Thread: MP3 Shrinkage

Default MP3 Shrinkage

A friend of mine (no really!) has a large collection of MP3 files that are taking up a huge amount of space on his hard drive.

Now MP3 files can be created at different KBP rates - 256 for a high standard, 96 and lower for a noise like an elephant farting in a dustbin.

Is there a piece of softward that can compress MP3 files as a batch? So if you take 200 MP3 files at 256kbps, can it then convert them to 96kpb files?

Any help or ideas would be much appreciated!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Pip Madeley Guest

Pip recommends Daniusoft MP3 WAV Converter for your needs.

ta.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Pip Madeley Guest

You're welcome.

Shrink My Tunes is a tenner and it reduces MP3 file sizes using a variable bitrate to maintain quality while also making them 50-75% smaller. I've been using it for a while and it certainly sounds better than just re-encoding them at 96 or 64kps.

It claims to use NASA~! technology.
    Dennis, Francois, Melba and Smasher are competing to see who can wine and dine Lola Whitecastle and win the contract to write her memoirs. Can Dennis learn how to be charming? Can Francois concentrate on anything else when food is on the table? Will Smasher keep his temper under control?

If only the 28th century didn't keep popping up to get in Dennis's way...

#dammitbrent

The eleventh annual Brenty Four serial is another Planet Skaro exclusive. A new episode each day until Christmas in the Brenty Four-um.

Tell him to buy some blank CD's and do some burning!

Si.

I did consider mentioning that you can get a terrabyte of storage for around £150 these days.