We liked Fame, we love High School Musical - this should be interesting to tune into, although I've not seen a decent program ITV have put together of late ...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7670328.stm

A drama about performing arts students complete with musical numbers may revive memories of 1980s US TV hit Fame.
But the updated setting of new show Britannia High is contemporary London, and there is less emphasis on luminous leg warmers and jazz hands.
While six fresh-faced young performers have been cast in the principal roles, the team behind the programme is bristling with credentials.
Take That star Gary Barlow is the chief songwriter of the show's songs, with bandmate Mark Owen and Robbie Williams' former musical partner Guy Chambers also on board.

Britannia High is the brainchild of choreographer Arlene Phillips, best known to TV viewers as one of the judges on Strictly Come Dancing.
She says one of her inspirations was Georgina Hagen, a friend of her daughter, who was "forever singing and dancing around my house".
Hagen went on to be cast as Lauren, whose story is the focus of the opening episode.

Some 3,000 young people were auditioned for the show in a process that "went on and on and on and was very difficult," according to Phillips.
Two of the other characters were plucked from Phillips' BBC talent show Dance X, but she admits to being "cautious" about taking them on.
"I had no idea if they could act," she says, given that it is essentially a drama containing singing and dancing.
I'll just mention ...

Some 3,000 young people were auditioned for the show in a process that "went on and on and on and was very difficult," according to Phillips.
I'm surprised that they didn't put together a reality show around that, it being ITV