Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Pip Madeley Guest

Default Doctor Who/Torchwood Children In Need Event: Big Competition announced

In this month's Torchwood Magazine:

"Plans are afoot in the Doctor Who and Torchwood production offices for a fantastic one-off event to coincide with this years Children In Need. We're not allowed to tell you what just yet , but we'll have the full details very, very soon"
    Interesting!

You still read Torchwood Magazine?! ing
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

I've bought every issue.

Dave Lewis Guest

In the spirit of Time Crash perhaps the crossover could be including a character from the old Doctor Who series...

GWEN: "Jack, I still can't believe that Owen and Tosh are f***ing dead."

JACK: "Don't give me that bullsh*t, Gwen - you're in Torchwood and people die - it's how it works. We're not a goddamn country club."

IANTO: "What fun we had with the Daleks, eh? Where's Mickey and whats-her-name? Aren't they joining the team?"

JACK: "Hell, no! I've got another guy in mind - he's a bit of a veteran but he's still got it where it counts."

THE BRIGADIER: "Well bless my soul - what the devil is going on here?"

IANTO: "F***ing hell."

GWEN: "Jesus!"

JACK: "Hello big boy. I mean... Brig boy. That is; Brigadier."

THE BRIG: "Jehosophat! So this is Torchwood, eh?"

JACK: "You are f***in'-A."

THE BRIG: "I beg your pardon?"

IANTO: "The thing is, your Brigadierness, we're on after the watershed - you don't have to keep using these quaint 1950s BBC radio serial expletives. You can say 'f***', 'sh*t', pretty much anything."

THE BRIG: "Oh shut up you Welsh c*nt."

JACK: "Anything - except that."

THE BRIG: "Good heavens!"

@ Dave (again!)

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Dave is on good form.

Pip Madeley Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Rob McCow View Post
    You still read Torchwood Magazine?! ing
    I've never even picked it up, I just read news blogs

Quote Originally Posted by Milky Tears View Post
    I've bought every issue.
    That's not the same and you know it, James!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Pip Madeley Guest

Apparently we'll find out what this event is on The Chris Moyles Show on Friday morning (interviews with RTD, Tennant & Piper too).

You have to listen to Chris Moyles to find out? Being a fan in the 21st century has it's price.

Si.

Dave Lewis Guest

Perhaps the announcement is the event; instead of watching some rubbishy fanboy-masturbating festival of the dull on Children In Need night the actual charitable event involving Torchwood and Doctor Who is Chris Moyles being forcibly crushed to death by the weight of his own voluminous ego, whilst someone plays a crap version of the Who theme on a nearby stylophone. Repeatedly.

I've already pledged a tenner just in case.

From the BBC Pres Office:

Fans of smash-hit shows Doctor Who, Torchwood and The Sarah Jane Adventures are being offered a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to go behind the scenes at the studios where the shows are filmed.
    On Saturday and Sunday, 8 and 9 November, the BBC will be opening the studio doors just outside Cardiff to 100 lucky competition winners and their friends and families.
    The money-can't-buy-experience is being run to help raise money for this year's BBC Children in Need appeal.
    Doctor Who: Backstage will take fans to the heart of the action at the BBC Wales studios.
    Visitors will tour the closely-guarded sets, come face-to-face with some of the Doctor's mortal enemies, and meet the behind-the-scenes teams who make it all happen – including the set designers, costumiers and make-up artists.

Russell T Davies says: "This is so exciting – giving fans the opportunity to take a behind the scenes look at where we film Doctor Who, Torchwood and The Sarah Jane Adventures is just brilliant.
    "It'll be the perfect opportunity for the whole family to experience something unique and truly extraordinary. It will be a once-in-a-lifetime experience – and the best thing is that all the money raised will go towards BBC Children in Need."
    To be in with a chance of winning a place on the tour, all people have to do is answer one multiple-choice question.
    The all-important question will be announced on Friday 26 September, live on the Chris Moyles show on BBC Radio 1 and on BBC Radio Wales and BBC Radio Cymru.
    It will also be available on the Doctor Who website – bbc.co.uk/doctorwho – along with the full terms and conditions.
    The competition phone lines will be open from 8am on Friday 26 September 2008. Callers must be over 16 and have the bill-payers' permission. Each winner will be able to bring up to three guests who must all be aged five or over.
    The tour is taking place during a brief gap in the production schedule.

Doctor Who will return to BBC One this Christmas in The Next Doctor and filming resumes early in 2009 on a number of specials, followed by Series five.
    Si xx

Pip Madeley Guest

I'd rather go to the PS meet if I'm quite honest!

anyone else listen to moyles this morning, anyone else enter the comp already?
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/chrismoyles/

Pip Madeley Guest

Could it be magic?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...r-reunion.html

All seven surviving Doctor Whos are to feature together in a one-off television special.

The actors are getting together for the BBC charity Children in Need in a programme to be broadcast on November 14.

An insider at the BBC said: "It's a pretty ambitious idea and it's still being finalised. Everything is being kept under wraps but Doctor Who fans are in for a big treat."

The first of the 10 actors to take the role was William Hartnell in 1963, followed three years later by Patrick Troughton and then by Jon Pertwee but all three have since died.

The seven survivors include Tom Baker, now best known as the voice of the comedy series Little Britain, who played the role for seven years from 1974.

He was followed by Peter Davidson from 1981 to 1984, whose daughter Georgia Moffett has also featured in the programme and who is now dating the current doctor, David Tennant.

The others are Colin Baker, from 1984 to 1986, Sylvester McCoy who had two stints from 1987 to 1989 and re-appeared in the role in 1996, Paul McGann, who took over the role in 1996 and Christopher Eccleston who reprised the series in 2005.

I believe it.

It's the TIME WAR, PEOPLE!!!!

(OMGWTF no David Banks, Richard E Grant, Rowan Atkinson, Mark Gatiss etc etc?!?!?)

Oh my. (if it's true)

Si xx

all 7 Doctors in a 3 minute sketch it's gonna be a disaster - eastenders/doctor who crossover again..

Time Crash wasn't 3 minutes long was it?

It could be a great laugh & if released on DVD could make a good deal of money for CiN...if true.

well if it's going to happen they've only got a month to get is done.

WhiteCrow Guest

Ah the much expected Sarah Jane Adventures - Torchwood crossover.

Sarah-Jane: Luke - you're back from your trip to Torchwood Cardiff, what did you learn?

Luke: I learnt that I like men now!

Pip Madeley Guest

Well it looks like we're getting some sort of scene...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/pro....shtml#fri_cin

There are some Children In Need-themed scenes from Doctor Who and Ashes To Ashes, a musical extravaganza from Albert Square, featuring the cast of EastEnders, and a special edition of Junior Masterchef.

The BBC Press Office has announced that the first two minutes of the forthcoming Doctor Who Christmas special, "The Next Doctor", will be broadcast as an exclusive preview for the episode as part of this year's Children in Need charity telethon.

Children in Need, the telethon in aid of which is shown on BBC One every November, is this year to be broadcast on Friday the 14th of November, from 7pm. Doctor Who has featured in the programme in various capacities before, including special mini-episodes made specifically for the telethon in 2005 and 2007. Earlier this month it had been rumoured in the media that a special production featuring all seven surviving actors to have played the Doctor might have been in preparation for the evening, but this has proved groundless.

The full episode of "The Next Doctor" is expected to be broadcast by BBC One in the UK on Christmas Day.

Pip Madeley Guest