View Poll Results: Do we care if Paul McGann is returning?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

13 59.09%
  • No

9 40.91%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Paul McGann set to return: Do we care?

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne View Post
    I don't think it will happen, because:

a) No-one outside of fandom gives a shit. Most won't even remember that Paul McGann once played Dr Who in some one off flop film spin off. (That's if they even know who he is at all. His profile hasn't exactly been high in the last decade)

b) Half of fandom doesn't give a shit either.
    Well, I think that the members of PS constitute a fair and evenly balanced cross-section of Doctor Who fandom, so let's see what everyone thinks, shall we?
    For every fail, there is an equal and opposite win.

...Oh, who am I kidding?

Pip Madeley Guest

Paul McGan set to return: Do we care?
    But Paul McGann isn't set to return.

If I may direct you to the Poll Question:

"Do We Care IF Paul McGann is set to return?"

Emphasis on the "if" there.

...Oh, who am I kidding?

Wayne Guest

Just ignore Pip, he's probably got a hangover.

Yeah, I give a monkeys.

If only to annoy certain swaths of people.
    Last edited by Dirk Gently; 14th Sep 2008 at 6:05 PM.

Yes i would like Mcgann to return, but then again i would want any of the doctor's incarnations to return because these types of stories i find entertaining. I dont see what all the fuss is about. Im sure their are alot of fans out their who share my opinion and would enjoy a new multi-Doctor story!
    ..."Kneel before the might of Sutekh! In my presence, you are an ant, a termite. Abase yourself, you grovelling insect!"...

Woo yeah! Tell it like it is!

The only down side is that it may just invalidate my "Time War" epic...

...Oh, who am I kidding?

I don't know that I really care if he came back, though it would be cool if he did I guess. I'd be interested in seeing Baysan's reaction. Would he finally admit the new series is canon, or would he claim that it still isn't becuase they didn't show Paul regenerate into Chris? Probably the latter.

I didn't vote. Not sure if the above constitutes "caring" or not.

Wayne Guest

I forgot about Baysan. Is he still around then?
    I now think they should bring McGann back so that i can enjoy his cool & awesome reaction.

Maybe not. I just checked his OG profile and it says last activity was February 2008...

Oh well.. Anyway, there is another guy on OG who uses this quote from Baysan as his signature:

Strictly Canon Baking:
    "I made a 40th Anniversary cake (I make a cake for Doctor Who on the anniversary day every year since 1998) & I had a bite of it before the day was over. It was a great day to be a fan."-Baysan Tulu
    I've always found it amusing, and this is as good a time as any to share it..

Wayne Guest

He sure is one enigmatic dude.

Pip Madeley Guest

"I made a 40th Anniversary cake (I make a cake for Doctor Who on the anniversary day every year since 1998) & I had a bite of it before the day was over. It was a great day to be a fan."-Baysan Tulu

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    Maybe not. I just checked his OG profile and it says last activity was February 2008...
    These days whenever he starts his anti new-series rhetoric, he usually gets laughed at, he then starts getting aggressive and complaining, the moderators step in and he skulks off.

Unless he's found a new home somewhere else, like Doctor Who Online...
    Your people? Your people??? They are MY people now!

I voted a big fat yes. I would love to see Paul McGann featured in some way in the new series That would be both cool and awesome!

Dave Lewis Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Baysan Tulu
    I made a 40th Anniversary cake (I make a cake for Doctor Who on the anniversary day every year since 1998) & I had a bite of it before the day was over. It was a great day to be a fan.
    I give up on any attempt to satirise this - Baysan transcends piss-taking.

Yes, it's hard to take the piss out of someone who seems to have got there first himself.

No.

I REALLY loathed that TV movie and McGann was too mehhhh in the role. It was disappointment of that, that kept me from watching the relaunch in 2005 for several months.

And as for revealing the Time War - it's so much better unexplained. I fear it'll go the way the Clone Wars did and take the wonderful, mysterious concept and stamp all life and soul out of it. (Even though I know that's something RTD would never do.)

There appears to be no option for the undecided, indecisive people of the world

WhiteCrow Guest

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernStar View Post
    And as for revealing the Time War - it's so much better unexplained. I fear it'll go the way the Clone Wars did and take the wonderful, mysterious concept and stamp all life and soul out of it. (Even though I know that's something RTD would never do.)
    I think you're right. In a way I'd like to see it, but only if it's done well.

It was great to see Gallifrey briefly in series 3. But you remember it too much being naff white plastic corridors in thr original series.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteCrowUK View Post
    I think you're right. In a way I'd like to see it, but only if it's done well.

I agree - I think flash backs - to the last few hours of the Time War, with a mentaly and physicaly battered Doctor in a kind of Genesis "do I have the right" moment as he agonises over destroying Gallifrey could work .

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
    There appears to be no option for the undecided, indecisive people of the world
    Just say you don't care one way or the other. That is what this poll is for, not whether you actually want Paul McGann to return or not.

Here's a thought: it would once and for all prove that the people who don't believe the Movie to be canon would be dealt with once and for all!

...Oh, who am I kidding?

Quote Originally Posted by shada pavlova View Post
    Here's a thought: it would once and for all prove that the people who don't believe the Movie to be canon would be dealt with once and for all!
    I reckon anyone who can still be bothered to have an opinion on that subject is probably past caring by now...

I'd have thought the picture of McGann in Smith's diary during human Nature would've decided most people one way or another by now in any case.

Oh yeah. I forgot about that.

...Oh, who am I kidding?

I wouldn't mind a flashback to Paul McGann, that could be OK.

Especially if they wanted to bring in DWM Comic Strip companion Izzy! That'd be great!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!