Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Default The Runaway Bride - your thoughts?

The Doctor: What?
    The Bride: Ah!
    The Doctor: What?!
    The Bride: Who are you?
    The Doctor: Buh...
    The Bride: Where am I?
    The Doctor: What?!
    The Bride: WHAT THE HELL IS THIS PLACE?!
    The Doctor: WHAT?!

To answer your question, Ms.Bride, it's the new Planet Skaro board, obviously.

It's out with the Tyler and in with the Tate for this years Christmas Special! Are we excited? How much are we going to miss Jackie? Is it going to top the Christmas Invasion? Will it be completely overshadowed by Sarah Jane Smith's debut? What do YOU think?
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Are we taking bets, only 'Tennant tenners' though no doubt.

Teresa Guest

I think i am going to miss Jackie most of all...
    I mean how can they replace a character who gets away with lines like "I'm gonna get killed by a Christmas tree"?!?!?
    She was just utter brilliance!
    and i know i'm not the only person think it!

Teresa
    xx

Well it'll be good from what I saw in Cardiff. (But that was only about 3 minutes). And as Sarah Jane Smith adventures are to start about a week after this airs I'm sure there will be a fair bit of over-shadowing going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Teresa View Post
    I think i am going to miss Jackie most of all...
    I mean how can they replace a character who gets away with lines like "I'm gonna get killed by a Christmas tree"?!?!?
    She was just utter brilliance!
    and i know i'm not the only person think it!

Teresa
    xx
    Camille Corduri was brilliant. She seemed to have a lot of fun at the convention in London (Invasion), had us in stitches. I will miss her.

"A doctor, are you? Well diagnose this!"
    Why build an engine when you have a perfectly good whale?

Pip Madeley Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Gently
    Well it'll be good from what I saw in Cardiff.
    Jealous!

Did the visual effects stand up in that particular sequence?

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip Madeley View Post
    Did the visual effects stand up in that particular sequence?
    Yeah, they were pretty good. It was the first showing of the piece for most of the production staff apparently so they were probably very nervous. You get to see the TARDIS interior as Tennant is standing in the doorway trying to get Ms Tate to jump, similarly to how Eccleston stood in the doorway in Rose at the end.

Pip Madeley Guest

So we get some CGI TARDIS action similar to the opening of last year's Christmas special?

That sequence is still the coolest thing ever, made my Christmas Day.

Yep, the TARDIS is actually hovering along at 70 MPH & hops over a Vectra. It's all very well done in my opinion, but then again it was on a 50foot screen about 220 feet away.

Pip Madeley Guest

Nice one Tim... it sounds like very exciting TV - bet Si Hart will be pleased to see it

well i'm excited..

Teresa Guest

I can't wait!!
    though I am still a little dubious about Catherine Tate appearing in Doctor Who, anyone else?

Teresa
    xx

though I am still a little dubious about Catherine Tate appearing in Doctor Who, anyone else?
    I've heard that she's actually very good! I guess we'll find out on Christmas Day...

Ant x

Watchers in the Fourth Dimension: A Doctor Who Podcast
    Three Americans and a Brit attempt to watch their way through the entirety of Doctor Who
    ----
    Latest Episode: The WOTAN Clan, discussing The War Machines
    Available on iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, and Podbean
    Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter at @watchers4d

I can't wait!!

Teresa
    xx
    well over on the Outpost Gallifrey, forums people were actualy posting say they won't watch it because Catherine Tate, is in which is some thing I find staggerinly stupid attitude to take. Personaly I don't have a problem with Tate, being in it she is an acclumpished actress who has done series parts and my attitude is it's a christmas special so who cares if it's going to be a bit spoofy.

But I also think RTD, has pulled off a master stroke in casting Tate - you have a hugely popular tv programm with a hugely popular actress put on on Chrstmas Day at 7pm and your guaranteed a ratings winner.

Teresa Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Larry View Post
    well over on the Outpost Gallifrey, forums people were actualy posting say they won't watch it because Catherine Tate, is in which is some thing I find staggerinly stupid attitude to take. Personaly I don't have a problem with Tate, being in it she is an acclumpished actress who has done series parts and my attitude is it's a christmas special so who cares if it's going to be a bit spoofy.

But I also think RTD, has pulled off a master stroke in casting Tate - you have a hugely popular tv programm with a hugely popular actress put on on Chrstmas Day at 7pm and your guaranteed a ratings winner.
    Oh, I have nothing against Catherine Tate, in fact I quite like her, and agree it is a complete ratings winner.
    My only though was how well it would work with the show as a whole. and am quite excited to see how they are going to do it.

Teresa
    xx

well i'm sure RTD is going to produce another cracking story and i'me really looking forward to it....

I'll be putting my foot through the TV just before the opening credits.

1 month to go!

Ant x

Three Americans and a Brit attempt to watch their way through the entirety of Doctor Who
    ----

Quote Originally Posted by Ant Williams View Post
    1 month to go!

Ant x

I'm assuming it will be on on Christmas Day again..?

Do we know whether Catherine Tate's name will be in the opening credits a la Billie Piper?

I know Catherine Tate's character is considered as a companion for the story fine - although I do like to think of it as being a bit like when Sarah left in Hand of Fear, and there was an intervening story before Leela joined.

So Catherine Tate, or Donna, is the Castellan Spandrell of the 2000s.

Re: Jonno's query, while I don't know the answer, I must admit I always felt it would have been quite nice if John Barrowman's and Noel Clarke's names could have been added to the credits for the appropriate episodes (at least after Mickey joined the TARDIS crew), but I suppose that would have been a lot of unnecessary trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Logo Polish View Post
    Re: Jonno's query, while I don't know the answer, I must admit I always felt it would have been quite nice if John Barrowman's and Noel Clarke's names could have been added to the credits for the appropriate episodes (at least after Mickey joined the TARDIS crew), but I suppose that would have been a lot of unnecessary trouble.
    From what I can tell, Mickey and Captain Jack counted as "guest stars", rather than full-time stars like David/Chris and Billie. So, I would hazard a guess and say that Catherine Tate's name won't be in the title sequence.

However, I could well be wrong!

Ant x

----

The four minute Runaway Bride clip has already appeared in the usual place.

Quote Originally Posted by Ant Williams View Post
    From what I can tell, Mickey and Captain Jack counted as "guest stars", rather than full-time stars like David/Chris and Billie. So, I would hazard a guess and say that Catherine Tate's name won't be in the title sequence.

However, I could well be wrong!

Ant x

well Katrina and Sarah Kingdom. have all ways been considered companions and they both only appeared in one story so for me the fact that both Mickey and Jack have both travelled in the TARDIs for more than just one episode/story makes them officialy companions.

BBC Programme Info for Weeks 52/1 has just appeared on the Press Office site:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/proginfo/tv/wk52/

'The Runaway Bride' programme copy...

SPOILER WARNING!!!

POTENTIAL PLOT SPOILERS AHEAD!!!

CONTAINS POTENTIAL PLOT SPOILERS THAT'LL BE ALL OVER THE PRESS/TV/RADIO IN THE NEXT FEW WEEKS....

Doctor Who Christmas Special –
    The Runaway Bride
    Drama BBC ONE
    www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho

Award-winning comedy actress Catherine Tate and Sarah Parish star alongside David Tennant in a special Christmas edition of the time-travelling adventure.

Bride-to-be Donna mysteriously vanishes as she prepares to marry her boyfriend Lance in a glittering ceremony on Christmas Eve. She suddenly appears, to her complete astonishment, in the Tardis with the Doctor.

As the Tardis races to get to the church on time, the Doctor and Donna are closely watched by the sinister figure of The Empress of Racnoss from her throne in her spaceship. It soon becomes clear that Donna is the key to an ancient alien plan to destroy the Earth.

David Tennant plays the Doctor, Catherine Tate plays Donna and Sarah Parish plays The Empress of Racnoss.

POTENTIAL PLOT SPOILERS THAT'LL BE ALL OVER THE PRESS/TV/RADIO IN THE NEXT FEW WEEKS....

POTENTIAL PLOT SPOILERS ABOVE!!!

SPOILER WARNING!!!
    Last edited by Milky Tears; 27th Nov 2006 at 4:20 PM. Reason: to go overboard with the "Spoiler!!" warnings ;)