Thread: Whospotting

Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 1111

Nicholas Courtney playing a bank manager in the opening episode of Shelley S2.

Edited to add after posting: And of course I'd almost forgotten, Hywel Bennet himself who played Rynian in The Chase.
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

Richard Hurndall in an episode of The Persuaders! He really did have piercing blue eyes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oh and Sue Lloyd was in it too

Shockeye of the Quawncing Grig and Tony Caunter in S2E02 of The Professionals.
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

OHMSS - everyone in it has been in DW. Little known fact - Telly Savalas was one of the bald guys in DMP
    Bazinga !

Jean Marsh, Clive Swift, and Bernie Cribbins, in Alfred Hitchcock's: 'Frenzy'.

Doctor Who just got a name check in University Challenge.

Currently rewatching Randall & Hopkirk (Deceased) S2 with Vic & Bob, it's like a dry run for NuWho. Too many to mention, but ep.4 has Derek Jacobi and Dervla Kirwan in an episode written by Gareth Roberts and Mark Gatiss. Music by Murray Gold.

And Tom Baker, of course.

I've only just caught up with the second series of Toast of London, but it was lovely to see Peter Davison pop up in a couple of episodes, and Tracy Ann Oberman is in a few as well, whilst Paul Darrow, Steve Pemberton and Louise Jameson cameo in an episode each too. I'm probably missing a few as well as the series is so fond of casting cult actors in unusual ways...
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

Monday's edition of Doc Martin featured Maureen O'Brien, and one of the commercial breaks therein contained an ad for some Netflix-type company showing Dr. Capaldi running into the TARDIS console room.

And as for today... I receive a daily e-mail with the latest cricket news. Today's reveals that the 2005 edition of Wisden featured an obituary for Antony Ainley.

Lalla Ward, Nerys Hughes and Christopher Gable in an episode of Armchair Theatre (Hot Summer) from 1972.

I spotted William Hartnell, Willliam Russell, Jacq Hill and Maureen O'B in "The Web Planet" yesterday.

Hang on, I've not quite got the hang of this thread have I????

Quote Originally Posted by Nyder View Post
    I spotted William Hartnell, Willliam Russell, Jacq Hill and Maureen O'B in "The Web Planet" yesterday.

Hang on, I've not quite got the hang of this thread have I
    I think you've got it just fine
    Assume you're going to Win
    Always have an Edge

I'm quite disturbed to note that I don't recall seeing anyone from Doctor Who in The Force Awakens.

Oh wait! Thomas Brodie-Sangster is in a blink-and-you'll miss it appearance. Phew!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Paul McGann's Doctor got name checked in Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle last night (but not in a good way !!)
    Bazinga !

And in a series 12 episode of NCIS last night, David McCallum's character was told he was "not Doctor Who."

Just watched Red Dwarf series 1, and of course there was Noel Coleman as the Cat Priest who we saw in The War Games as General Smythe.

Loving Tommy B as Captain Rum in Blackadder, but embarrassed to suddenly realise that Walter Raleigh is being played by Arthur Dent !!
    Bazinga !

As in the late Dentarthurdent? Yes, that is a surprise.

Going through Doomwatch at the moment....

The Web of Fear has not only the title, it's written by Gerry Davis. Also popping up were John Savident (The Visitation), Glyn Owen (Power of Kroll), John Lee (The Daleks) and Stephanie Bidmead (Galaxy Four). Quite a hand!

Quote Originally Posted by Perry Vale View Post
    Going through Doomwatch at the moment....

The Web of Fear has not only the title, it's written by Gerry Davis. Also popping up were John Savident (The Visitation), Glyn Owen (Power of Kroll), John Lee (The Daleks) and Stephanie Bidmead (Galaxy Four). Quite a hand!
    Michael Elwyn (The Highlanders) too.

Ah, thought I might miss one. He's in quite a few Doomwatch episodes so I didn't check. Plus I've never "seen" The Highlanders, obviously. Thanks!

Geoffrey Beevers and Richard Briers in a Tales of the Unexpected yarn called "The Verger". Oh and Dudley Simpson gets a music credit too!

I remember liking that one back in the day. Must be near the end now?

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Yep only a handful of episodes left!