Thread: Whospotting

Page 4 of 45 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Janine returned in tonight's "Eastenders", posing as a young Jewish girl set to marry a very, very old Jewish bloke (presumably for financial recompense). But who was her elderly groom? Bloody Harry Towb!! He's still going!

Si.

Last night's New Avengers episode was a cornucopia of Who-Spotting: Freddie Jaegar, Keith Barron, Deep Roy, Robert Beatty, Roy Boyd and Bruce Purchase, as well as Gareth Hunt and Joanna Lumley of course. All this in an episode by Dennis Spooner featuring a Police Box!

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

They blew up the TARDIS!

Nicola Bryant and Denis Lil in Blackadder Christmas Carol
    Bazinga !

Captain Tancredi Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Si Hunt View Post
    Janine returned in tonight's "Eastenders", posing as a young Jewish girl set to marry a very, very old Jewish bloke (presumably for financial recompense). But who was her elderly groom? Bloody Harry Towb!! He's still going!

Si.
    Careful where you sit, Harry...

I had the Two Ronnies Christmas Sketchbook on earlier which had a sketch with Patrick Troughton as a judge.

Ah, yes. That's quite a good sketch, I've just flicked over to G.O.L.D +1 to see if I can catch it.

Andrew Pixley & Steve Roberts both appeared (well, their names did anyway) in the end credits to last night's BlackAdder documentary. And of course Rowan Atkinson and Tim McInnerny and Stephen Fry and Brian Blessed and Elspeth Grey also appeared in it. As did John Lloyd and Miriam Margolyes.

Pip Madeley Guest

Christopher Eccleston's been reading scary Christmas stories on BBC Radio 2 recently.

A Dalek 'n' Davros drawing appeared in the Mock the Week Christmas show earlier in the week.

And watching Legally Blonde today I noticed that it's listed as being produced by Marc Platt...

...although IMDB confirms that it is a different Marc Platt.

Captain Tancredi Guest

If it had been the Marc Platt it probably would have been called Legally Bald.

Alan Barnes in the docu on BBC2 last night about the portrayal of Sherlock Holmes in films and on TV.
    Bazinga !

Philip Martin's name splashed all over estate agent signs while driving through Truro yesterday afternoon.

OK, it's probably not that Philip Martin, but even so...

You might want to sart worrying though, Andrew, if you see small, slug-like aliens taking an interest in the rich mineral wealth of Cornwall...

Saw the very first episode of Ever Decreasing Circles on GOLD yesterday, featuring, of course, Richard Briers and the young (and, let's be honest here, rather foxy-looking) Penelope Wilton.

A handful of Who faces in Highlander 1 the other night (maybe they can return the favour and have Clancy Brown as a villain against Mr Smith)
    Bazinga !

Either this is the final call of a collapsing deranged mind, or I've just spotted June Hudson in a sketch on TMWRNJ withe the Curious Orange !!

(please confirm it somebody - season 2 show 7 about 23 minutes in )
    Bazinga !

Last night I was watching the recent St. Trinians film & lo I did spot Fenella Woolgar as the Phys.Ed teacher.

And at the moment I am listening to David Tennant on the BBC documentary Swarm: Nature's Incredible Invasions.

I've just watched the mighty Bernard Cribbins in The Hotel Inspectors episode of Fawlty Towers.

Si xx

Caught a bit of Kevin McNally (playing a rat) in ITV 1's new version of 'Buffy The Vampire Slayer' last night.

I've just seen Anthony Ainley, Christopher Neame, Clifford Rose,Tim Barlow, Valentine Dyall, James Bree, Ian Liston and Michael Napier-Brown in Lisa- Code Name Yvette, the first episode of Secret Army.

Si xx

I've just seen Anthony Ainley in The Adventurer, playing... the Doctor! Christopher Neame, Clifford Rose,Tim Barlow, Valentine Dyall, James Bree, Ian Liston and Michael Napier-Brown failed to make an appearance, but Allo Allo's Richard Marner turned up as a German double-agent-yacht-owning-jealous-husband.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Pip Madeley Guest

Speaking of Christopher Neame, he was in an episode of Star Trek: Enterprise my flatmate was watching at the weekend.

He didn't understand when I shouted "Beware Skagra!" at the television.

Sheila "Helen A" Hancock and Lynda "Wrack" Baron are Granny Weatherwax and Nanny Ogg in TP's Wyrd Sisters, on BBC7 the least few days.

Tomorrow Martin "The Voice" Jarvis starts on Guards, Guards!
    Bazinga !

Wayne Guest

Sylvester McCoy turned up as an ex-con in 'Still Game'.

Tis a bit of an obvious one, but I'm watching Christopher Ecclestone's ever changing hair freaking out all over the place in Our Friends In The North at the moment.
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

Pip Madeley Guest

Kevin McNally of Twin Dilemma "fame" was in Demons last weekend.

Incidentally:

ITV1's fantasy drama Demons lost another 650,000 viewers last night (Saturday), according to early figures.

The third episode pulled in 4.18m (18.1%) for ITV1 from 7.45pm. The audience is down almost 1.6m on that for the first episode a fortnight ago.

Demons was beaten in the period by National Lottery quiz show In It To Win It, seen by 6.93m (30.1%) on BBC One.
    Just goes to show Doctor Who is king of Saturday night drama.