Default Woman fan Stalking Tennant ...

from the Daily Star

TO be or not to be slapped with a restraining order, that is the question for David Tennant’s scary stalker.

#bodycopy a { font-size: 12px; }
    The poor Doctor Who star is being bothered by a woman who has moved to Stratford-upon-Avon, where he’s rehearsing for a new production of Hamlet.

The cunning bunny boiler is renting a flat directly opposite the Courtyard Theatre.
    Our man digging the giant moat around Elsinore Castle said: “Obviously, David gets crowds of fans. But he’s never experienced anything as unsettling as this.

“She has been hassling cast members of the production. And she’s told them that she’s left her husband for David.
    “She regularly leaves pencil drawings for him of them being friendly in the Tardis.

“And she writes bizarre sci-fi versions of Hamlet, featuring herself as Ophelia and David as a futuristic Hamlet. She insists that both the Doctor and Hamlet are aliens in a hostile universe, who are terrified of being alone.
    “But she will save him by being his Rose or Ophelia.

“Sadly, the only thing she and Ophelia have in common is their madness. And David is afraid, very afraid.”
    The weirdo left her husband before the confetti had even settled when she discovered David had split with actress Sophia Myles, 27.

The 36-year-old star has mixed feelings about this – one of those being abject horror, as the stalker has bought front row tickets for the production every weekend until it finishes in November.

Our source added: “It’s a bit unnerving. But he won’t be able to spot her in the audience because he doesn’t know what she looks like.”
    And no, she doesn’t look like any of us.

any one else in the Bracknell group thinking what I'm thinking.......

nah it couldn't possibaly be her could it..

Is this an old story? I thought I read this months ago...

WhiteCrow Guest

I thought Ali was working her way through the Doctors in order anyway.

Y'know this doesn't surprise me in the least after seeing some of his "fans" on the Friday Night Project ... "can I touch your hair".

I mean you classic Doctor Who anorak fanatic is a kind of scarey but mainly harmless nerd, usually male and without a girlfriend. They're usually still living with mum, so one word to mother, and it can all be sorted out. Usually the threat of opening all those mint-in-box Daleks collectables and donating them to the local charity shop will bring them into line.

The new wave of obsessive fans are something altogether more terrifying. Typically female - think Glenn Close in Fatal Attraction, but with a DVD boxset clutched in one hand, and a mobile phone camera in the other, a mad stare, and possibly rabid drool.

Imagine how ferocious a pack of girls on a hennight, each on their second crate of Diamond White. Now imagine an awful Star Trek transporter accident where all that sexual aggression got put into ONE BODY. Bingo, you've got yourself a David Tennant "fan".

So why will we all be so surprised when David Tennant announces he's leaving the role?

WhiteCrow Guest

How does she have the money and the connections to get so many Hamlet tickets - they were hard to come by, and on the front row no less??? And how come she's managed to afford to move to Stratford on Avon???

I have some doubts about this story - no doubts there are such batty people out there though.

Pip Madeley Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    Is this an old story? I thought I read this months ago...
    I think somebody posted it in the Who Absurdity thread.

WhiteCrow Guest

But months ago Hamlet hadn't started - it didn't start until late July did it?

Late July WAS months ago.

Somebody have David go tell her to order some pizza for everybody in the play. Maybe she will do it...