Thread: Whospotting

Quote Originally Posted by SiHart View Post
    Ahh yes, he's very popular with ladies of a certain age you know. He's forging a career writing family sagas these days.

I've just finished watching Sapphire and Steel Adventure 2 which features Tom Kelly from Face of Evil/ The Sunmakers/ The Invasion of Time as the soldier.

Si xx
    Pack up your troubles in your old kit bag, and smile, smile, smile...

Takes me back!
    One Day, I shall come back, Yes, I shall come back,
    Until them, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties, Just go forward in all your beliefs,
    and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine!

Richard Todd waa running around Africa being very English yesterday afternoon on C4.
    Bazinga !

Pip Madeley Guest

I watched the feature film of Porridge earlier and spotted:

Fulton Mackay
    Julian Holloway
    Geoffrey Bayldon
    Philip Locke
    Daniel Peacock
    Tony Osoba
    Oliver Smith
    Charles Pemberton

Sharon-Duncan Brewster plays Trina in Eastenders (Lucas' druggy ex wife). We've just discovered she also played Crystal in "Bad Girls". And - AND - whaddayaknow, she's going to be in "Waters Of Mars", hence yer Doctor Who connection.

Si.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Curnow View Post
    Another tenuous entry from me, but walking through Barnstaple Pannier Market today, I noticed on the book stall some sort of romance novel, written by... Victor Pemberton!!!
    The same one who wrote The Pescatons!?

And Fury from Deep, yes, apparently it is the same one!

Pip Madeley Guest

Yes, he is a successful novelist these days, libraries are full of his books.

I'm watching Porridge: A Storm In A Teacup and Tony Osoba(Dragonfire) just walked through the door... also there's Sam Kelly and Christopher Biggins (Big Finish) and of course, Fulton Mackay (Silurians).

Speaking of Biggins, we've been watching his episodes of Cum In My Face and Dine With Me which also featured Philip Olivier. Alas they didn't talk about Big Finish.

Delightfully Cyril Shaps turned up to play the solicitor Oswald Phipps in Martin Chuzzlewit this evening. It's always a joy to see him.

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Captain Tancredi Guest

Not exactly a spot, but earlier this evening I began the 1998 'Vanity Fair' with Murray Gold score. It's an odd score and yes, it does try to tell you what the mood of the scene should be rather than complementing it...but ooh, Natasha Little...

As if Cyril Shaps wasn't enough, Jenny Tomasin turned up in the last episode too!

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Tancredi View Post
    ...but ooh, Natasha Little...
    Ooh yes! There's not enough Natasha Little on telly these days - get her in Who!

Tes, we've all heard the rumours that you're not getting enough...

Who-spotting in it's most literall sense - London Bridge seems to be the place for spotting Who-actors!

On the first day that I started my new job a few weeks ago, I walked past Nick Briggs standing outside London Bridge station chatting on his mobile phone.

And today, the minute I stepped out of the office to come home, Richard Franklin hobbled past me - yes, HOBBLED! He looked absolutely ancient!

Be fair, he's 93...

Pip Madeley Guest

Not exactly Who, but I saw Manc git Terry Christian doing a piece-to-camera outside work an hour or two ago.

I'm sure someone can link him to Who... anyone?

Terry Christian was in The Word with Mark Lamarr who was in Shooting Stars with Vic and Bob who were in Randall and Hopkirk Deceased with Tom Baker who appeared in Doctor Who in the seventies.

Though I might be wrong about some of that!

More Geoffery Bayldon in Catweazle which we watched last night. And Barnham from Mind of Evil.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Just back from meeting Tamm (I messed my pants!* ), Aldred (she's tiny)and Davison at Collectormania Glasgow. Decent 45 minute talk from the three of them as well.

Torchwood's Kai Owen (top bloke), The Prowse and Peter Burroughs (Jester in 'The King's Demons') were also there.

* almost messed them again when meeting Jan Chappell half an hour later...

P.S. Undoubted highlight of the day was being gifted a Tudor down the front of Amber Benson's shirt.
    Last edited by Milky Tears; 30th Aug 2009 at 8:46 PM. Reason: P.S.

"Gifted a Tudor"?!

I've only just realised tonight (watching the final episode of season 2) that the cloned bodyguard soldier-y chap from Primeval is the Dad from the start of Fear Her.

We watched 'In The Loop' last night. Absolutely hilarious, but especially for Peter 'Caecillius Frobisher' Capaldi who's swearing knows no bounds.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Captain Tancredi Guest

Not that Tranmere are completely desperate just at the moment, but our squad number 17 is a bit worrying...

1 Luke Daniels
    (on loan from WBA ) Goalkeeper
    2 Shaleum Logan
    (on loan from Man C ) Defender
    3 Aaron Cresswell Defender
    4 Gareth Edds Midfielder
    5 Ian Goodison Defender
    6 Paul McLaren Midfielder
    7 Bas Savage Striker
    8 Marlon Broomes Defender
    9 Ian Thomas-Moore Striker
    10 Alan Mahon Midfielder
    11 John Welsh Midfielder
    12 Ash Taylor Defender
    13 Joe Collister Goalkeeper
    14 Terry Gornell Striker
    15 Gavin Gunning
    15 Gavin Gunning
    (on loan from Blackbn ) Defender
    16 Josh Macauley Striker
    17 Thomas Baker
    18 Michael Ricketts Striker
    19 Charlie Barnett Midfielder
    20 Ryan Fraughan Midfielder
    23 Chris Shuker Midfielder
    25 Craig Curran Striker

Not least because he doesn't have a position. He might walk in eternity but he really should decide where on the pitch to be unpredictable.
    Dennis, Francois, Melba and Smasher are competing to see who can wine and dine Lola Whitecastle and win the contract to write her memoirs. Can Dennis learn how to be charming? Can Francois concentrate on anything else when food is on the table? Will Smasher keep his temper under control?

If only the 28th century didn't keep popping up to get in Dennis's way...

#dammitbrent

The eleventh annual Brenty Four serial is another Planet Skaro exclusive. A new episode each day until Christmas in the Brenty Four-um.

Captain Tancredi Guest

It's to balance out our sneaky tactic to confuse the opposition by cloning Gavin Gunning and having two number 15s.

If he's ostentatious, he's flying. If he doesn't want to look silly, he's taking the lift.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Curnow View Post
    "Gifted a Tudor"?!
    Definition from The Perv's Handbook: 2009 Edition

Tudor - to glance, ogle or stare at others in the lustful manner of Dave Tudor (see also Tudoring and Tudored).