Default BF 114: Brotherhood of The Daleks

Starring Colin Baker and India Fisher
    With Michael Cochrane and Nicholas Briggs as The Daleks

The TARDIS materialises. Despite console readings to the contrary, the Sixth Doctor and Charley step out, unexpectedly, into an alien jungle, where they find themselves stalked and then ambushed. They have landed in the middle of one of the Dalek wars, and this time the tactics used by both sides are threatening the very nature of reality.
    AUTHOR: Alan Barnes
    DIRECTOR: Nicholas Briggs
    SOUND DESIGN: Steve Foxon
    MUSIC: Steve Foxon
    COVER ART: Alex Mallinson
    RECORDED DATE: 23 & 24 June 2008
    RELEASE DATE: 31 October 2008

This one plopped on to our mat just before we headed up to Leeds this weekend - if we hadn't had 4 other plays to listen to, we might have listened to Brotherhood of The Daleks!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

I rather enjoyed this one. It's not as clever as it thinks it is, and it sort of dissolves into silliness at one point (and I think, also, one concept too many), but it kept my interest the whole way through.
    The Doctor's almost as clever as I am!

We've managed to listen to part one and dear me it's a twisty old thing. And very good! Colin and India make such a great team and it's wonderful to hear them playing off each other, with The Doctor all suspicious and Charlie trying to cover up what she knows, failing miserably!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Wayne Guest

A Dalek story eh? Might have to track this one down.

Bonkers.

This story had 10 different ideas, none of which were explored to full satisfaction. However, it was thoroughly enjoyable throughout, with only the Dalek singing (!) being annoying, but that was over briefly. The best bits were all to do with the Doctor / Charlie relationship, they really are a 'Class-A' line up!

I was quite impressed with my self in that I managed to follow it all with out getting lost. In fact at one point I was ahead & knew that something wasn't real!

Enjoyed this one more on second listen. Have to agree about the brilliant partnership between Colin and India though. They are a pleasure to listen too.

WhiteCrow Guest

I need to try and check this out sometime. The title makes me expect Daleks with afros though!

Wayne Guest

Not being a BF regular anymore, the pairing of Colin & India was a revelation. They really work well together, but their performances were the only thing that made this worth listening to, because the story itself was a lot bobbins!
    At least it was funny listening to the Thaleks doing their best Arcturus impressions.
    But it has to be said that this was pants. Nowhere near as good as 'Eye of the Daleks'. Eh Tim?

FOLK-STONE!!

MY ARSE!

because the story itself was a lot bobbins!
    Ah, succinctly put! I tried to be nice to it, but I think you're entirely right.

Nowhere near as good as 'Eye of the Daleks'.
    Very little is!

I rather enjoyed this as I like convoluted plots and this one is a real 'Russian Doll' plot. Colin Baker and India Fisher work really well together. However the singing Daleks were absurd.