoffness" by the male characters which may have been what kept me watching but I'm glad most of the season 1 plot got wrapped up.
    I certainly don't care what happened to Natalie given that she appeared in the lair out of nowhere as a plot convenience a few episodes ago having not been around for most of the season and as nice as it was to see Tigh from Battlestar Galactica I've no interest in Jedikiah's new scheme involving John either.
    The occasional nods to the original series such as names of characters and writers, Nicholas Young's two episode cameo as the professor, and the fleeting appearance of the original theme tune in the episode where Roger was resurrected were too few and far between to compensate for the series' flaws. As far as I'm concerned the real John is still the one played on TV and audio by Nicholas Young

Just watched the last episode. The moment when that Joe 90-esque machine disappeared up its own ass was very telling of the series as a whole! It was a valiant attempt at a re-boot, but nah - it's the original series for me.

I've got them all on Sky+ but haven't watched them. Should I bother?
    I’m being extremely clever up here and there’s no one to stand around looking impressed! What’s the point in having you all?

I would suggest giving the first episode a try with the caveat that I suspect you may find it rather juvenile. As I said above it was fun while it lasted but even the last couple of seasons of The X-Files were better. I'm certainly not mourning its passing.

There were some good moments, a few great moments, but ultimately it was a wasted opportunity I think. Sad

Oh Lordy - what's going on here!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mike has just changed into a topless Hiawatha and has done a Jimmy Savile impression. I swear I'm not making this up.

Can't wait for the commentary on this one!

Heart of Sogguth
    Heart of Sogguth
    Heart of Sogguth
    Heart of Sogguth
    Heart of Sogguth
    Heart of Sogguth
    Heart of Sogguth
    Heart of Sogguth
    Heart of Sogguth
    Heart of Sogguth
    Heart of Sogguth

Just watched The Thargon Menace. I wish I hadn't! Maybe I should just watch Hitler's Last Secret again. What do you think Thing?

Coming to the end of the original series now. Hoorah for The Living Skins - one that I actually remember when it was first broadcast! Okay so the jumpsuits that come alive are a bit silly, and the ballboids look like massive boobs, but this genuinely scared me as a 9 year old, so it was nice to re-visit it

The Living Skins was a good one. I can't remember if you've got anything decent left in the series - I doubt it somehow :S
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

There's one four-parter left and that's it

Well that's it - all done for the original series I've had a blast (jaunt) watching them all and found the commentaries highly enjoyable (if a little slanderous!) Now that there's no new American TV series maybe Big Finish can get the licence back and reissue their stories again! After having read about them in the Jaunt! book I'm keen to take a listen.