Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Wayne Guest

Phew!

So long he's not American.
    What about an American putting on a British accent? We've had a Scots with an English accent.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Wayne Guest

Is that a vote for Keannu Reeves?

No - it should be Ben Browder (of Farscape and Stargate SG-1 )
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

That reminds me I need to borrow Farscape of you guys sometime. I watched most of series 1 and loved it.

WhiteCrow Guest

If only the job paid better ...

Pip Madeley Guest

Tennant has filmed his last scenes of Dr Who today.

The end of an era.

So now we've got to hope that no pillock gets the regeneration onto You Tube during the next seven months - that's a long time to have some footage under 'lock & key' nowadays.

I suspect the thrill of the scene will be in its context - the regeneration itself will probably just be the usual 'firey gush' thing.

I wonder if Smith was on the set for it, or whether or not they just do his bit seperately and edit it all together?

Si.

Pip Madeley Guest

Well there seems to be an idea that the regeneration was filmed weeks ago, so who knows. Suppose it's possible, they wouldn't need anything other than him (no new costume required etc).

That's the thing - for such a scene, the Old Doctor and the New Doctor would never need to be in the same shot (unless they are going for some kind of Watcher situation) so these days there's no need to have them there at the same time. And it would invite a lot of attention to the filming if they were.

And yet, I've always thought of those as great historic moments. It's lovely to think of the day when Hartnell and Troughton were laying on the TARDIS control room set side by side (and wouldn't we all kill for cini footage from that afternoon), and there's something magical about the footage of Peter Davison getting up and Colin Baker laying down... it ought to be law that the Doctors meet to 'change over'.

Si.

Not neccessarily so when Tom left - "God I'm not staying around so that I can bump into another ****ing youngster!"

RTD has just been on BBC Wales Today and confirmed David Tennant finished yesterday and the last scenes of the specials are being filmed tomorrow.

Oh and they're going to be brilliant!

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Pip Madeley Guest

Quote Originally Posted by SiHart View Post
    RTD has just been on BBC Wales Today and confirmed David Tennant finished yesterday and the last scenes of the specials are being filmed tomorrow.

Si xx
    Clip here - http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/8062511.stm

I'm even more convinced now that the TARDIS interior will be changing for series 5...

Doesn't they just mean it's Russell's last time in the TARDIS?

Si.

Quote Originally Posted by SiHart View Post

Si xx

hmm, but are we going to be able to make it to christmas, without some idiot newspaper spoiling the big ending and saying what causes the Doctor to regenerate.

Pip Madeley Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Si Hunt View Post
    Doesn't they just mean it's Russell's last time in the TARDIS?

Si.
    Well, I am putting two and two together with some spoilery information I'm aware of.

It's the old anti-climax involving the chip pan catching on fire, isn't it?

Pip Madeley Guest

Tennant news:

Stephen Fry confirmed on Twitter that David Tennant will be recording the Christmas episode of QI tonight in London.

And some more news, of particular interest to those who missed his appearance as Hamlet (i.e. most of us):

Tennant to reprise Hamlet for BBC

Actor David Tennant has signed up to reprise his role as Hamlet for BBC Two.

The Doctor Who star recently completed a stint playing the prince on stage as part of a Royal Shakespeare Company production.

He will be joined by all of the key members of its original cast, including Star Trek actor Patrick Stewart, who plays Claudius.

Last week Tennant finished filming his farewell Doctor Who episodes, which will be shown later this year.

He announced he was leaving the popular BBC show last year at the National Television Awards.

BBC Two controller Janice Hadlow said the 180-minute screen production of Hamlet was "a wonderful opportunity... to bring one of the great stage successes of last year to a wider audience".

Tickets for the stage performances, which opened in Stratford-Upon-Avon and later moved to London, sold out in hours.

After his debut appearance, the Guardian called Tennant the "best Hamlet in years".

Although the 38-year-old was lauded by critics, he hurt his back and was unable to perform for a while as he recovered from surgery.

In February his return to the stage as Hamlet was named the event of the year in the Whatsonstage.com Theatregoers' Choice Awards, which also saw Kenneth Branagh win best actor for Ivanov.

From BBC News

Edited to add: Oops! Just saw the same news here - sorry!
    Last edited by Dave Tudor; 29th May 2009 at 9:39 AM.

I can see a lot of us sitting through three hours of Shakespeare, grateful that it wasn't the full four-and-a-half!

Pip Madeley Guest

According to david-tennant.com:

David has signed up for the latest St Trinian's film, St Trinian's II: The Legend Of Fritton's Gold, which began prinicipal photography today.

David will play the villainous Pomfrey, who along with his sidekicks form the women-hating secret society known as AD1.

The cast also includes Rupert Everett, who will reprise his role as unconventional headmistress Camilla Fritton, Colin Firth, Gemma Arterton, Talulah Riley, Jodie Whittaker, Juno Temple, Tamsin Egerton, Celia Imrie and Fenella Wollgar, alongside Sarah Harding, Ella Smith, Zawe Aston and Montserrat Lombard.

The 8 week shoot will take place at Ealing Studios.
    Due at the end of the year.

Oh Dear!

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Monk View Post
    Oh Dear!
    Thank you! Glad it isn't just me!

Quote Originally Posted by Pip Madeley View Post
    Tennant has filmed his last scenes of Dr Who today.

The end of an era.
    Or not....

http://io9.com/5306667/
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild