Default You Tube Copy-Me-Don'ts!

Dear BobMcCow,

Your video "Supreme Queen - Blakes 7" has been identified by YouTube's Content Identification program as containing copyrighted content which UMG claims is theirs. http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=v5R5-NVvDMc

Your video "Supreme Queen - Blakes 7" is still available because UMG does not object to this content appearing on YouTube at this time. As long as UMG has a claim on your video, they will receive public statistics about your video, such as number of views. Viewers may also see advertising on your video's page.

Claim Details:

Copyright owner: UMG
    Content claimed: Some or all of the audio content
    Policy: Allow this content to remain on YouTube.

Place advertisements on this video's watch page.

Applies to these locations:
    United States

UMG claimed this content as a part of the YouTube Content Identification program. YouTube allows partners to review YouTube videos for content to which they own the rights. Partners may use our automated video / audio matching system to identify their content, or they may manually review videos.

If you believe that this claim was made in error, or that you are otherwise authorized to use the content at issue, you can dispute this claim with UMG and view other options in the Video ID Matches section of your YouTube account. Please note that YouTube does not mediate copyright disputes between content owners. Learn more about video identification disputes. http://help.youtube.com/support/yout...y?answer=83768

Sincerely,
    The YouTube Content Identification Team
    Has anyone else had any messages like this? It's a bit worrying that they've take so long to notice. In any case, You Tube is absolutely jam-packed with other copyright infringements like this. What I want to know is, are they being fair?

And should I be worried?
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Pip Madeley Guest

Don't be worried. I had a similar thing happen with one of my Pulp videos - I got a message from Island saying that although I'd used their copyrighted music they liked what I'd done & wanted it to stay online and so they added adverts & a notice that said "Contains content from Island Recording Groups".