View Poll Results: Would you use your mobile on the toilet

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • I have no problem using the phone or texting

3 21.43%
  • I'd text, but not speak

6 42.86%
  • I can't imagine anything more "yack" than taking your mobile into the loo in the first place

5 35.71%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    WhiteCrow Guest

Default The ultimate in mobile phone etiquette

Well I was just in the company bathroom ... and there was a voice coming from one of the cubicles.

Yes indeed, someone was taking a call on the toilet. Is that dedication above and beyond, or just plain "ew"???

I never use my phone for phone stuff anyway but I will admit to doing crosswords and making notes for columns in the loo at work. Before not during.
    Dennis, Francois, Melba and Smasher are competing to see who can wine and dine Lola Whitecastle and win the contract to write her memoirs. Can Dennis learn how to be charming? Can Francois concentrate on anything else when food is on the table? Will Smasher keep his temper under control?

If only the 28th century didn't keep popping up to get in Dennis's way...

#dammitbrent

The eleventh annual Brenty Four serial is another Planet Skaro exclusive. A new episode each day until Christmas in the Brenty Four-um.

The trouble is when you are reading or texting, the loo suddenly becomes unusually warm and comfortable and you realise you don't want to leave it. Whole hours can pass in there if you arn't careful.

Si.

Pip Madeley Guest

I sometimes text while I'm on the loo at work - pre-wiping, obviously.

Too much info, Pip.

Pip Madeley Guest

Kidding

Wayne Guest

Spare us the gory details Pip, please......

Unlike most of the population, (it seems) I'm not a slave to my mobile phone. It seems these days that people can't bear not to be in touch with each other for more than 0.509 seconds.
    I rarely have my mobile on at home at all, let alone in the toilet, because i have this thing in my house called a tel.....e....phone. It means that when i'm at home people can phone me & speak to me.
    For me, my mobile phone is merely a useful device (and an extremely valuable one at times) for communication when i'm not at home.
    Texting culture is something that i'm not really part of. I will send texts when i'm on a bus or a train or somewhere where i'm sat down down with nothing else to do for an extended period, but otherwise i just don't have the time. Life is quite simply too short.

Hmmm..... i guess that'll be option 3 then.

Pip Madeley Guest

Texting culture is something that i'm not really part of.
    That amuses me because when you joined the forum u alwys used 2 tlk in txt spk.

Wayne Guest

Not quite 2 that extent.

It was simply that until i got a computer in 2002, i'd very rarely ever typed anything in my entire life, & it seemed to take me ages. (It still does!)
    So i used to use those kind of short cuts because i was under the misaprehension that i was being economical. But i soon realized that it didn't really make any difference, & i always thought it looked a bit crap so i stopped using it.
    I suppose the only thing i retain is the use of & for and. Plus i'll contract certain words if they reflect how i really speak, like 'em for them, 'n stuff like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne View Post
    Spare us the gory details Pip, please......

Unlike most of the population, (it seems) I'm not a slave to my mobile phone. It seems these days that people can't bear not to be in touch with each other for more than 0.509 seconds.
    I rarely have my mobile on at home at all, let alone in the toilet, because i have this thing in my house called a tel.....e....phone. It means that when i'm at home people can phone me & speak to me.
    For me, my mobile phone is merely a useful device (and an extremely valuable one at times) for communication when i'm not at home.
    Texting culture is something that i'm not really part of. I will send texts when i'm on a bus or a train or somewhere where i'm sat down down with nothing else to do for an extended period, but otherwise i just don't have the time. Life is quite simply too short.

Hmmm..... i guess that'll be option 3 then.
    I'm the same, Wayne. People are far more likely to 'get me' with a phone call @home, an e-mail or even a PM here then a text. Although I do check it once or twice a week.

I was on the shitter a few months back at the NEC and was most disturbed when someone struck up a conversation on their mobile, but a cubicle or so away.

Pip Madeley Guest

I was on the shitter a few months back at the NEC
    Best start to an anecdote ever!

In truth I think there are few things worse than really letting rip on the throne and then realising you're not alone.

The cubicles at work join each other and there is a 20cm gap under each one. I was in there one time and the foot of the gentlemen in the cubicle next to me stretched right out under the divide and came to rest right next to mine! It was actually in the cubicle with me! I felt violated. And not in a good way.

Si.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Gently View Post
    I'm the same, Wayne. People are far more likely to 'get me' with a phone call @home, an e-mail or even a PM here then a text. Although I do check it once or twice a week.
    Likewise, infact about half the time I have mine switched off, and I don't have a home phone, I just like the fact that I can be uncontactable sometimes. However odd that might sound.

My Mum has a habit of phoning people when on the loo, I hate it because you can hear various sounds that you really shouldn't do when chatting to someone.
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

Plops do tend to get amplified with the added acoustics.

Si.

Wayne Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    I just like the fact that I can be uncontactable sometimes. However odd that might sound.
    Ditto!
    Phones are a curse i tells you! A curse! You never get any peace. The bloody things!

If my mobile phone goes I answer if I'm good and ready - I don't understand those people that must immediately react - I'm in control not the phone.

I think it would be a tad embarrassing to answer a phone in a public loo I think I'd give that one a miss thanks!

Pip Madeley Guest

letting rip on the throne

Dave Lewis Guest

Who is that vile and filthy one percent of the PS world - as it currently stands - who seems to have no problem doing either?

DISGUSTING!

In my - I mean his; I mean their - defence, I can only say that I always switch my phone off when I'm writing; or at the very least, if the real world may have to intrude due to circumstances beyond ones control, put it onto silence so the ringtone* doesn't disturb the creative excitement. Ditto wanking.

* Indefensible and in need of replacing so don't ask.

Pip Madeley Guest

I bet your ringtone is "Something Happened On The Way To Heaven".

Dave Lewis Guest

I'll never live down that unguarded moment of truth, will I?

Dave Lewis Guest

P.S. No it isn't.

Is it Chirpy Chirpy Cheep Cheep?

Pip Madeley Guest

I've got an embarrassing but hilarious story about that song but I can't tell it unless I'm drunk.

Now everyone will buy me drinks at the PS meet.