Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Pip Madeley Guest

What about Billy, Pat and Jonny P? Tut tut.

Apparently it'smore difficult to negotiate the rights to a dead likeness or something, which is why we haven't had these figures yet... but rumours persist that Jon P is coming in a third wave of figures...

And that the collect and build figure for wave 2 is a Krynoid...

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Captain Tancredi Guest

Quote Originally Posted by SiHart View Post
    Apparently it'smore difficult to negotiate the rights to a dead likeness or something, which is why we haven't had these figures yet... but rumours persist that Jon P is coming in a third wave of figures...
    I would guess that at least part of the issue is establishing who owns the rights to the likeness- while Jon Pertwee may have made some arrangements to protect his likeness after his death, this kind of thing only really came into its own in the 1980s when the estates of Elvis and Marilyn Monroe became very protective, so the earlier Doctors probably didn't. In that case, it may well be an issue of establishing who if anybody retains an interest in their likenesses (which in itself may depend on legal precedents). Particularly in William Hartnell's case, his agent may well no longer be active, so you would probably be dealing with family members who may be unused to dealing with this kind of negotiation.

I wonder how Dapol and Harlequin Minatures sidestepped the dead people issue, or did no one mind as they looked bugger all like the people they were supposed to be.

And that the collect and build figure for wave 2 is a Krynoid...
    That's a little dull. Surely the parts of a Krynoid all looks the same in terms of texture and basic "look". I want Dr Who's yellow roadster Betsy!