Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

That's an excellent banner Lissa. We should be using that right now!

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

lovely banner, Lissa! I didn't want PS to have a full banner for the story as it's got nothing to do with Doctor Who (we are supposed to be a Doctor Who forum, most of the time!) but it'd look good heading up a seperate page for the story.

Thanks for your comments, chaps. I tried to make it less action-adventure orientated, but keeping it away from a bunch of people in a room arguing. I'm still waiting to be picked up on any enormous science errors!

I'm going to make this minor critisism - I think with the mystery, it felt like there should have been a few more clues threaded through earlier. And I do feel like maybe there was something missing from the resolution.
    It's a fair cop. The ending I had in mind when I started isn't the one that we ended up with. Hopefully there's a few hints as to what's going on, particularly in the scene where Govenor Luke is on his own talking to Kerberus - but this might only be noticeable in retrospect!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

WhiteCrow Guest

Hi Rob

I had a few concerns about this after we "put it in the can". Mainly about "does it all get wrapped up too easily". Listening to it, I do think the finished product works a lot better than I'd thought looking at it on paper.

I think it's a common comment I've had on the audios, which is about getting the "reveal" of the plot done right. I perhaps favour over-explaining things within the story. There's a counter argument of course that over-explaining ruins pace of a story. I'm not trashing it, I'm just wondering if it's an area to look at and develop.

There's always the argument that stories can be left a bit open ended, so that the listener works out or inteprets it the way that they wish. I prefer that to over laboured explanations myself, but there's room for both.

Si xx

I feel you have to assume that your audience is halfway intelligent or you're doomed into making your story obvious and possibly a bit patronising. If you've figured out the plot right then the series of events leading up to the conclusion should be enough for the audience to figure it out too. Still my first audio is coming up soon, so you'll be able to see if I've got that right or not.

WhiteCrow Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Monk View Post
    Still my first audio is coming up soon, so you'll be able to see if I've got that right or not.
    I'm sharpening my knife as I speak!

Wayne Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Rob McCow View Post
    (we are supposed to be a Doctor Who forum, most of the time!)
    Boo! Shame not use Lissa's banner because of Who dominated protocol. Who cares! I think someone should start a spin-off forum like the Cult of the Master or something.

I think the reason we didn't use Lissa's banner is less to do with Who dominated protocol and more to do with the fact that we didn't actually know it existed until the day before yesterday.

Si.

Si Hunt speaks the truth!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

You could always swap it over now with a link to the relevant thread?

WhiteCrow Guest

Si Hunt speaks the truth!
    No - I think it's actually a conspiracy by the High Council of Planet Skaro!!!

Wayne Guest

Mike speaks the truth.

You will report to the Supreme Si Immediately!

Si xx

WhiteCrow Guest

I'm going to take you all out with my Megabyte Modem ... might help the site work faster too!

Very interesting; it'll take another listen to be sure I've understood it , but that's not a bad thing in itself.

Kudos to Ant for his computer voice - I kept half expecting him to say " I'm sorry, but I can't do that Dave"
    Bazinga !

WhiteCrow Guest

An interesting article here on astronaut psychology.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/7669286.stm

Obviously Kerberous wasn't loaded up with the right software!

Deanna Troi died in transit. Interesting article, it clearly pays for astronauts to stay free from depression!

Deanna Troi died in transit. Interesting article, it clearly pays for astronauts to stay free from depression!

WhiteCrow Guest

Have you ever heard of Lisa Novak?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/6967944.stm

WhiteCrow Guest

Deanna Troi died in transit.
    Ah - now it makes sense then - so that's why Dave's character got out of the freezer early, to have it off with her cold stiff body???

Wayne Guest

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteCrowUK View Post
    to have it off with her cold stiff body???

She was pretty stiff when she was alive as well.

WhiteCrow Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne View Post
    She was pretty stiff when she was alive as well.
    At least she got over her case of Klingon-fever.

FYI - the links don't seem to be working.

Thanks.

I'll be able to take a look at that over the weekend.
    I expect a few things need tweaking with the re-organisation going on the in background.
    Assume you're going to Win
    Always have an Edge

Fixed.

This story had been renumbered as O.1. (as technically it came first) but I hadn't updated the post.

It's now working.
    Assume you're going to Win
    Always have an Edge