Wayne Guest

Default Can't change my avatar

Dunno if it's just a glitch, but i can't change my avatar.
    Just changed my sig pic no problem, but it won't let me change my avatar no way.
    Tried uploading from my pc, & also a web based avatar url, but nothing will work.
    Any clues?

I even tried using the url of Si Hunt's current avatar, but even that won't work. It just tells me: 'This JPG has the wrong file extension'. That's coz it's a gif! But it works for Si.

My avatar pic is a .jpg not a gif. Are you sure you're using the right URL?

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/simon.hunt17/Eye/cover.jpg

Are you getting an error or does it just not appear? Mine changed fine.

Si.

I got "Unable to save image" when I tried. Might it be trying to store the images at the regular PS location rather than the new one?
    Dennis, Francois, Melba and Smasher are competing to see who can wine and dine Lola Whitecastle and win the contract to write her memoirs. Can Dennis learn how to be charming? Can Francois concentrate on anything else when food is on the table? Will Smasher keep his temper under control?

If only the 28th century didn't keep popping up to get in Dennis's way...

#dammitbrent

The eleventh annual Brenty Four serial is another Planet Skaro exclusive. A new episode each day until Christmas in the Brenty Four-um.

Pip Madeley Guest

It's because the link will be directing to www.planetskaro.org.uk - I'm afraid it's too much hassle to change hundreds of links for a few days. We're hoping to get our domain name away from Streamline and then things will return to normal. We can't even edit the PHP/CSS of our pages at the moment (hence the out of date babble at the top of the page).

Bear with us.

Wayne Guest

Well i right clicked on your avatar Si, & this is the url that the Properties says:

http://www.planetskaro.dnsalias.org/...avatar2_21.gif

I just tried the jpg url in your post, but that didn't work either. It says: 'The remote file is too large'.

ETA: Just seen Pip's post. No probs Pip. It's no big deal. I was just wondering if it was something easily fixable. No worries.

Pip Madeley Guest

Yes Wayne but the coding might not point to the new address. Hang on a few days and you can sort your new avatar out then.

Wayne Guest

I must've just been editing my above post as you were typing. I didn't see your reply before i made my post. Simultaneous posting going on, & you're faster than me.

Yes, I'm afraid you're going to have to bear with us on this one . It's not pleasant, but at least the forums up and running . Who else wants to forget what Monday felt like ?

Once we get the original domain name pointing to this server then we can be sure that it's not a domain name issue, but a permissions one; which I can then work on.

Phil L.
    Assume you're going to Win
    Always have an Edge

Wayne Guest

Cheers Phil. (More simultaneous posting)

The size message might have been down to some sort of Admin privelage allowing us bigger pictures as avatars or something? Not that you need it, I just couldn't be bothered the shrink the file so I used the same one I put up to show everyone the cover on the thread.

Everyone knows Admins are larger.

Si.

Pip Madeley Guest

Some of us are too large.

I've tweaked the permissions since you, Wayne and Lissa, tried uploading new Avatars.
    Try again and report back to this thread.

Ta.

Phil L.
    Assume you're going to Win
    Always have an Edge

Wayne Guest

It works now, Thanks Phil.

I tried to change my avatar as well but as I couldn't I don't think I'll bother in the future.