Thread: Whospotting

Quote Originally Posted by Logo Polish View Post
    Is that the series about the royal families of Europe, leading up to the 1910s, with the Kaiser, and the Romanovs, and others? About 1974-ish?

yep that's correct starts around 1858 and charts the fall of the german,austrian and russian royal families up to 1918 I'd never heard of the series before and only stumbled across it on Amazon while looking for some thing else.

Not Whospotting exactly, but my boss & his wife have been invited to a party at Paul (Graff Vynda-K) Seed's place this weekend. I only know because my boss was having his hair cut on Friday, per strict wifely instructions, and also because he got me to brief him. I told him that Iain Cuthbertson was in the same story, so he may drop that into the conversation if things lag!!

Pip Madeley Guest

Curnow, to meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Christine Adams, who played Cathica in 'The Long Game', just popped up in the latest episode of 'Heroes' (S4 05)....!

Just noticed on IMDB that her career seems to be doing well, stateside, as she's also had roles in Pushing Daisies & Lie To Me.
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

Colin Baker is on BBC 1 Doctors at the moment playing a professor.
    I hope what I just wrote made sense, it did when I was thinking it.

Captain Tancredi Guest

Anne Reid was on Breakfast News this morning from the location of her new series in Dewsbury (rather her than me) and saying how wonderful it was to be filming in the North again.

And she's brought a straw.

We've just been watching Simon Pegg, Penelope Wilton and Jessica Stevenson (Hynes) in the mighty and wonderful film, Shaun of the Dead.

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Pip Madeley Guest

Aimée Delamain (The Two Doctors), Hilary Minster (Planet of the Daleks/Genesis of the Daleks), Guy Siner (Genesis of the Daleks), Carmen Silvera (Celestial Toymaker/Invasion Dinosaurs) and John D. Collins (Arc of Infinity) are all in 'Allo 'Allo on BBC1 right now.

...On sunday I spotted the auto-guard control panel from The Ark in Space in Live and Let Die. Does that count?
    For every fail, there is an equal and opposite win.

...Oh, who am I kidding?

Oh most definitely! Now - do you think that Doctor Who pinched it from James Bond, or vice versa?

The Doctor Who opening (Tom Baker version) appeared in Synth Britannia which I watched last night.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Well, DW pinched it from Gerry Anderson's puppet shows in the first place, and LALD only came out in '77, so I'd say Bond is the ultimate pincher.

...Oh, who am I kidding?

Live And Let Die was 1973. It was Moore's first Bond film.

Whoops.

...Oh, who am I kidding?

Ah well. No worries.

Roy Stewart was in Live And Let Die as well.

I spotted a photo of the throne room from 'Four To Doomsday' in a little CBBC piece the other day (with a kid telling the viewers how he'd like to make Mars habitable).....

And also think I 'spotted' a new ad voiceover from Billie Piper, and can add that to David Morrissey's new McDonalds ad....
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

I had an exam board run course in London today....in the shadow of Torchwood 1 (and guess who forgot to take his camera )
    Bazinga !

Captain Tancredi Guest

While flicking through the satellite channels in my Vilnius hotel room, I caught a glimpse of Burn Gorman on one of the Russian channels although whether it was for Torchwood or not I couldn't tell.

Ever more tenuous, today at work we were discussing the molybdenum content in a delivery of EN31 steel. And tomorrow morning I've got to ring up one of our customers, a Mr Graham Williams.

That David Morrissey McDonald's advert is hell on earth to listen to.

Someone give him a slap when he comes passing by...

Pip Madeley Guest

David Sibley (Pirate Planet) and Simon Pegg (Long Game) were in the Bottom movie 'Guest House Paradiso' last night.

Captain Tancredi Guest

I've been watching the 1997 adaptation of Fielding's 'Tom Jones' recently, which includes (in no particular order) Sylvester McCoy as a crooked lawyer, Camille Coduri in an important role, Ron Cook as Tom's confidant, Roger Lloyd Pack as a quondam highwayman and I suppose we can now include Lindsay Duncan as Lady Bellaston.

That's not forgetting Peter Capaldi as a predatory rake and Brian Blessed as...well, Brian Blessed playing an eighteenth-century squire. One of the wonderful things about the production is that just as the story reaches a moment of high drama, Brian Blessed charges into the room, does Brian Blessed things for about two minutes and then the story picks up again where it left off.

Pip Madeley Guest

One of the wonderful things about the production is that just as the story reaches a moment of high drama, Brian Blessed charges into the room, does Brian Blessed things for about two minutes and then the story picks up again where it left off.
    As it should be.

I remember really enjoying that adaptation ofTom Jones in 1997. I might have the tape still somewherem if I'm lucky.

Si xx

Louise Jameson has just been on BBC 4 talking about The Omega Factor.

Si xx