Thread: Firefly For All

Default Firefly For All

There may not be any more films in the pipeline, but Joss Whedon's Firefly universe will live on in an online role-playing game, now that a company called Multiverse has struck a deal with Fox.

Multiverse are a "platform provider", not a games developer, so it'll be someone else's job to actually make the thing using Multiverse tools. Says Multiverse's Corey Bridges, "We want to find someone who wants to do something unqiue and fun and interesting... something worthy of the show. This all springs from the genius that is Joss Whedon. It's rewarding beyond words to be able to hopefully be a footnote in the history of Firefly."

How long will we have to wait? Well, Bridges says he's confident there'll be "something the public can play" sometime in 2008.
    Oh great! Well, Firefly seems to want to be forced into existence somehow. But will this be a success?
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

How bizarre! Firefly seems to be one of those things that is incredibly popular with those people it's popular with, but isn't popular with enough people to actually be really popular.

It's not at all popular in our house!

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Will these people ever give up? For a series that was cancelled after a few episodes and got a movie because of high DVD sales there are far too many people refusing to give up on it.

No, I don't care much for Firefly either
    Your people? Your people??? They are MY people now!

Yeah, it's ridiculous. What on earth are they thinking about - it's just stupidity to keep harping on about a series after it's been cancelled. No good will come of it - people should move on!
    The Doctor's almost as clever as I am!

Firefly rules and you all suck

Quote Originally Posted by WileyKat View Post
    Yeah, it's ridiculous. What on earth are they thinking about - it's just stupidity to keep harping on about a series after it's been cancelled. No good will come of it - people should move on!
    Do I sense more than a hint of irony in that post...?

In his own inimitable style, Andrew perfectly sums up the popularity of 'Firefly'. I'm a new convert, and after watching the whole series, I too think it's a crying shame that there are not going to be any more made. I've yet to see 'Serenity', but if its reputation is anything to go by, I'd love to see more movies made. It doesn't look like it's going to happen, though, certainly not in the near future anyway, what with Joss Whedon being tied up with the 'Wonder Woman' movie.

This, however, seems a good way to keep the franchise alive in some form. Personally, I'm not really a fan of computer games or role-playing games, but I hope it's a success regardless.
    Last edited by Dave Tudor; 4th Feb 2007 at 12:58 PM.

It doesn't look like it's going to happen, though, certainly not in the near future anyway, what with Joss Whedon being tied up with the 'Wonder Woman' movie.
    Actually, I just read a headline yesterday that said he had dropped out of doing Wonder Woman because none of the producers seemed very excited about his vision and ideas or something like that...