Thread: Whospotting

Page 1 of 45 1234511 ... LastLast
    Pip Madeley Guest

Default Whospotting

aka Who Watch 2

Who have you spotted?

Loads of Whofolk. They turn up all over the place.

Loads of the buggers in Barry Letts / Terrance Dicks' version of The Pickwick Papers. Although I was more excited to see Fenella Fielding turning up as an utter vamp to read her poem 'Expiring Frog'. She's been the highlight so far! And she does have a sort of Who credential, narrating a Who documentary on one of the BBC special nights.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Nigel Stock (Hayter from Time-Flight) is Mr Pickwick in that, Clive Swift (Jobel and Mr Copper) is Mr Tupman, and Colin Douglas (Donald Bruce and Reuben) is their friend at Dingley Dell whose name escapes me for now. I think there are indeed quite a few others though. Milton Johns is lurking about somewhere, and the narration is by Ray Brooks.

That's right! You've saved me having to type that now!

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

I saw a very young Julian Glover in last weekends "Avengers" episode.

Si.

Episode 1 of BBC Wales new show 'Merlin' had at least 3 'Who' peeps in it. Richard Wilson (The Empty Child - Doc Dances), Eve Miles (The Unquiet Dead/Torchwood etc) and Anthony Head (School Reunion). It was also directed by James Hawes. I think a lot of the production peeps would have been the same too - there's even a quick flash of the logo at the end of the episode, just prior to the 'next time' sequence!!!

I should add that I thought it was rather good (I wasn't even planning on watching it)

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Lethbridge-Stewart View Post
    Episode 1 of BBC Wales new show 'Merlin' had at least 3 'Who' peeps in it. Richard Wilson (The Empty Child - Doc Dances), Eve Miles (The Unquiet Dead/Torchwood etc) and Anthony Head (School Reunion). It was also directed by James Hawes. I think a lot of the production peeps would have been the same too - there's even a quick flash of the logo at the end of the episode, just prior to the 'next time' sequence!!!

I should add that I thought it was rather good (I wasn't even planning on watching it)
    I think you'd better visit the Merlin thread over in The Ratings War.

You forgot to mention Merlin himself, Andrew - he was in Who this year!

See, it's not just me!

Si xx

Maybe he's not so recognisable when he's a goth from the future!

BTW, I watched an episode of Minder from the last series with Dennis Waterman in it the other night on ITV4 - it had Milton Johns, Rula Lenska plus Patrick Ryecart and Brian Blessed in a Mindwarp/Minder crossover!

Also had Ian McShane and Ray Winstone in a corking cast!

I haven't re-watched any of this year's Who yet - I don't remember any goths - which story was he in?

He was the son of one of the characters in Midnight.

Jane How was in last night's Bones special on Sky One. I knew that their months of research into UK life had paid off when one of the characters said he had been home with his Mum at teatime: "Eel, my favourite". Further proof of the attention to authenticity was supplied by the oarsman using the word "discombobulated"...

Saw the last ever episode of The Goodies this morning, Stuart Fell was in it.

As well as Don Warrington being in it, I'm certain I just saw Andrew Cartmel's name flash by in the end credits to Strictly Come Dancing! Presumably next week Bruce will start hinting that "I'm much more than just an all-round entertainer"...

I spotted a real live honest-to-goodness New Series Dalek outside WHSmiths on Victoria Station this morning as I was on my way to a course. There was also some woman holding up a Radio Times so I assume the Dalek one has won some kind of poll.

I'd have nicked the Dalek except a large contingent of photographers from the British press were also present at the time.
    Bazinga !

Ooh! I bet that made going for the course worthwhile Jon. I suppose it must have won the RT cover competition thingy or something.

Si xx

We went to the theatre last night. I got a free ticket for Noises Off at Woking's New Victoria Theatre through work and it strred old Sixie himself, Colin Baker. And he was very good. In fact the play was awesome. Very, very funny and very well acted.

Si xx

well when I lived in London, I lived in the same road as Nicholas Courtney, who lived in a flat a few houses down fro me and I spotted him on numerous occasions walking past my house on his way to the shops.

Last night I saw Kathryn Drysdale (Bliss, Love & Monsters), Andrea Harris (Suzanne, Stolen Earth), Roderick Smith (Cruikshank, The Invisible Enemy), Nina Sosanya, (Trish, Fear Her), Zoe Thorne, voice of Toclafane, Last of the Time Lords/The Sound of Drum, Gelth, The Unquiet Dead), Natalie Walter, (Alice Coltrane, Turn Left) all in Love's Labour's Lost @the RSC.
    Oh & some bloke called David Tennant.

Pip Madeley Guest

You so looked some of those up.

Well yeah, what do you think I am? Some kind of annorak?

Not some kind of...

Wayne Guest

Ralph & i watched Hammer's: Quatermass & the Pit last night.
    Who connections:

Barabara Shelley, Julian Glover, Peter Copley, Duncan Lamont, Edwin Richfield, & music by Tristram Cary.