Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

We did the "Frockumentary" last night. Quite good but the fact that the girls on the street didn't like any of the costumes undermined the "weren't Romana's outfits good" feel of the thing!

I shall avoid the blood doc when the time comes...

Thankfully, I still have the memory of Full Circle as fresh in my mind as it's going to be. Haven't seen it in years, it's just as good as I remember it.The Marshchild's death and the run-up to it still unnerve me a bit after all this time. What's happened to James Bree since The War Games? For his sake I'm trusting it's a halfway-decent director. Tom was good, Lalla was good, Matthew and his chums - well, meh! - and well done Tom's uncle George. JNT's guest cast policy did work sometimes. Top story too. The composer had one complaint against him though - he should have got the funk out of there (you read correctly!).

I'm in the mood for State Of Decay now! (I'm in the mood for Anna Friel, but I'm not going to get any satisfaction there either!)

Wayne Guest

I like Lalla Ward's story about where she was asked by a fan at a cconvention as to whether she & Tom ever played practical jokes on each other, & she goes on to say that the biggest practical joke they ever played on each other was to get married.

Never a truer word...

Pip Madeley Guest

Following the DVD release of his sole Dr Who adventure, Paul Joyce, the director of the 1980 Dr Who serial WARRIORS' GATE, has kindly agreed to take questions relating to his work on the series.

Paul is open to being asked anything about the production, just as long as it isn't storyline related... so if you are still less than clear about what is going on in WARRIORS' GATE, you'll just have to watch the DVD again!

I've set up a special email account for people to send their questions to. I'll leave it open for a week, then collate and forward the questions on to Paul. In the interests of security, please do not send attachments, put the questions in the main body of the email only. Any email received with an attachement will be automatically deleted.

The email address is; askpauljoyce@ntlworld.com
    Anyone going to ask a question?

"What's it all abaaaaaaout, Joy-ceeeeee?"

So Paul, couldn't they afford a set for the planet then?

Well, it's finally 21 days since Play posted my E-Space set that never arrived, so at last I can get them to send out a replacement! I wonder if I can get through all of it before The Rescue/The Romans arrives?
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

I dare say; you'll have to stay up a few nights though, I reckon.

The copy I bought in Tesco last month is still in the bag!

Only took Bred For War out the jiffy two weeks ago.

It's nice to know that there's someone even less organised than I am!

It's arrived, at last!
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

Finally finished all of this set, very enjoyable overall.

All good stories, to me, but Warriors' Gate edges it, for atmosphere, direction, and an absolutely wonderful performance from Lalla Ward, especially in episode 2. It also has the best music of the three, imo.

Extras were ok, for the most part, although I found all of the commentaries hard work. The first two were dragged down by the annoying Matthew Waterhouse, and the last one seemed that little bit too crowded, I think it could have done without John Leeson, to be honest. Good contributions from Mat Irvine, even though I find him to have one of the most irritating voices in the world. I wouldn't be too surprised if we see him take moderating duties at some point in the future.

I think the State Of Decay commentary would have been better if they'd paired Terrance with Hamilton Bidmead!

Oh, and loved the Lalla's Wardobe extra!

Lalla shines like a beacon on her commentary.

I was going to buy this for my mum as Sendit have it for £13. Then I saw Time Warrior and Brain of Morbius for £6 each. Which are the best?

Pip Madeley Guest

I'd plump for E-Space, there's three four-parters, they form a loose story arc and the extras are very good.

I agree with Pip!

Si.

Three very good stories in a lovely box against two good ones? E-Space gets my vote too!

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Thanks guys.