Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Everyone seems to have enjoyed "The Curse of Ratanapura", which of course is free to download. But as is customary, there is also a special CD release, which brings together the story in full on CD, wrapped inside a gorgeous cover, and laced with bonus material. The CD's of "The Curse of Ratanapura" are now available!

The CD contains both episodes of the story plus Tea With The Trods an exclusive short story set in the era when the Doctor and Rosalind travelled together! It is written and read by Steve Alexander, and kick-starts off our new style of 'narrated' short stories of missing adventures for our TARDIS teams. Run a bath, sink beneath the bubbles, and let Steve's soothing tones take you on an adventure...

If you'd like a copy of the CD, as usual all you need to do is bung me a couple of quid towards postage and materials, plus an optional donation to our chosen charity - in this case The Children's Society.

The Children's Society helps children who are in trouble, disabled, refugees or who are child carers. It funds special Childrens Centres to help kids who wern't as fortunate as some of us with their start in life, as well as a post-adoption service.

Also, something slightly different this time. The cheque for the total we raise will go straight to a particular charity shop raising funds for this charity - because it needs to raise a certain amount to stay open. So we can help save the shop! We have suggested to them the figure we usually raise with our CD's, and apparently this would be an amazing donation for them... so let's see if we can not only avoid letting them down, but maybe surpass it and surprise them!

To get your hands on a crisp new CD, simply bung the ever-so-bargainous amount of two quid plus optional donation to me, either via paypal (si_hunt99@yahoo.com) or cheque/postal order (to 13 Hazel Gardens, Sawbridgeworth, Herts CM21 9RD) and I will dispatch your CD.

Note: I will be at the PS Meet on November 8th and will have some CD's on me then, so this is an ideal opportunity to pick up your CD. However, if you arn't planning to make the meet, or would like to pre-order and reserve your CD in advance (limited print run, so it'll be first come, first served!) please follow the above guidelines to do so!

Alonsy!

Si.

The cheque for the total we raise will go straight to a particular charity shop raising funds for this charity - because it needs to raise a certain amount to stay open. So we can help save the shop!
    Silly question - what happens to our donation if the shop doesn't stay open?

We'll just have to make sure it does!

Si.

Can I order a copy & bung you the cash at the meet, Si?

Wayne Guest

I've already struck a deal with HarPi & i shall be waiting impatiently by the front door.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne View Post
    I've already struck a deal with HarPi & i shall be waiting impatiently by the front door.
    I slipped them some notes at a secret London location; just one more reason to be looking forward to the Big Meet
    Bazinga !

Run a bath, sink beneath the bubbles, and let Steve's soothing tones take you on an adventure...
    "Its Alan's deep bath"

The shop in question is the one Jody volunteers in and unlike most other charity shops is entirely run by volunteers. They have no paid members of staff at all. So all money they raise goes straight to the charity.
    There will also be a charity donation box at the meet if anyone feels like being extra generous.

Can I order a copy & bung you the cash at the meet, Si?
    Sure thing Tim!

Si.

Same for us please Si!

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Alonsy! Don't the CD's look gorgeous in their lovely Pip-tastic cover? Enjoy that moment when you pop it on the shelf next to its fellows!

Si.

Hi Si,

Put me down for a CD. I'll be at the meet in November so we can swap CD/money then.

Ta.

Phil L.
    Assume you're going to Win
    Always have an Edge

Me too!

Hi Si,
    Would you be able to send me a copy please. I will put a cheque in the post tomorrow along with my new address.
    Thanks.

I think I can manage that Chris!

Si.

Pip Madeley Guest

Just cause I made the damn thing doesn't mean I won't be buying a copy.

Help us support The Children's Society!

Can I reserve a copy please?

No! (just kidding, of course!)

Actually, let's say that people don't need to reserve copies of these. I'll make sure there's enough and if there's not I'll extend the print run and knock out a few more.

Si.

Wayne Guest

Got my CD(s) today. (Thanks Si)
    Must say i really enjoyed the surprise extra with Steve 'Jackanory' Alexander.
    Last edited by Wayne; 4th Nov 2008 at 7:36 PM.

His funny voices are great arn't they?

Si.

They're all better than the Rob one

Thanks for the comment Wayne, I had a lovely er... 15 minutes recording it!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

I'll take four.

Sssshhh.

Si.

Quote Originally Posted by Si Hunt View Post
    Actually, let's say that people don't need to reserve copies of these. I'll make sure there's enough and if there's not I'll extend the print run and knock out a few more.
    We're going to hold you to that.
    Don't you worry
    Assume you're going to Win
    Always have an Edge

Hi Si,

I've been a bit out of the loop recently (due to an internet problem that I should be resolving next week - I've had to sneak online at work, which is much more difficult than it used to be for me).
    I've not heard anything since the CD of 'The Paradise Machine'.
    I know, it's disgraceful isn't it

I shall of course make sure that I catch up with everything in the correct order as soon as I can.
    I'm not actually sure what I've missed or which stories are already available on CD, but can I ask that you bring me a copy of whatever has made it to CD so far and I'll pay for it/them at the meet.

Cheers

Andrew

There's only been two stories since "The Paradise Machine" Andrew, and CD copies of both will be available on Saturday!

Si.