Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

I've still got a bit of champagne left if anyone wants any.
    It'd be a great way to celebrate a very enjoyable concert. Good idea!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

My lad was crying all last night. Thanks for that David.

You are mad quitting the best written and acclaimed programme on tv. One day you will realise what an error you made.

In the meantime we have elected out of protest not to watch your remaining stories,
    I hope the new Doctor is less casual about upsetting some many youngsters by quitting.
    Good to see some people have retained some perspective.

Si.

Wayne Guest

This one made me laugh.

Good riddance I say. Hopefully his replacement will be able to act instead of pulling faces. You’ve got to admire his balls though, what’s he going to do when the work dries up. The RSC will be chasing the new Doctor to star in the forthcoming season, opposite Jordan no doubt.

Still there's always the convention circut to fall back on.
    Especially the bit about Jordan.

I'm saddened by this, but not at all surprised. I'm glad DT got the chance to make the announcement himself and as far as his career is concerned, I think this is a good time to go. As a fan, I would prefer he continue.

I also think, if anyone deserves to write Tennant's regeneration story, it's RTD and that wouldn't have happened had DT stayed for the fifth series.

I thought that the title of one of the episodes (for the 2010 season) is New Clothes or something similar.

To be honest, I wasn't too surprised that he's decided to quit. What with a new writer/producer and a 'break' for 2009 (albeit with 5 specials) there comes a point in time when people need to change, to keep evolving (maturity) and playing the same character constantly doesn't always (*) allow you to do that.

*: The TV character Frasier may be an exception, but a rare one.
    Assume you're going to Win
    Always have an Edge

Quote Originally Posted by Phil L View Post
    I ) there comes a point in time when people need to change, to keep evolving (maturity) and playing the same character constantly doesn't always (*) allow you to do that.

and by his own addmition he would of stayed for many years to come.

certainly no body expected his victory speech to turn into a resignation speech and from a purely selfish point of view i'd of liked him to of continued for a good few years yet. How ever i'm a great believer that you should always go out when your on top form and not when your in decline because you stayed to long.

David, has given us three of the best seasons in the entire history of Doctor Who, he rejuvinated my love for the programm - and given me many a happy saturday night and for that I will always be truely great full.

David is now firmly entrenched as my 2nd favourite Doctor although
    he did come mightely close to nocking Tom, off his pearch as my fav Doctor.

I wish him all the best for what ever he dose next and for the future.

With all the will he or won't he speculation recently, this doesn't come as much of a surprise. Even so, one more season would be nice. Still, can't have everything, and if he feels it's time to go while he's still enjoying, rather than enduring the experience, the show and his reputation as an actor should remain intact.

So who's going to be the next Doctor? Madeley or Monk? hmm?

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart Wallis View Post
    Even so, one more season would be nice.
    Well we've still got five more specials with DT which kind of constitutes one more mini-season...

Well I'm not sure Judy Finnigan would let her husband be tied in to such a long and committed contract, and as for the Meddling Monk, well, perhaps he was the Doctor all the time..?

There's only one way to find out.....

FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT!

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

I know the show has a tradition for casting unknows (well unknown to the greater public) why not break with tradition and cast a big name?
    What about Bob Hoskins? The Doctor gets a cockney accent from memories of Rose? Or do you think they'll go for a complete new star and hardly even mention the monsters from The Tennant Years?
    Doctor Who is bigger than Bob Hoskins, but Bob Hoskins is bigger than David Tennant?
    Just a thought.
    Good luck David and thanks.

Wayne Guest

Monk.
    Madeley's too young. (Sorry Pip)

Can you guys stop chattering, I'm trying to talk to Steven Moffatt on the phone.

You're not taking the jacket with you!

Si xx

Wayne Guest

@Paul+Si

Captain Tancredi Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Pip Madeley View Post
    I feel that sadnesss/fear/excitement the same as you Kaybee, it's weird. Most of you are used to it, but we're not!
    Well, the last time an established Doctor left voluntarily was in 1983, at which time I don't think either of you were as much as the proverbial glint...!

It's interesting for Tennant's career path as well- before the age of 40 he's made his name playing the role he dreamed of playing 25 years ago and is almost certainly financially secure for life now. Where do you go from there?

I suppose you do the roles that you really want to do, and wait for ITV to write a drama especially for you!

If nothing else, there's always Big Finish and the convention circuit!

Si xx

Dave Lewis Guest

The Hoosiers aren't pop, have no tunes, no discernable air of fun and have at least one member with a moustache - they are Scouting For Girls for the razor light. Alphabeat are far more fun, have better pop tunes and have NO FACIAL HAIR!

It's interesting for Tennant's career path as well- before the age of 40 he's made his name playing the role he dreamed of playing 25 years ago and is almost certainly financially secure for life now. Where do you go from there?
    With all due respect he's not Tom Baker; Tennant is a young, good-looking, talented and versatile actor whose career will most likely continue in its ascendancy. I suspect more serious movie work - lead roles - are in the offing. If he ends up doing a mediocre Sherlock Holmes remake, starring as Victor Plum in Cluedo 2015 and appearing on a straight-to-freebie DVD pissed in a big suit laughing at his own failed recollections of his time on Doctor Who I will eat my hat. And my head.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Tancredi View Post
    It's interesting for Tennant's career path as well- before the age of 40 he's made his name playing the role he dreamed of playing 25 years ago ?

and it will be the first words on his obituary when he dies "former Doctor Who"...as much as it's great for the actor playing the part just like with the actors who have played James Bond, Doctor Who, will sadly be the only thing Tennent will be truely remembered for.

Alphabeat are far more fun, have better pop tunes and have NO FACIAL HAIR!
    You're slagging off the Hoosiers to champion ALPHABEAT?!?! In any case, that irritating gerbil who stands at the front in a skirt and 'sings' blatantly has a moustache.

Not that the Hoosiers are my fave band at all. But they're quite good, in an ELO pastiche kind of way.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Pip Madeley Guest

Oi! McCow! Leave her alone!

I'd tap that.

You'd tap a no hotlinking sign... To each their own.

I'd tap that.
    Say the word!

Si xx

Pip Madeley Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne View Post
    Monk.
    Madeley's too young. (Sorry Pip)
    You mean I'm not Pertwee enough?

Dave Lewis Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Rob McCow View Post
    You're slagging off the Hoosiers to champion ALPHABEAT?!?! In any case, that irritating gerbil who stands at the front in a skirt and 'sings' blatantly has a moustache.

Not that the Hoosiers are my fave band at all. But they're quite good, in an ELO pastiche kind of way.
    I was being a bit harsh; I prefer the Wombats out of all the jolly-popster-groups filling the charts but only because of "Moving To New York" and "Let's Dance To Joy Division" - the only Scouting For Girls that I can vaguely admit to enjoying is "Heartbeat". As for the Hoosiers, I'm afraid I've yet to hear a decent one. Actually "Goodbye Mister A" isn't irredeemable, but it IS totally ELO. It almost IS "Mister Blue Sky"... not necessarily a bad thing to pastiche I suppose.

Actually Alphabeat are pretty shit as well. I think I was just being mischievous; fortunately I didn't do it in an answerphone message...

I actually passed on a "Stine from Alphabeat/facial hair gag" about 24 hours ago. I'm trying to rise above it these days.

The Hoosiers/Scouting For Girls are full of gimps.

Quote Originally Posted by Si Hart
    Say the word!
    The word is on his/her hairy lips*!

* hairy as in moustache... honest!