Thread: Whospotting

The 4th Doctor was just spotted in an episode of Futurama coming out of a 4 dimensional Space Whale.

There was a very young Valentine Dyall in "Brief Encounter". I didn't recognise him! He didn't even have a credit (even though it was a small speaking role) and it was only because I looked the film up on IMDB that I spotted him!

I spotted Valentine Dyall in a small role in the Joan Hickson Miss Marple story, Body in the Library when I watched it recently.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

He turns up in a number of Goon Shows.

I saw Colin Baker & his missus on Mr & Mrs...I haven't seen one of those programmes since my Mum used to watch the original version. I didn't know the show had been revived.

They didn't do very well did they? But they clearly love each other to bits.

I re-watched one of my favourite ever films the other day, 'Ice Cold in Alex', starring a gorgeous-looking Sylvia Sims, and also featuring Richard Leech, Frederick Jaeger and Peter Arne, whom I always associate with 'Frontios', even though he, tragically, never appeared in it.

Beryl Reid, Bill Fraser, Louise Jameson and Stephen Mooore in The Secret Diary of Adrian Mole (aged 13 3/4s)

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

In this morning's Rumpole, as well as the everpresent Denis Lill, we had the first ever appearance of their new secretary Camille Coduri.
    Bazinga !

We were at the Shambala music and arts festival over the weekend and one of the highlights was a late night DJ set by David 'Broken Tooth' Rodigan, but we were too tired to go and see him. It was also supposed to feature Courtney 'Courtney Pine' Pine, but he cancelled. Ah well, we did however see a funky TARDIS and a wicker Dalek on site as well as hearing a dub reggae version of the theme tune played quite often!

Karen Gillan in an episode of Rebus (dressed as a schoolgirl, no less)
    Bazinga !

This morning's Rumpole not only featured Julian Glover, but a very young and fresh faced John Simm.
    Bazinga !

This Sunday afternoon, BBC1, Matt Smith to be a guest in Victoria Wood's programme about tea.
    It's on after the racing cars thing. Morrissey is also a guest, but I don't think they'll be on the same couch!

Morrissey and Matt? Could work.

I've been watching Press Gang (for my sins! For my sins!) but the only Who star I can recognise is Angela Bruce. Oh and it was written by a guy who's writing some fiddly Who-related nonsense that'll be broadcast in November.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Wasn't Julia Sawalha in that Comic Relief Doctor Who 'special'? Written by... oh, some guy, not sure what ever happened to him...

At the risk of spoilers, I think if you make it to the final series you'll spot Perkins from The Curse of Fenric.

Me? Make it to the final series of Press Gang? There'd have to be a severe upswing in quality first...

Oh yes, Julia Sawalah was in The Curse of Fatal Death - the poor thing. I suppose Richard E Grant turning up as The Great Intelligence means that TCFD is no longer the 'Canon' version of The Time War. Shame.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Quote Originally Posted by Dino View Post
    This Sunday afternoon, BBC1, Matt Smith to be a guest in Victoria Wood's programme about tea.
    It's on after the racing cars thing. Morrissey is also a guest, but I don't think they'll be on the same couch!
    Or the same planet...

Morrissey and Matt.... There must be some 'The Smiths' joke there surely?

Yes, but they're all dreadful:
    Alma Matters
    The HeadMattSmith Ritual
    Matt is Murder

Nicholas Courtney was spotted (I think) very briefly in last night's Two Ronnies documentary on Dave (or Gold, I can't remember now). As was (definitely) BF's Graeme Garden.

And then a very young Peter Davison was glimpsed in an Audience with Billy Connolly on ITV4 (or 3). How time flies.

Recent spots in Foyle's War:
    Bernard Kay, John Kane, Michael Jayston, Graham Crowden, Eleanor Bron, and Peter Capaldi, no less.

Poss most bizarre Whospotter

Last weeks Specsavers Crime Thriller Club (ITV3) had a competition between 2 fans to see who knew the most about Inspector Morse. The winner was DWM's Time Team member Will !!
    Bazinga !

Yep, that's a convoluted Who spot alright :-)

A picture of Peter Capaldi with the top of a Dalek on his head is pasted onto the background of the new series of "Have I Got News For You".

I saw that too. It's behind Ian Hislop.